brickbitz

Review: 7979 Castle Advent Calendar (First Look)

Rate the set  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I really can't wait to get my hands on that, those details are so neat :wub: So, i think it's decided now that i'm not going to be able to wait until christmas, but tear it open immediately as i get it :tongue: A shame that amazon won't ship it before september 22nd :cry_happy:

Just yesterday i received mine, and i can tell ou it has awesome parts! :thumbup:

I like that joker fig the most, makes me laugh, so i put it on the little space shelf i have :grin:

I know I'm being petty, but I don't like the fact that the jester fig's shirt has the Crownie logo. The colors are great and I can't wait to get him, but now he's stuck with the Crownies for his faction...

I may just use an extra Harley outfit for a jester.

Edited by Dadster

Which embleme should he wear else? There are only crownies in the human faction, and i don't think orcs have jesters :tongue:

Mine arrived but I didn't open it yet. I might wait for the advent period to start and open one every day during that time. But that's only in 2,5 months. Don't know if I can wait that long...

Everyone of you seemed so eager to build the advent calender. :cry_happy:

I can't wait to see it, landing in local shops next month. Can't wait for the Jester and the Maiden. I am sure they are awesome.

Mine arrived but I didn't open it yet. I might wait for the advent period to start and open one every day during that time. But that's only in 2,5 months. Don't know if I can wait that long...

2.5 months is still a long way to go, especially if you know the advent content, which I believed you do. :tongue:

Hmm...not that great, but I may get it for the minfigs and pieces.

I don't like the fact that the Troll doesn't come with a shield, and that most of the constructions are really simple when compared to the stuff in the City Advent Calendar.

Bluebeard, out-

Indexed and poll added.

Outstanding IMHO.

This Advent Calendar has it all.

Great figs and great parts, what more could we possibly want?

what more could we possibly want?

To have it available in North America. :hmpf_bad:

Ahhh, yes. I forgot that.

I've voted "Above Average". It's a great set, with a lot of good pieces for an even better price. That said, it could also be a lot better.

More shields, a horse, a giant troll, the skeleton necromancer etc. Maybe next year though, eh?

Which embleme should he wear else? There are only crownies in the human faction, and i don't think orcs have jesters :tongue:

None. I wish it was just the colored shirt like Harley's (minus the boobs...) is. Outstanding looking set overall though.

Well said.

None. I wish it was just the colored shirt like Harley's (minus the boobs...)

Er...don't you mean boob (singular). :laugh:

Anyway, I give this Advent Calendar an above average rating. It would have gotten an outstanding if it offered a better building experience. I get the feeling the designer/s weren't entirely sure what little sets to make to accompany Castle figures.

I voted Above Average. A great set, but it could be a bit better. I like the whole Advent Calendar, great figs, and some great parts. Although some models just look horrible, like that gate with the shield. What is the purpose of that? :hmpf_bad: Still, I like to get my hands on this soon. :classic:

Im going to order one for my nephews birthday... and just maybe one for myself! But, as said, it misses some true castle accessories: a horse is as important as the knight himself (the horse is the knights most precious possession), or as his armour, and what about a small baseplate ?? And perhaps e few more weapons,, shields,.... Oh well, we cant have it all, and the layout of the calendar itself also cost a pretty penny to make for TLC...

Above average is my vote as well (7/10)

Edited by zorro3999

I understand that many poeple would have wanted a horse, i also think it would be cool, but there is no way such things fit in a window of an advent calender. Think about that. :wink: Even if a horse would fit in, it would have needed one whole window for it's own, so i rather don't have a horse than miss some of all the other cool accessoires or even one of the figs.

Edited by metalandi

I LOVE it!!

I bought this set to! And believe me, it's great! :thumbup:

Like the review to :tongue: !

Undersigned MoWo

and what about a small baseplate ??

There probably isn't a baseplate because of the fold out scenery part of the calendar -

You move the fold down front flap of the box and there is a little bit of scenery... on a cardboard surface!

STILL HAVEN'T OPENED MINE! :grin: