KimT

Historical Themes Review Index

I am pretty sure I had 6030,6073,6018, and 6060 but I no not know if I have the manuals anymore. I will have to check it out next time I stop by my mom's house who still has all my classic sets.

I am pretty sure I had 6030,6073,6018, and 6060 but I no not know if I have the manuals anymore. I will have to check it out next time I stop by my mom's house who still has all my classic sets.

This website has scans of old instructions, if that's all you need:

http://www.brickfactory.info/set/index.html

Of course if you want the original instructions for a review (photos etc), then I wish you luck.

This website has scans of old instructions, if that's all you need:

http://www.brickfactory.info/set/index.html

Of course if you want the original instructions for a review (photos etc), then I wish you luck.

Problem is more like I have 80% of the castle sets from 84-91 but they are all together in 2 copy paper boxes and I cannot remember exactly which sets I had. If I have the instructions then I can build those sets then see what is left over to make the sets that I lost the instructions for like the yellow castle.

I tried to make some progress on getting the sets together but their are so many bricks. Just seperating out the some of the bricks by color took an hour.

Edited by eriochrome

Problem is more like I have 80% of the castle sets from 84-91 but they are all together in 2 copy paper boxes and I cannot remember exactly which sets I had. If I have the instructions then I can build those sets then see what is left over to make the sets that I lost the instructions for like the yellow castle.

Ah, I am envious of you. Attempts to find my old stash of lego from my childhood have ended in failure.

So what you should do, is pick out a unique piece, find what sets that piece came from with bricklink, and then put that set together. Rinse and repeat, and eventually you should have all your sets made.

Actually, you should go through all the bricks once and cherry-pick unique pieces to look up. Pull out pieces with prints, all minifigures, anything in a unique color, accessories. So let's say you pull out a piece that looks like this:

2490px4.gif?0

Then you can go on bricklink and find this page:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2490px4

And in the upper right hand corner you see it says "This part appears in: 3 sets (view them)". You click that link and it shows you all the sets that part was in. Okay well in this case it was in 3 sets from 2000, but you see the point. This piece was a good one to look up because it's pretty unique and due to its printing, probably only showed up in a small number of sets in the span of a year or two.

I hope that helps you a little. Another idea is to look through a list of castle sets from the year range you mentioned and see if you spot any sets that you are pretty sure are in there, based on your memory. But each set you rebuild means you've chopped down your mystery brick heap by that much. And of course if you are willing, you can sell those bad boys on ebay to fund newer lego purchases. :)

I was luck, my mom garage sold away my He Man, GI Joe, and many other toys but she always like lego's so they stayed in her basement for 20 years undisturbed until a year ago when my daughter and I came over to check out the supply. I had my mom check and she found directions for 20 Castle sets(at least one of which I did not remember owning while not finding several I was pretty sure we had) which I think will take me a year to sort out at a couple of hours every other month during visits to her place.

I would like to post a review of a set that needs a review. I'm new and am not sure what to do :wacko:. Could someone help?

I would like to post a review of a set that needs a review. I'm new and am not sure what to do :wacko:. Could someone help?

Hey there and welcome. I am a bit late on the reply but I hope you're still around. You should get access to the Reviewers' Academy as there are step by step tutorials on how to make a review. Contact one of the mods or admins for access. Good luck and I am looking forward to reading your review.

Just thought I would mention that there is a "mess up" in the list. The "King's Castle" under Knights Kingdom II is actually the review for "King Leo's Castle" (6098/6091) of the Knights Kingdom I series.

In addition to that, the Knights Kingdom II series is missing its castle which is the "Castle of Morcia" (8781).

Anyways, just thought I would mention it.

I recently noticed and posted in the Castle Review Index about a "mess up".

The "King's Castle" under Knights Kingdom II is actually the review for "King Leo's Castle" (6098/6091) of the Knights Kingdom I series.

In addition to that, the Knights Kingdom II series is missing its castle which is the "Castle of Morcia" (8781).

Anyways, just thought I would let you all know here and there to make sure someone sees it lol.

Added:

7188-1.jpg 7188 King's Carriage Ambush

6082.gif6082 Fire Breathing Fortress

7952-1.jpg 7952 Kingdoms 2010 Advent Calendar

7189-1.jpg 7189 Mill Village Raid

7187-1.jpg 7187 Escape from Dragon's Prison

2872.gif2872 Witch and Fireplace Review 2

6042.gif6042 Dungeon Hunters

30062-1.jpg 30062 Target Practice

7949-1.jpg 7949 Prison Carriage Rescue Review 2 Review 3

7953-1.jpg 7953 Jester Review 2

And with that, the Review Index is up to date! I hope ... :look:

Missed one!

6032.gif6032 Catapult Crusher

Just wondering why the battle pack for the red & white 'Kingdoms' faction isn't listed, even though the Dragons battle pack is?

Where do reviews for sets like Lord of the Rings go because I can't find the right index? Thanks for your help. :wink:

Why isn't there any LOTR/the Hobbit reviews?

There are a ton, they just haven't been updated in this thread.

There are a ton, they just haven't been updated in this thread.

Thanks, thats what I was asking, but found what I was looking for anyway.

I'm glad to see this thread back at the top. It really is a fantastic resource. I liked when it was pinned at the top, and it would be nice if the first post were updated, though I'm sure that's no small amount of work.

edit: I didn't realize that the first page had been edited to include 2013 castle, so I stand corrected. Thanks to those that maintain this thread. It's a good one.

Edited by SirBlake