Sign in to follow this  
Duke

Ninja by the Waterfall

indexed.gif

Hey, just a small MOC to present today, probably the last for quite a while as i'll be away for the next couple of months.

Brickshelf is being slow to moderate today but here is the overview. Since it's a small MOC one picture does it fair justice I think.

dsc00658.jpg

The main concept of the MOC was to try out using flags as a waterfall, i'm pleased with the outcome.

Let me know what you think! :thumbup:

Oh and the rest of the gallery is here.

I like this little scene, and the waterfall is original !! I like it!

I really like the tranquility and simplicity of this scene. Nice idea for the waterfall, although I'm not 100% sure on it myself. It's worth a try though, I'd never have thought of that, so well done on the originality of the idea! :thumbup:

That´s a fine and peaceful scenery, a neat landscaping and a very smart 'wetwork' indeed! :thumbup:

That's a really nice MOC, Duke! :thumbup:

I really :wub: this calm scenery with the waterfall, the little lake with the fishs, the trees and the Ninja with his backpack :oh: .

The main concept of the MOC was to try out using flags as a waterfall, i'm pleased with the outcome.

I totally agree with you!

The waterfall looks very well desgined. And the rocks and the trees do, too. (Very interesting and nice idea to build trees. :wink: )

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Very tranquil scene Duke :thumbup: I think that the flags are very innovative!

Is that a samurai or ninja? I missed that whole line in my dark ages

Really cool waterfall Duke, and nice little vignette to showcase it. My main complaint is that with all that water coming down from the fall, I would think the water would continue off the base of the vignette, not just stay in a puddle like that.

Very interesting building technique of your waterfall by using flags to do so. It's is done in a creative manner. The landscape formation of the waterfall and the green field certainly illustrates a peaceful moment for the Samurai whom is on the trip, praying for a safe journey. I assume so, since he is carrying a backpack along with his katana.

The only thing which could be improved, and agreed with Sir Dillion, by adding the water ripples at the base of the fall will create a much better effect. Overall, I enjoy viewing this moc. Perhaps, I will like to experiment this technique of yours too.

Ninja and Samurai mocs are always great. :thumbup:

I can see this just sitting on my desk while I study, Needing a break I look across at this tranquil scene and I am ready to work again. First MOC that has placed me in my own house admiring the creation.

Very well done. I like the flags as water, I think it works well.

Regards Cpt. PB

Nice waterfall! I've being meaning to try the flags for ages... so great to see someone show how it's done!

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan