Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - The Conclusion

Thanks for the great game, Dragonator, it was great fun. Congratulations to the winners too, although with Stauder still alive, I suppose nobody is a winner... :sceptic::tongue:

I thought that you were a great host, I liked the interaction with the players, although it admittedly did go too far sometimes. The game had a good plot (in more ways than one... :grin: ), and the characters had a lot of, well, character. It's clear to see that you put a lot of effort into this game. Great job. :thumbup::sweet:

Thanks for your kind words TinyPiesRUs. :sweet: I'm glad you approved of it, being an experienced host and all.

Just a few things:

1) What was the significance of the Greek armour? It seemed to have something to do with General Marcus... Or was it just a way to show off your new Brickforge items? :tongue:

2) Why did Calvin fail to recognise Rotty as a traitor? If you have the time, would it be possible to give us a list of night actions each night, and explain what happened? :classic:

3) What clues were hidden in the defaced Roman statues?

All good questions, one and all.

1) You are right with the bit about General Marcus. Wherever the Greek armour turned up, he was somehow involved. Then later on in the game I'd thought I'd try and confuse you all some more by adding other types of armour. :laugh:

2) Actually, Calvin did recognise Ritz. He found out not only that Ritz was a traitor, but that he was a threat to his master. It's a mystery to me as to why he didn't share that, but instead tried to get Marcus. I think he panicked a bit, and that led to his downfall. Funnily enough, I was going to write a summary of what happened each day, followed by what happened each night. I only ever finished day 1, still, I'll see if I can try and finish it. I'll try and do the night actions at least, I've got them recorded somewhere...

3) An excellent question. The red spear symbolised a bad streak in the military, someone responsible for the king's death (backed up by the crown and skull on it's tip). The carrot was hinting at how the king had been poisoned, by something in the food, which would point to someone with access to herbs. The spilled goblet was a pointer to someone powerful involved (Rotrigous, and also Lord Ash, but he was already dead). There was also a hint that had recently bought some BrickForge items. :tongue:

Indeed, although I suppose it would be hard to get all of the players back together again. I just hope that at the very least we will learn what roles everyone had. :sweet:

I would tell you, but then if the game started up again I'd probably be at a disadvantage. I'm not sure I can remember still anyway... :look:

I was actually planning on hosting my Witch Hunt Mafia after MC, but I suppose you have to be quick these days... :sad:

Now that does sound interesting. If you've got it all planned out and ready, I think you should go ahead with it, especially since you already put dibs on the next game over a month ago if I recall. Well, it's not up to me, but I'd love you to go through with it. :grin: Why don't you talk to one of the admins about it, that's what I did when I was going to launch MC.

Edited by Dragonator

Well, that was one heck of a mafia game! :laugh: I had a great time while I lasted, it does require a lot of thought and thinking and using your brain and... well, you get the idea. Kudos for setting it all up too, having read through all the characters I don't think I'd ever be able to do something like this. Too much to do and put together and keep in mind and what-not. But you handled it well! Great builds to go along with it as well, something which really added to the game.

Also, great job all the participants, you were great! And Dragonator, I'm lookin' forward to part II!

~Peace

2) Actually, Calvin did recognise Ritz. He found out not only that Ritz was a traitor, but that he was a threat to his master. It's a mystery to me as to why he didn't share that, but instead tried to get Marcus. I think he panicked a bit, and that led to his downfall. Funnily enough, I was going to write a summary of what happened each day, followed by what happened each night. I only ever finished day 1, still, I'll see if I can try and finish it. I'll try and do the night actions at least, I've got them recorded somewhere...

This is the PM that I got:

You had a successful night. After everyone had returned to bed, you made your way to the chambers of Rotrigous the King’s advisor, who you know as imperialshadows. There you searched his rooms. He was not there at the time, you think he was most likely out about the castle. However, you had to be cautious. You searched through his things and found that he is indeed a traitor. But this was not the only thing you found. Reading through his diary, you see that he has great ambitions for power, and wants to be the ultimate ruler of the keep. This is something your master, Lord Ash, would not like, as he wants to rule the keep. This Rotrigous could be the man you are looking for. Before you are able to discover any more of his plans however, you hear footsteps outside. Quickly, you drop the book and climb out the window, falling into a rose bush at the bottom, and making severe scratches to your legs. You quickly returned to your rooms and tried to get the best night’s sleep you could.

Unfortunately, you ended up arriving late that morning, and only just managed to glimpse Lord Martin being led outside to his execution.

I didn't want to risk voting for someone that hadn't been 100% confirmed as a traitor, because I didn't want to blow my cover. However, I did not expect that my not voting for him would blow my cover as well. And of course, when I slipped up and wrote "Lord Ash" instead of "My Employer" I caused the downfall of almost all of the traitors. :blush: I had revealed Batbrick to try to convince people that I had good intentions, but like almost all of my attempts, it failed. So it is good that I was a neutral character, because I ended up killing almost all of the traitors. :grin: I guess Calvin's conscious got to him in the end... Or I'm just either very unlucky or very unskilled at Mafia Games.

What can I say.

*Clap Clap Clap*

Twas Great fun to be involved in such a great game, I will keep a weathered eye on the horizon for future marfia games. :wink:

I hope all were entertained by Byron and his shinadagins, and Mary, I think it is time we reveal to Ritz (Rotty) we were using him to survive :tongue:

The suicide was for an obvious reason, the game was ending, I felt as if this was a way that it could end with out a mass of votes.

Sprinkles LIVES!

I would like to say I was able to hide my traitor-ness, and that I was able to hide and protect Rotty's true identity, but I guess thats for you to decide (tell me), I was also honoured to win two of the Building Competions catigories, i Have kept it built, and will do for a long time. thanks to those who voted for me.

We traitors were so close so many times! I still cant believe you did not kill Kyle after my post of his death bringing you victory! Dang that Stinkly!

@Draggy, As you know I have supported you for the start before being a player, so both as the audience and player I say...

You did a great job, the NPC gave a story line and extra story to just plane killings, I fell your interactions early on where great, however perhaps the picture of Marcus was too far. You can hold your head high and know that you have done a great job and that we are extreamly thankful! Thank you for giving me life long memories and a plan for my 21 birthday party. A murder mystery in elisabethian costumes!

@IS, I wish you had killed kyle or some one with that dang power, we would/could have won!!!... thats all history now I spose.

Well, Goodbye Byron, you have been wonderful to know, Sprinkles might hang around for a while yet...

Player of the match from me goes to Iscreamclone Lord Gary, not once (from memory) did you get a vote against you!

Regards Cpt. PB

Well, Byron, while I've already kicked you a pigeon ( :tongue: ) saying that you hid YOUR identity well, I was suspecting Rotrigous since the day I got my first vote on me - mainly because he started the bandwagon! =P

Oh, and Dragonator, I have an idea for how you can preserve the Mafia's ability to kill without making it unfair. Give the mafia a "Leader", or "Godfather". This person sends you a message saying who kills whom, and then that person's action is substituted for the killing. If the Godfather dies, it goes to the next in line. It's more traditional, so not as fresh (and I like it either way ^.~), but in the end it makes for a more intense game - the killings don't stop until they're all gone! :devil:

~Trexxen

Oh, and Dragonator, I have an idea for how you can preserve the Mafia's ability to kill without making it unfair. Give the mafia a "Leader", or "Godfather". This person sends you a message saying who kills whom, and then that person's action is substituted for the killing. If the Godfather dies, it goes to the next in line. It's more traditional, so not as fresh (and I like it either way ^.~), but in the end it makes for a more intense game - the killings don't stop until they're all gone! :devil:

~Trexxen

That's a good idea, I might consider that for next time. :wink:

SNIP

Player of the match from me goes to Iscreamclone Lord Gary, not once (from memory) did you get a vote against you!

Regards Cpt. PB

Cheers Cpt! Im not sure how I got away with that, should have made me a traitor Draggy! :classic:

I must say that it was only in the last two days that I suspected you and rits, though by that stage i was so tired of looking through the other twelve days.

~Trexxen

That is a great idea, like the mythical Hydra, chop off one arm and another grows back!

I could def go for that kind of hierarchy lots of in fighting amongst factions too!

I'm finally home, I'm sorry I haven't offered a better coment yet Draggy. I have so much to thank you for.

Signing up for this game was basically, the first thing that I did on Eurobricks. it helped me get to know the community, and I hope some members of the game will not lose touch with me. i look for all of your creations now, because I know you! I think it also helped the community meet me.

I had lots of fun. I made up two nicknames that stuck for the entire game. I will never be able to call IS or Hinck by thier real names sadly...

I loved the game, though I agree, the traitors needed more killing methods. Other than that it was great! I also consider myslf one of the winners, because i was never really voted off or killed off.

Thanks for an awesome game, I shall miss playing it! Thanks for my fellow players for being so much fun!

-Zeph

I enjoyed the game.

The builds you had for each day were very entertaining and worked well with the story.

Other than getting named by the host way to early and getting offed by day four, I had a good time. Thanks. I look forward to your next one.

All good questions, one and all.

1) You are right with the bit about General Marcus. Wherever the Greek armour turned up, he was somehow involved. Then later on in the game I'd thought I'd try and confuse you all some more by adding other types of armour. :laugh:

3) An excellent question. The red spear symbolised a bad streak in the military, someone responsible for the king's death (backed up by the crown and skull on it's tip). The carrot was hinting at how the king had been poisoned, by something in the food, which would point to someone with access to herbs. The spilled goblet was a pointer to someone powerful involved (Rotrigous, and also Lord Ash, but he was already dead). There was also a hint that had recently bought some BrickForge items. :tongue:

Ah, thanks. :classic:

Now that does sound interesting. If you've got it all planned out and ready, I think you should go ahead with it, especially since you already put dibs on the next game over a month ago if I recall. Well, it's not up to me, but I'd love you to go through with it. :grin: Why don't you talk to one of the admins about it, that's what I did when I was going to launch MC.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have two mafia games running a once, and I don't want to ruin Bob the Construction Man's game. I suppose I can wait a couple of months. :wink:

I loved the game, though I agree, the traitors needed more killing methods. Other than that it was great! I also consider myslf one of the winners, because i was never really voted off or killed off.

As long as you keep that eager smile and slim figure, you'll always be a winner in my book. :wink:

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have two mafia games running a once, and I don't want to ruin Bob the Construction Man's game. I suppose I can wait a couple of months. :wink:

That's cool, I perfectly understand. Have me down for when you do start in though. :grin:

Say Dragonator, what was your method for choosing who would be the traitors, was it all story driven?

Like iwth Rits/IS was he in it for the throne?

Say Dragonator, what was your method for choosing who would be the traitors, was it all story driven?

Like iwth Rits/IS was he in it for the throne?

If you mean how I assigned characters to people, then this was done randomly. Well, mostly randomly. :tongue:

As for which characters were traitors, this was pretty much story driven. Lord Ash wanted the throne, and his wife was in it with him as they were both scheming people. Rotrigous was unhappy with doing all the work and getting no recognition, and mainly wanted to strike back at the king. He did this in league with Lord Ash, with the intentions of later betraying him and seizing power himself (which he almost did). Lieutenant Byron was a young soldier with dreams of glory, which he did not feel he would be able to achieve under the current ruler. He wanted a promotion, and so hence risked being a traitor to achieve this. Mary was a young maid who was vulnerable and easily manipulated. She was often abused by the guards, and became a traitor after Lord Ash promised her his protection. General Marcus was a once-proud and loyal subject of the king, who had ideas for the advancement of the kingdom. The king would not listen to him, and so he became a traitor. Lastly, Calvin was a hired mercenary on the side of the traitors only because they paid well.

Hope that answers your questions. :classic:

If you mean how I assigned characters to people, then this was done randomly. Well, mostly randomly. :tongue:

As for which characters were traitors, this was pretty much story driven. Lord Ash wanted the throne, and his wife was in it with him as they were both scheming people. Rotrigous was unhappy with doing all the work and getting no recognition, and mainly wanted to strike back at the king. He did this in league with Lord Ash, with the intentions of later betraying him and seizing power himself (which he almost did). Lieutenant Byron was a young soldier with dreams of glory, which he did not feel he would be able to achieve under the current ruler. He wanted a promotion, and so hence risked being a traitor to achieve this. Mary was a young maid who was vulnerable and easily manipulated. She was often abused by the guards, and became a traitor after Lord Ash promised her his protection. General Marcus was a once-proud and loyal subject of the king, who had ideas for the advancement of the kingdom. The king would not listen to him, and so he became a traitor. Lastly, Calvin was a hired mercenary on the side of the traitors only because they paid well.

Hope that answers your questions. :classic:

Great answer! I think motivation is important after all, even to know it belatedly. Cheers Dragonator, and thanks for a fun and well structured game! :thumbup:

Cmon MC2 (after Baritones and Witch Mafia and all the others :tongue: )

Sign in to follow this