Sign in to follow this  
Imperial_Guard

The Island of Lost Pirate MOCs

2 years ago I re-located from my home in Long Island, New York to a new residence, started college and a new carreer. This of course left no room in my schedule for Lego (gasp). But after hearing recent news of a new Pirate line, along with perusing some fine inspirational MOCs on this forum, I thought I'd share what I have. More will be posted as I discover things of note in "cold storage" :pir-tongue:

Enjoy!

Merchant Home

thindexedgif.gif 155a

post-3908-1221182684.jpg

Interior, 2nd floor

Merchant's Office

Interior 1st Floor

Interior Kitchen

Governor's Home

thindexedgif.gif 155b

governors_house.jpg

Interior

Kitchen

The Governor and his wife

Storage

Interior storage

Governor's Hall (offices upstairs, market fair space underneath)

thindexedgif.gif 155c

governors_hall.jpg

Interior

Office

Reception Room

Edited by SlyOwl

Imperial Guard,

your Brickshelf folder is not yet public. It can take some time for it to get moderated, so I suggest that you deeplink some images (if you don't know how, check out the deeplinking tutorial in the Index) for us before then.

Imperial Guard,

your Brickshelf folder is not yet public. It can take some time for it to get moderated, so I suggest that you deeplink some images (if you don't know how, check out the deeplinking tutorial in the Index) for us before then.

I look foward to seeing your pictures. We can wait though if you don't know how to deeplink. They will probably be up some time tommorrow. Oh and it's LEGO not LEGOS!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Squished into first post! :pir-grin:

Imperial Guard,

Thanks for the info!

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice house , but I think if you have another colour for the door it would be better?

I like it but I wouldn't say it fully fits into the pirate theme.

you're 100% right! i drew inspiration from the Blacksmith Shop set developed by Daniel Siskind. My idea of a pirate island was more of a Royal Caribbean colony, that had (on the far side of the palm trees) a pirate base where the pirates could make overland raids into the town, or use a small river to attack it.

Nice house , but I think if you have another colour for the door it would be better?

come to think of it, it does sorta clash....

You've got a lot of good stuff in your basement Imperial Guard!

I'm not sure if you're aware but we have a How to perform a batch image resize Tutorial. Threads with an image in their first post usually get more attention so this is something you might want to take advantage of. Bare in mind we prefer the images to be in .JPG format and no larger than 800 x 600 pixels so as not to burden those with slower Internet connections and smaller monitor.

If you want to display many images in the one post then try using thumbnails, we have also have a Creating Clickable Thumbnails Tutorial to teach you how to do that.

So if you ever want tips on displaying your MOCs to their fullest potential in the forum, check out those tutorials!

Ah! Very good. I like the idea of the "Beyond the Palm Trees". I think the MOC's look good as colonial port buildings. As far as not "fitting in" to the pirate theme, this forum is Piartes - Aztec and the age of sail! so really, they do.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh: