18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Air Chase

Woosh! The Brickster's seaplane flies over the beach quickly. Hippie Dude is in close pursuit on his hang glider. Fuel is running out for the Brickster's plane. Can Hippie Dude catch him before he either gets away or crash lands in the water... You decide, with Island Xtreme Stunts Air Chase.

Set #: 6735

Theme: Island Xtreme Stunts

Year Released: 2002

Piece Count: 83

Minifigs: 2

List Price: $10 (USD)

A nice addition to the Island Xtreme Stunts theme, Air Chase includes two air vehicles; a seaplane and hang glider. The set has nice Island colors inclusing white, light blue, and orange. Also includes in the set are some great chrome pieces for the Brickster's airplane wings.

Starting with the box. You can see Hippie Dude in close pursuit:

01box1.jpg

The back of the box depicts some nice alternate jet skis:

02box2.jpg

Same front box picture on the instructions:

03inst1.jpg

And on the backside, pictures of the video game:

04inst2.jpg

Air Chase includes two nicely detailed figs, Hippie Dude (for lack of his official name), and the Brickster:

05figs.jpg

Here's a picture of the orange hang-glider:

06glide1.jpg

And the underside:

07glide2.jpg

Unfortunately, the hang-glider is too heavy to be held up by a minigig. While I like the brick-built glider for the extra pieces, the plastic wing pieces from the Ninja theme would have worked effectively and be a lot lighter.

08glide2.jpg

I think the seaplane is the best part of the set:

09air1.jpg

Here's a shot of the front end. I like the skeletal shark/fish design. What's great is none of the pieces use stickers. They are all printed:

10front.jpg

Including the tail end:

11tail.jpg

Although the cockpit has no steering wheel or lever piece, it does have a very nice printed 1x2 tile:

12pit.jpg

The wings of the airplane have hinges to allow them to fold inward slightly:

13wings.jpg

Also notice the nice chrome/silver pieces.

Here's a shot of the underside of the seaplane:

14under.jpg

And lastly, the complete set:

15set.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Air Chase is another one of those "fun" Island sets. Two figs with two vehicles make a perfect combination for creating some dog-fights in the air. At the same time, the Brickster's plane can land in the water to explore other adventure play opportunities. This set is also a nice addition to the Island Xtreme Stunts Truck & Stunt Trikes (6739). The seaplane can be hauled by the large semi-truck included within 6739. Hope you enjoy this review.

Nice review. Is that one minifig breaking out of prison? (Just wondering about his clothing.)

The worst thing is the name. Anything with Xtreme in the title almost deserves the lowest score possible on principle. :hmpf_bad:

Hippie dude? Thats Snap Lockitt, Island Xtreme is one of the best themes ever, Im trying to get the sets off Bricklink, thanks fo the review I need this now.

Thanks for the review! I loved this theme, it had some of the greatest pieces ever arranged in any theme, brilliant printed parts and figures, and some good colours. Snap Lockitt (Hippie Dude :grin: ) is a great figure with a cool name, I own him from another set, but unfortunately not this one. It looks like a very good set, no stickers and good printed parts too. Nice review. :thumbup:

Hippie dude? Thats Snap Lockitt, Island Xtreme is one of the best themes ever, Im trying to get the sets off Bricklink, thanks fo the review I need this now.

Hahaha. That made me laugh for some reason... I don't know why though, I agree with it. :tongue:

:skull:

Thanks for the review! I loved this theme, it had some of the greatest pieces ever arranged in any theme, brilliant printed parts and figures, and some good colours. Snap Lockitt (Hippie Dude :grin: ) is a great figure with a cool name, I own him from another set, but unfortunately not this one. It looks like a very good set, no stickers and good printed parts too. Nice review. :thumbup:

Hahaha. That made me laugh for some reason... I don't know why though, I agree with it. :tongue:

:skull:

I have him as well, I got him from the orange jet-ski set.

This is a really nice small set I think. :thumbup:

It fascinates me that those are actual printed parts. :oh: That's something we don't see too often anymore. :angry:

The figures are very good, although I must say I like the name Hippie Dude better than Snap Lockitt. :tongue: Does anyone know why the Brickster has one blue hand?

Thanks for the great review! :classic:

Edited by Erdbeereis1

It is not very often that I rate a Legoset 'poor' (it's the first time actually), but in this case I had no other option.

The idea of this set is good, and I like the mostly yellow minifig, but the design of both the airplane (weird 'window'-piece, a propellor that is way too small, minimal skies underneath and a strange colourscheme) and the hangglider (two handlebars on the wings, too many colours) makes the set mark the essence of LEGO's downfall during those years. :sad:

I really appreciate the fact that you made a review of this set, Brickster, it made me look into the details of 6735, but I am just as sure today as I was back then: I will never buy this.

Anyway, thanks for the review, the quality of the set may be a disapointment your review certainly is not :thumbup:

I knew this set looked familiar... thank you, Brickster for bringing one of my first Lego sets ever back to my memory. Unfortunately, I don't have many of the pieces left... but thank you! :sweet: