Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

The Drunken Kraken

A mostly finished WIP for an upcoming larger MOC; so your suggestions are appreciated. :pir-classic:

drunkenkraken3copy.jpg

drunkenkraken2.jpg

drunkenkraken1.jpg

And a bonus for looking:

Woody the Pirate:

woody.jpg

Conquistador:

conquistadorcopy.jpg

Thanks. :jollyroger:

Really nice build on the boat Jordan! The greebling and windows look great as do all the angles. I cant help but feel it is missing a contrasting colour though, maybe on the sails if you use any?

Cant wait for the finished product.

Really interesting figures too, making use of the Obi head.

Neat! I was wondering where you got woody's arms from, I don't know if they're custom or not. :pir-blush:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He used MegaBlocks! Those are MegaBlocks arms! AAHHHHH!!!! You should be put awaay for a long, long time for this! But I do like the ship which is clearly made form Lego :grin: I was thinking we were going to have to make you walk the plank! A lot of sloped positions for the bricks. I do really look foward to seeing it done, but maybe add some sails, for that contrasting colour. :thumbup:

Regards, Captain Zuloo

Based on the pictures, Sir Nadroj already owns that new 8630 Agents set (including the villains head with gold teeth and eyepatch) and the 7676 Republic Gunship (with the flesh cartoonish Obi-Wan Kenobi head) or he bricklinked those parts together.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He used MegaBlocks! Those are MegaBlocks arms! AAHHHHH!!!!

Hmm...looks cool though.

I think the name suits him very well :pir-laugh:

Nice MOC and great use of the CW head for the Spaniard :thumbup:

Neat! I was wondering where you got woody's arms from, I don't know if they're custom or not. :pir-blush:

Brown flex-tube?

Nice MOC, I like these "chubby ships" and steep stern decks (and also tall masts), but I don't like the rope ladders that much, the ship looks too wide for the short rope ladders in this way.

Woody the pirate is great !!

I love this ship , really well done ! I can't wait to the this " larger moc"

This really catches the eye in a great way. Small ships are so hard to make work. But this is excellent, the playful spirit and construction really compliments the ship's displacement...

God Bless,

Nathan

Very cool! I like the stern detail (something I've never been to good at coming up with, just look at the Achilles...) Keep up the good work!

Swab

I don't know how to say how much I love this design. The angles of the stern, the off angled masts, the embelishment above the stern gallery, and the lanterns are all just exquisite! I think it would look nice even without that hindged molding, but that is a nice touch.

If she were mine (or I should say) when I replicate this I would use the longer ratlines and add greater sheer at the bow. Perhaps rails at on both sides of the bowsprit would add the desired sheer.

On the subject of duplicating this beauty, I will be sorry to see my seige tower go > :pir-cry_sad:

I guess I will just have to save up for another. :pir-hmpf_bad:

The little details and used techniques make it look really cool!

I do think the stern is a bit too high for it's length, i'd suggest adding 1 mid section and making the bow a little higher.

Good luck on it!

I've somehow managed to miss the Drunken Kraken until which is a wonder because this is definitely frontpage news worthy!

The little details and used techniques make it look really cool!

I do think the stern is a bit too high for it's length, i'd suggest adding 1 mid section and making the bow a little higher.

Good luck on it!

I agree that the bow should be a bit higher, but I think that the idea is kind of to make it look comical. So short and stubby is the intention I believe.

I've somehow managed to miss the Drunken Kraken until which is a wonder because this is definitely frontpage news worthy!

I don't know how you missed it, Mister Phes, because you missing something in the Pirate Forum?!!??!!??!!!? WOW! And yes it is front page news. This is a brilliant MOC.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh: