Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The biggest Prize Pool in AFOL fansite history?

Exactly. The only reason that someone would want the box (besides treasuring it) that I can think of is so they can go and sell the whole MISB set on eBay, but then why would you even enter the contest? That's no fun...

Now now, that's not true at all. I love having the box from a collectors point of view. To me, the box completes the set. Without it, the set just isn't complete to me, which is why I always like to get the box if possible. And I'm certainly not going to go sell the set one eBay! No, I just feel that having the box makes the set complete. I guess it's just a collectors thing. Think of Matchbox cars; when they have the box, they are worth at least 10 times the price. It's nice to know that you own the complete set to, and not just the pieces. Anyone can get the pieces together for a set, but having the box is, to me, a necessity if you want to complete the set. It's kind of the same as that discussion about owning MISB sets.

Besides,the boxes have some cool stuff to look at on them. :pir-grin:

Aye. I see what you mean. Having the box means you have the set, not just the bricks needed to make the model. Although I don't think it is that important to have the box.

Hmm, that's true, Dragonator. I am a collector, but I know that I've purchased the sets and not just gathered the bricks. That's all that matters to me, since most likely no one will accuse me of doing so (not that I would care much).

Hmm, that's true, Dragonator. I am a collector, but I know that I've purchased the sets and not just gathered the bricks. That's all that matters to me, since most likely no one will accuse me of doing so (not that I would care much).

Yeah true. I don't see this going anywhere so back on topic, thanks very much to everyone who contributed to the planning etc. of this competition. It will be great fun regardless of wheather I win or not.

Mister Phes is taking quite a lot of time to post the rules... maye he wants to wait until this thread has at least 10 pages or more, then throw in the rules somewhere in the middle (so they will be hard to find for people :pir-tongue: ) and then start the contest. :pir-grin:

What puzzles me is who brought in the prizes (1 person or more) and who can afford to simply give away this amount of Lego sets... :pir-look: Judging from what I read around here, most people do not even own a BSB or even a single pirate set to start with. I admit that some EB members might have been too young when the theme came out (between 1989 - 1997) but I got my very first pirate set in 2005 when the theme was out the door for almost a decade or so (except for the more recent the re-releases of course).

If you need pirates, there is always eBay and BrickLink for instance with many previously owned vessels, figures and sets that can get you started into the theme.

What puzzles me is who brought in the prizes (1 person or more) and who can afford to simply give away this amount of Lego sets... :pir-look: Judging from what I read around here, most people do not even own a BSB or even a single pirate set to start with.

jamtf, you see those bargains at the bottom of your screen? Ebay pays money for advertising. And after a long time waiting, they have raked in enough cash to purchase the worlds biggest ever prize pool!

Looks like a great contest awaits us... And it was only a few days ago that I found myself wondering when a new contest is going to start here at C-P. I guess that's more than what I hoped for. :)

maybe Mister Phes is just too occupied , I think we'll have to wait a little more ^^ I'm so impatient I check it every hours!

maybe Mister Phes is just too occupied , I think we'll have to wait a little more ^^ I'm so impatient I check it every hours!

Wow man, you are desperate!

as I already said in another post, I had the BSB when I was young but my mother sold it when I left home... so I really want to have it back, even if I don't really think I can win, my mocs aren't great and I have a few pirates part, but who knows! and I don't have to check anymore, rules are here now ! ^^

jamtf, you see those bargains at the bottom of your screen? Ebay pays money for advertising. And after a long time waiting, they have raked in enough cash to purchase the worlds biggest ever prize pool!

Yeah, I see them every time I log on and thought that this was some sort of personal initiative undertaken by Mister Phes and the other mods in order to promote pirate Lego amongst the EB Comunity. I did not know that eBay had to pay for this service but I guess that this was negotiated with them under the obligation for the mods to keep the ads running and to highlight certain areas such as armies, soldier bases, pirate bases and small and large ships.

Edited by jamtf

This is going to be lots of fun :pir_laugh2:

I want to see violence, torture, killing of innocent people, ... let the beast in yourself go!

Kill, kill, kill, kill, ...

:pir-laugh:

I think you forgat that word we didn't want to advertise... :pir-grin:

Oh, and staff isn't eligible to win, and believe me, we wish we could. Lucky bastards! :pir-devil:

*Hand's over badge and gun*

How many minifigs do you have stacked on those trays! Looks like about 500.

Welcome at Eurobricks!

But I'm a bit confused and don't understand which trays you are talking about...

Hadn't posted here before. My question was referring to post number 12 in this thread. Tony has a bunch of gray baseplates loaded with imperial soldiers. Was curious how many were there, which also explains why they are $6-8 each on bricklink...

Hadn't posted here before. My question was referring to post number 12 in this thread. Tony has a bunch of gray baseplates loaded with imperial soldiers. Was curious how many were there, which also explains why they are $6-8 each on bricklink...

Hello briankaspr,

I would be willing to chat with you more about my army if you follow the link HERE. This thread is for discussing the prize for the PTV contest, so I don't think the other members want to read about my minifigs here.

Tony

Hello briankaspr, I would be willing to chat with you more about my army if you follow the link HERE. This thread is for discussing the prize for the PTV contest, so I don't think the other members want to read about my minifigs here. Tony

Welcome to the forum briankaspr- but I would suggest you clarify what you mean in future.

I am still building my entry for the Large and I am almost finished. Expect it by Monday or Tuesday

I am still building my entry for the Large and I am almost finished. Expect it by Monday or Tuesday

Well I look foward to seeing it, however this is not the post to be updating your entry's release date.

Could we have an index of some sort, just so that we know what we're up against?

Edited by Zepher

And index already exists! We just haven't released it yet. Why not?

This way they can see who goes through the trouble of looking them up for their own and who not. It is one of the many factors that decide if one is an active "critic" or not. At least that is what I think and find.