Sign in to follow this  
Eilif

Brickington Island get's airborne

indexed.gif Layout

Here, as promised is the expansion of my town, as displayed at the Northern Illinois Train Club ( niltc.org) display at the Arlington Heights Library, September 13th and 14th, 2008. You can see pics of the town before expansion here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...;hl=brickington

One bit of explanation. I wasn't able to find my camera the weekend of the show, so I am relying on pics that other club members took. Special thanks to Pepa Quinn who took this first batch of pics. Note, also, that with the exception of the yellow and green house, and brown cabin, all the buildings are built of 16x16 or 8x16 Market street compatible modules.

Welcome aboard your arial tour of Brickington Island. I'm Eilif and I'll be your pilot and tour guide. We will be cruising at an altitude of......

Here we are at the North end, let me point out the recent additions to scenic Brickington.

img_8238.jpg

Here you can see the whole length of the town. Notable in the relative foreground is the new secure, gated marina and two new sailboats; a sleek recreational racer, and a larger cabin cruiser. Further down the waterfront is the recently restored historic Johansen boathouse.

img_8240.jpg

As we come around a bit, you get a better view of the downtown from the front. Following the sailing trend, even more residents of brickington have been taking to the water. In watercraft of every kind.

img_8241.jpg

A quicki fly-by of the more rural section of Brickington, not much has changed here. (Thanks to NILTC members for the addition of Sponge-Bob charachters, crocs, and sharks with frekin laser beams...)

img_8242.jpg

Ah, the highlight of our tour, here is the newest development in Brickington. A brand new breakwater with a well manicured park and lighthouse on it. The breakwater has allowed for a creation of a natural wetlands, visible just behind the bi-plane. Just visible behind the park is the fresh produce store.

img_8243.jpg

And here we have the Brickington SeaAirport. Serving Brickington Island with dependable air service to the mainland. The blue roofed building has a full machine shop, and the airport has a complete terminal/gate, 2nd floor lounge, picnic area, observation deck, and control tower.

img_8244.jpg

One last look at beautiful Brickington as we circle before our final approach. I hope you've enjoyed your tour and will be visiting us again soon.

Edited by Phred

I have to say, that .. I LOVE IT ! awesome town, 12/10 !

and I love the rowing squaresponge bob! I always loved funny details^^ ( is that it names ? in French it's "bob l'éponge" )

Edited by Guss

Like you said, I would be impressed with what you did with the hospital plate. And I was. Anyway, I was going to do a seaplane airport. Looks like ill be stealing borrowing another idea from you...

xpat,

Glad you enjoyed it

Guss,

Thanks for the encouragement. In answer to your question, in english, it's SpongeBob SquarePants.

If you like funny stuff, check out the Bricklink directory (when moderated) that the photos came from. Our club puts alot of humor into their modules. When compared to the rest of the club my module is by far the least funny.

Bob,

Glad I could deliver on my boast. I love seaside MOCs, be sure to post your airport when it's finished.

Bob,

Glad I could deliver on my boast. I love seaside MOCs, be sure to post your airport when it's finished.

It'll take awhile though....Im trying to keep my Islander Reservation and so...But im sure ill get it soon.

That looks simply awesome, Eilif! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

A very detailed and lovely deigned beach landscape with a lot of houses, boats and many, many other nice details - :oh: .

The most I like the two boats in the front of the first picture here. They are very well designed! :thumbup: I really, really hope that TLG will release some yachts (and some maritime passenger transportation sets - and more maritime sets at all) in the future, too.

And I really like the landing stage with the black gate - and the old dockyard in the back (it's a dockyard, isn't it?).

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks Klaus,

I'm glad you liked it. I agree with you that we have far to few non-emergency maritime sets. You're exactly right about the dockyard. (I assume you're talking about the brown and white building on the waterfront) When I built it, I was thinking of the old style ship-building barns that you see on the coasts. The black gate at the pier is based on the iron gates that you see all over Chicago marinas.