Sign in to follow this  
Claus von Nassau

HMS Phoenix

are you pictures already uploaded somewhere ? I think there is a tutorial that explain how to do.

Edited by Guss

that is a good id,

its a 4 deck gun ship/trade vessel, 1 deck for the cargo and 3 gun decks, the base is based on a bsb, whit the collors of a carribean clipper, its even hard for me to tell. i've started in 2006 and for now im still not ready.

i've just uploaded a few pics on brickshelf, but the folder is not jet public........ help please.

claus von nassau

it takes a little time to your folder to be public, don't worry, you can already give us the link to it, we will see it when it will be public.

1 deck for the cargo and 3 gun decks

wow that's going to be a Huge ship.

K we'll see your "beast" when public, and don't worry about your English, I'm French ^^

thank you,

how long wil it take before my folder is public?

its not a beast is, its not even ready, i'm now working on the 3e gun deck, witch contains the small 5 pounders 9 on each side, the 2e and middel gun dek has 20 pouders 4 one each side, and the 1e gun deck contains 50 pounds hull breakers, 5 on each side. total for now 36 gun frigat

Pictures moved to first post! :pir-grin:

that fun, i've seen your ships on bs and in the comics, i realy liked them, when does a next episode come?

Edited by SlyOwl

that's a nice ship ! 2 decks are already enough I think ! It will be a real floating canon if you add some more ^^ I can't wait to see the result, It will be a superb ship !

Welcome aboard Claus von Nassau! You've got quite a mighty ship there!

May I also recommend our How to perform a batch image resize Tutorial. Threads with an image in their first post usually get more attention so this is something you might want to take advantage of. Bare in mind we prefer the images to be in .JPG format and no larger than 800 x 600 pixels so as not to burden those with slower Internet connections and smaller monitor.

If you want to display many images in the one post then try using thumbnails, we have also have a Creating Clickable Thumbnails Tutorial to teach you how to do that.

Those tutorials should be of great help when it comes to posting images in the forum!

It's an interesting ship, to be sure. I do believe that you are the first one to touch on the fact that Naval ships weren't black with yellow (and later) white stripes, but rather they were a shade of dark blue. I think that the stern needs work, but otherwise it's very good.

For one: it doesn't look like it's finished. I might comment that it's to high, as Naval ships didn't have very high sterns. Of course, with Holland and it's flyuts, they do seem to like those high sterns. Also, given how high the the side of this ship is, I might suggest using some tumblehome. Tumblehome is the sides of the ship sloping and getting narrower as they go up. Here's a good example:

back1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=59005

Here's the HMS Victory in her 19th century Victorian paintjob, also a good example:

Victory_Portsmouth_um_1900.jpg

As she looks today, in her Trafalgar splendor:

HMSVictory.jpg

It's an interesting ship, to be sure. I do believe that you are the first one to touch on the fact that Naval ships weren't black with yellow (and later) white stripes, but rather they were a shade of dark blue.

Norrington, he's not the first one - we all have thought about it often, but no-one has enough dark blue bricks to finnish a ship in the proper colours. So sometimes you will see blue and yellow, but mostly, because most people seem to think it's closer, black and yellow.

Anyway, Good ship. I really look foward to seeing it built. Just one thing - I don't think in the rear lifeboats that the ladder should fold down into it. I think it should just stay permanantly down. But keep up the good work. I would like to use your ship in Oceans on End exept my dek isn't big enough. :pir_laugh2:

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

A mighty vessel this 2 decker of yours.

The colors remind me of a Spanish gold ship transporting the gold from the New World to Spain.

Did you foresee a possibility to open the ship so the inner deck are accessible?

Are those torso decals your own design?

Some suggestions:

- It think the part above the red line is too much. It makes the ship too high as mentioned by Norrington.

- I would also get rid of the part to the right of the green line or at least remove the slope. This slope looks unrealistic and I don't see the need for it.

zijkant.jpg

Hey guys,

thank for al your advice, there's comming a 3e cannon deck on it, in facet, so that it wont look to high, and on thad will come the cargohole,. i need to order such a plate.

to bonaparte, those torso's are not my design, i've got them form your torso library, ive just re colerd them.

greetings

claus

Edited by Claus von Nassau

thank for al your advice

No worries Claus von Nassau! Glad to help. That is what is great about Eurobricks. It's such a great community!

Hey, guys

i've just started to build my third gun dek :pir-skull: , with te third gun deck on it, the hight of te stern doesn't stand out, i've just orded some extra parts, cause i ran out on some items, i hope i can give you another look at the ship, somewhere next week,

claus von nassau