Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The biggest Prize Pool in AFOL fansite history?

I was about to post my large entry but I keep getting an error message saying I don't have permission to start a new thread in this forum. If I'm not mistaken it's not yet past the deadline. What seems to be the problem?

I was about to post my large entry but I keep getting an error message saying I don't have permission to start a new thread in this forum. If I'm not mistaken it's not yet past the deadline. What seems to be the problem?

You're past the deadline...

Ah crud. I thought the deadline was midnight ...I'll post my entry in the pirates forum. I guess there's no harm in asking if I can get a pardon and still post my entry. I was seriously delayed by miserable weather for photographing, editing also took up three hours.

hi what to do, when or where. loving the idea´ :pir_laugh2:

sincerly kasper from denmark

What?

Sorry Kasper, this contest happend last year (and what a heck of a contest it was!), and all the prizes have been given away. There will be more contests, though! :pir-grin:

Edited by Admiral M

If this is a large building contest. IM READY TO GO! LETS DO IT!

P.S. Don't play with my emotions, I've been waiting for a large building contest as long as Moses.

P.S.S. GO BLUE COATS!

P.S.S.S. If any of you do come to the USA, I would be more than happy to host you! Or give you a ride from Chicago Airport! :pir_laugh2:

-Super

Aye. I see what you mean. Having the box means you have the set, not just the bricks needed to make the model. Although I don't think it is that important to have the box.

I frame my boxes and display them on the wall of my LEGO room.

If this is a large building contest. IM READY TO GO! LETS DO IT!

P.S. Don't play with my emotions, I've been waiting for a large building contest as long as Moses.

P.S.S. GO BLUE COATS!

P.S.S.S. If any of you do come to the USA, I would be more than happy to host you! Or give you a ride from Chicago Airport! :pir_laugh2:

-Super

Martin! You're back!

Nice to see you again, man. Where have you been? I just need to tell you, we can't do the redcoat/bluecoat thing anymore. And also, this was last year's contest :pir-sceptic: . But if you want to post your MOC of pirates doing what pirates do, go right ahead! You just can't win a BSB for doing it.

what......aaarrrgghh :pir-cry_sad: . well looking foreward to the next one, what do you do in these contests, and can i se what the winners from this contest made and so forth :pir-cry_happy:

Each contest has a different objective - the PTV was to show what pirates do best - pillaging e.t.c.

The winners, rules e.t.c of all the contests can be found in the links at the bottom of this page :pir-wink:

Martin! You're back!

Nice to see you again, man. Where have you been? I just need to tell you, we can't do the redcoat/bluecoat thing anymore. And also, this was last year's contest :pir-sceptic: . But if you want to post your MOC of pirates doing what pirates do, go right ahead! You just can't win a BSB for doing it.

Dude, I know it was last years contest. Thats why it was SOOOO Halarious to me that this guy was so excited and didn't look at the dates. I mean, the last posts were in October or something. So I played into it.

What do you mean we can't do the redcoat/bluecoat thing anymore?! What happened? Did someone lose the war?!?!

I was in Europe for two weeks. I know everyone missed my candor. But what exactly happened to where the rivalry died?! I'm kinda scared to hear this because I really hate you red coats.

thanks. hope i dont miss the next one. do we get info mail and such.

great stuff. these guys are talented :pir-blush:

Dude, I know it was last years contest. Thats why it was SOOOO Halarious to me that this guy was so excited and didn't look at the dates. I mean, the last posts were in October or something. So I played into it.

What do you mean we can't do the redcoat/bluecoat thing anymore?! What happened? Did someone lose the war?!?!

I was in Europe for two weeks. I know everyone missed my candor. But what exactly happened to where the rivalry died?! I'm kinda scared to hear this because I really hate you red coats.

Your not allowed to post red vs blue comments on MOCs anymore! But you can post them in the Redcoat vs bluecoat topic :pir-classic:

thanks. hope i dont miss the next one. do we get info mail and such.

great stuff. these guys are talented :pir-blush:

It'll be all over the CP and EB frontpages, and perhaps on other blogs at the time - you're unlikely to miss it. 1st October, be there!

Well that is a bunch of crap. What if you make a red vs blue MOC?

Depends. If it's a full MOC, give it its own thread. If it's a baseplate with Armendariz, Zuloo and Blackmoor on it fighting some redcoats, put it in the red vs blue thread.

There's no problem with some off-topicness, but when it develops into sig campaigning and many posts of off-topicness in multiple threads, it really is out of hand.

Depends. If it's a full MOC, give it its own thread. If it's a baseplate with Armendariz, Zuloo and Blackmoor on it fighting some redcoats, put it in the red vs blue thread.

There's no problem with some off-topicness, but when it develops into sig campaigning and many posts of off-topicness in multiple threads, it really is out of hand.

For "pirates" we sure do have a lot of rules, don't we?! I would have to say our conversation now is considerably off-topic because it is part of thread from last years building contest. But in all honesty, I don't want anyone to stop thinking I'm the back sheep here. So I will continue to find the gray areas. :pir_laugh2:

-Super

Pirates had a surprising amount of rules and codes. But in those infamous words - "they're more guidelines" - it doesn't matter that we're off topic here, as the main discussion has ended. We're also continuing the conversation in a helpful manner - not debating whether a redcoat could kill a shark or not... :pir-grin:

not debating whether a redcoat could kill a shark or not...

Ok, that was one of my very favorite discussions of ALL TIME. I'm kinda sad now...

Ok, that was one of my very favorite discussions of ALL TIME. I'm kinda sad now...

It was fun to read, yes, but as Erdy said, it was waaaaay off topic. There's no problem if you like that kind of thing in your "own" thread, but doing it to a relative lurker isn't so fair.

Let the fun happen in the Red vs Blue thread - there's no limits in there.

Well that is a bunch of crap.

Well, we were all kind of thinking that it was getting out of hand, someone would post their french ship and someone would post some redcoats destroying a ship and then someone would post a redcoat getting beheaded...ect. You can do that all you want in threads that you post, but not in other's threads. I actually agree, the stuff that we did was hillarious, but it took away from the MOCs and the overall lego experience.

Edited by Admiral M

That's 3 months! :pir_bawling: I'll have to wait a long time...

So lets do some contests with your MOC group, ok? I did join yesterday.

When I post my MOC's there are no restrictions on posting, people can be as funny as they want about spinning tales about what is really happening in the MOC for them. My favorite part about looking at someone elses MOC is the story that is instantly created in my mind when I see something for the first time. I like when people share those stories and they feed off one another. IMO each MOC is an opportunity for an imagination game. Don't get me wrong I love it when people take the time to post about one of my MOC's. I wish more people would post about MOC's but it does get a little boring when all the posts are basically different ways of saying cool...good job. It means more to me as a builder to have what I have built entertain people be involking funny, lively discussions. It basically respresents playing together with the MOC. Remember when you built things with your friends and then you'd play with it which was really an ongoing arguement about what everything was, how strong your favorite guy was compared to their favorite guy and you'd negotiate back and forth until you ran out of ideas to move the story forward so you knocked it down and built something else which the idea usually came from the last play session. I know others feel differently and that is OK with me. We have exchanged our views and have differing perspectives. People come here for different reasons. Some want to be the most popular, some the most helpful, some the best builders, some the most inonimous, whatever...I am here for inspiration and to have the most fun! My 2 cents....again :blush: so I guess that's 4 cents.