cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Greetings mates!

I have a new picture of a new promotional ''Power Miners' set.

I hope this is really new for you.... :classic:

BTW the right one...

x4boq.jpg

Regards 'Bricks'

^It is! That looks really great! Where ever did you find this?

From a european ''LEGO-sell-site''.

I didn't remember the name...

'Bricks'

All I can say is that it looks much nicer on the box than it does as the set is built.

:sadnew:

That looks like a nice set! It may have a catapult, but I suppose that could be taken out. Is this the annual Christmas Target exclusive $50 set? Maybe...

Edited by darthperson

All I can say is that it looks much nicer on the box than it does as the set is built.

:sadnew:

Agreed I was ecstatic when I looked at the box but when I saw the model I thought it looked like a lime tractor... :cry_sad:

Greetings mates!

I have a new picture of a new promotional ''Power Miners' set.

I hope this is really new for you.... :classic:

BTW the right one...

x4boq.jpg

Regards 'Bricks'

Dang I do like the look of it on the box but the actual model....not so much. I still do like the large model to the left as I want those green girders.

Just picked these two sets up from LEGOLAND, California today. They're the only two of the new line they had. But I passed them up a few days ago in favor of some other sets then decided to go back today and pick them up. Can't wait to check out the new huge Rock Monster.

IMG_2548.jpg

You actually bought that Crystal King?

I was gonna stay as faaaaaar away from that set as humanly possible.

You actually bought that Crystal King?

I was gonna stay as faaaaaar away from that set as humanly possible.

Yeah, it is pretty awful. But I have made it long clear that if I buy one set from a theme, I buy the whole theme. I'm compulsive like that.

This has been in the Power Miners discussion thread for at least a month now. Please check before posting, its not even in the right forum.

I'm really not trying to be a snot-face-know-it-all, its just I want you to know for next time. :classic:

-darthperson

Yeah, it is pretty awful. But I have made it long clear that if I buy one set from a theme, I buy the whole theme. I'm compulsive like that.

If you've built it, do you mind reviewing it, photoing it or describing it? I for one don't think it's that bad.

If you've built it, do you mind reviewing it, photoing it or describing it? I for one don't think it's that bad.

Imo the set is worthless for anything other than a parts pack. The construction is absolutely horrible. No aesthetics whatsoever.

But, I can see that those trans-green parts could be useful.

I have not built it yet. But I will definitely review it, provided someone doesn't beat me to it. I'm waiting to review all the new sets I bought until finals end this week. I'm a little swamped to review them right now. But we'll see. At the very least I should start churning out reviews in the next week or so.

New pics from Brickset:

8962-1.jpg

8964-1.jpg

I agree that the Crystal King looks like a bad MOC, but it's a neat parts pack IMO. Can't wait for the review, mania3! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

New pics from Brickset:

8962-1.jpg

8964-1.jpg

I agree that the Crystal King looks like a bad MOC, but it's a neat parts pack IMO. Can't wait for the review, mania3! :thumbup:

8964 looks like a REAL good set to get if for nothing else but the parts alone. Fortunately, it's awesome enough to warrant buying anyway, so... yeah. I am still in seed of those drill and wheel parts so I can make a convincing Bara Magna vehicle.

I saw these two sets at TRU last nite:

Cave Crusher 35.99$

Crystal King 24.99$ (on sale for 22.99$)