Sign in to follow this  
Gen. Knowledge

If Tomorrow Never Comes

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 16c

Hello,

I just made and submitted my first ever MOC as an AFOL on another website. I wanted to post some pictures here to share with all of you. It's the first thing I have built in over ten years. I just started building my army in June of this year, so I haven't really spent a lot of time buying bricks to build MOCs. I hope to improve on this MOC before I have to cannibalize it for something else.

Please let me know how I can improve on this MOC. And yes, I know the tree trunk is square and there are gray pieces in the tree... I'm even surprised I had this many green pieces. :pir-grin:

Bart has been shipwrecked on this small island for over ten years.

2832090742_f994ef1b67.jpg

His loneliness and depression has finally drove him to end his life today.

2832090028_6fef574af7.jpg

Little does he know that a small boat has just washed ashore on the other side of the island. If only he waited until tomorrow, life would have been better.

2831255479_0460660be2.jpg

EDIT: Sept. 8, 2008

Here is a link to my Brickshelf Gallery where you can see more details of the island.

Tony

Edited by SlyOwl

Oh no, poor Bart. Oh well,10 years is a long time to wait.

Hey,

I really like it, but seriously, Lego is a childs toy regardless of all the AFOL's out there. So I do like the detail and design for that MOC, but I think it is inapropriate for a Lego person to be commiting suicide. But then, I'm a bit of a pathetic pirate, so whatever. All in all, a great MOC, and if anything you can improve, it would be buying some brown 2x2 cylinder bricks off of Lego Pick-a-brick or Bricklink for the tree trunk.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Congratulations on building your first MOC General Knowledge!

It's quite a good first effort too - I like the tree and I don't think the great pieces hurt it. In fact it probably needs a second colour to prevent the green from becoming overwelming or monotomous.

He looks like he's got a decent food supply with all the clams and fish - he should have built a tree house like Swiss Family Robinson...

Hey not bad for a first, love the ironie!

The waterfall and the fire are a nice touch, the foliage is nicely done as well! :thumbup:

I was expecting a ship for some reason... :pir-look:

Oh no, poor Bart. Oh well,10 years is a long time to wait.

Yes, how does the saying go? "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." Thanks for your comment Bob.

Hey,

I really like it, but seriously, Lego is a childs toy regardless of all the AFOL's out there. So I do like the detail and design for that MOC, but I think it is inapropriate for a Lego person to be commiting suicide. But then, I'm a bit of a pathetic pirate, so whatever. All in all, a great MOC, and if anything you can improve, it would be buying some brown 2x2 cylinder bricks off of Lego Pick-a-brick or Bricklink for the tree trunk.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Well I thought the topic was a little off for a kids toy, but I've seen MOCs with simulated blood and guts so in contrast this isn't as bad...right? There is a message to it though. The message is, "Tomorrow will be a better day". Luckily for Bart, the tree is weak and keeps falling apart every time I move the base. Thanks for commenting Captain Zuloo.

Congratulations on building your first MOC General Knowledge!

It's quite a good first effort too - I like the tree and I don't think the great pieces hurt it. In fact it probably needs a second colour to prevent the green from becoming overwelming or monotomous.

He looks like he's got a decent food supply with all the clams and fish - he should have built a tree house like Swiss Family Robinson...

Thanks for your comment Mister Phes. Fortunately Bart is in paradise, unfortunately he can"t get off. I thought about a tree house, but I only have gray, white, and black pieces left. I need to order some brown flat 1x?s, I think they will come in handy since my main focus is on the pirate theme. I should order or bid on some trees also. I thought I had one somewhere, but couldn't find it.

Hey not bad for a first, love the ironie!

The waterfall and the fire are a nice touch, the foliage is nicely done as well! :thumbup:

I was expecting a ship for some reason... :pir-look:

I wanted to do a ship, but the rules of the contest only allows use of a 32x32 baseplate and 1 minifig. Thanks for the compliments Captain Green Hair.

I love the tree! nice one.

Thanks Guss.

Tony

It's cool.. I always love when there's a story to a MOC. The man surely looks like he's been there for a long time. It's a very small island to love on for 10 years. Poor guy.

The tree is I but square-ish, but i also think it looks very jungle-like. It's nice. And i really like the waterfall. It's great!

Wow Gen, you're quite good!

I love that tree. :pir-wub:

Also the vegetation, the clams etc. are a great addition to the general MOC.

I have to say this reminds me alot of the movie "Castaway" with Tom Hanks.

Any chance you've seen it (and perhaps are inspired by) it?

That's what I thought of too!

On the MOC, I hate it when irony, such as that, happens, but thankfully you said the tree will break :pir-tongue:

If he was Indiana Jones, he'd be in whip heaven. I've ne'er seen so many whips!

Also, what sets are Clams in?

It's cool.. I always love when there's a story to a MOC. The man surely looks like he's been there for a long time. It's a very small island to love on for 10 years. Poor guy.

The tree is I but square-ish, but i also think it looks very jungle-like. It's nice. And i really like the waterfall. It's great!

Thanks oDDerFisken, I got the idea of a waterfall from other member's MOCs I saw on this forum. Of course a small island like this would not have a waterfall running that long after it rained.

Thanks Mr Tiber. Yes, I have seen the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks. It's the first think I thought of when I read about the contest. And yes it is loosely based on an event from the movie when Tom Hanks' character thinks about hanging himself. Although in the movie it was years later before he made his own raft and sailed off the island.

Good Moc. Well im depressed now. I like the detail of this moc. Great start, keep it up!

Don't be depressed, just because he is about to jump doesn't mean he did jump... Thanks for commenting HMS243.

That's what I thought of too!

On the MOC, I hate it when irony, such as that, happens, but thankfully you said the tree will break :pir-tongue:

If he was Indiana Jones, he'd be in whip heaven. I've ne'er seen so many whips!

Also, what sets are Clams in?

Hi Axle, I got the clams and whips from a Star Wars set with Jarjar Binks, Quigon Jin, and two droids (I'm sure I spelled the names wrong).

Very ironic, I like the irony.

Thanks Manta

Tony

Don't be depressed, just because he is about to jump doesn't mean he did jump... Thanks for commenting HMS243.

Tony

No problem for the comment. You have great skill in building mocs. You should keep it up! Im not a master moc creater (especially with land mocs, Im better with building ships) but you should definitely keep it up, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Sweet MOSC, especially the tree like the other guys also mentioned. Ten years on an island... that's a long time so I understand the poor man's decision :pir_laugh2:

Unfortunately the dinghy just washed ashore at the moment het commits suicide :pir-skull:

A funny and good MOC :pir_laugh2: