cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Looks ugly, my hopes droped, I was hoping for a giant brown cave. Too much technic.

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. All they do is make me miss Rock Raiders all the more.

I'm stunned at how deeply hated these are in the majority of critiques so far.

Granted, even with pics this blurry you CAN tell a lot about their construction and a good deal of the parts used... but I can also see there's things that aren't really shown yet.

Mainly, what's being launched, how good or bad (jelly aliens!) the rock monsters are... how much glow in the dark there is, whether or not these are actually mostly lime, glow or some have said, a shade of gray.

It's way too early to be whizzing this bad on them.

On the plus side, I'm sure Lego's gotten a LOT of good feedback from this early pic release.

People are not liking the idea of lime paired with shades of red, though lime itself isn't bad.

If there's a "wave 2" of these, you can bet Lego would like to "correct" that choice. Then again, who knows if it's even possible to alter a wave 2 this late in the game, for the parts may already be in mass-production.

I'm stunned at how deeply hated these are in the majority of critiques so far.

I seem to be in the minority of people that doesn't out-right hate these. Granted, they're not perfect (just waiting for someone to tell me that's the understatement of the century), but there's something there I think. Like you said, lime green is a very nice colour, and it's always nice to see lesser used colours come to the fore a bit.

Someone's complained about the red bike. Why? It'll go in citys, and could be used as a bike for Robin. I'm sure someone, somewhere will find a use for the blue helmets, and there's a good chance that the new monsters could look half decent.

Besides, these were never meant to be Rock Raiders. At no point did TLG actually say this was like RR, that was just our assumption. RR was a good few years ago, and times change. You don't like them? Fine, don't buy them. But someone else might.

And I do rather like that small drill thing.

This is the part where Brainbox and I take over :tongue:

No seriously, atleast where not hate mailing the sets consistently, so without further ado *crack knuckles*

I seem to be in the minority of people that doesn't out-right hate these. Granted, they're not perfect (just waiting for someone to tell me that's the understatement of the century), but there's something there I think. Like you said, lime green is a very nice colour, and it's always nice to see lesser used colours come to the fore a bit.

I am too, I like them. People are being very judgmental on them just as they were with Agents and those turned out to be some of the best designed sets of the year. We don't know how they'll turn out. I admit so far they aren't looking stellar, but they seem to have some great parts included as well as lime green, which is a very nice colour to have frankly. Plus as Jinzo keeps saying, the awesome possibility of more glowing bricks.

Someone's complained about the red bike. Why? It'll go in citys, and could be used as a bike for Robin. I'm sure someone, somewhere will find a use for the blue helmets, and there's a good chance that the new monsters could look half decent.

There's a red bike!? *Looks again at large set* Oh my great aunt! I am SO buying that set just for that alone. That'll definitely be a bike for Robin, finally a bike for Robin! :wub:

Besides, these were never meant to be Rock Raiders. At no point did TLG actually say this was like RR, that was just our assumption. RR was a good few years ago, and times change. You don't like them? Fine, don't buy them. But someone else might.

Very good point, we'll probably get a steampunky theme one day, but for now this is what we're getting so we might as well look on the bright side. And I see quite a few bright sides there.

And I do rather like that small drill thing.

I love that, and the biggest set looks very nice to me.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

A steampunk theme would be great, but I don't see why everyone seems to build up their expectations that this is a steampunk theme when they have no reason. Being disappointed about that is kind of absurd. (I could point to any line and say I'm disappointed it wasn't steampunk.)

I wasn't building my expectations on RR or Steampunk, I was building it off of my imagination, and I don't like the color scheme or large amount of technic.

I seem to be in the minority of people that doesn't out-right hate these.

I do too - I :wub: these sets. (Don't tell me I'm wrong because it's MY opinion of the colours :hmpf: )

I do too - I :wub: these sets. (Don't tell me I'm wrong because it's MY opinion of the colours :hmpf: )

It's not that some people (me included) just outright hate them, on the contrary, I'd fork out some money for a small set. And remember, these are PRELIMINARY, so people's opinions on the final versions may be different than the are now. :classic:

Yes. This reaction is not dissimilar from the reaction Agents got- and that theme turned out to be pretty darn good!

...I won't lie though, I'm only vaguely interested in two of the sets.

Guys I got good news, I recived the new LEGO comic and it had a sneak peak at the rock monsters :oh3:. They look cool and the arms look moveable but the legs dont...

Guys I got good news, I recived the new LEGO comic and it had a sneak peak at the rock monsters :oh3:. They look cool and the arms look moveable but the legs dont...

Lego comic?

Got a pic for us?

Lego comic?

Lego Club Magazne would be the actual name. :tongue:

Regarding this, the picture that Pencion posted is kinda small, so I looked at my own Lego Club Magazine, which I received yesterday, but had just flicked through it (not much in them). I looked at the page that I had missed, the monsters look pretty cool. They're like brown and green versions of some of the Xalax Rama Racers from the tiny sets and Lego Racers 2, except they are standing on two legs as opposed to sitting. :wink: Very interesting... The actual sets are a bit weird with the technicy bits, I don't mind the colour scheme, but the pics aren't clear but they look sort of interesting, like the monsters within them. :thumbup:

:skull:

I was about to post this but you got to it just before me. You can see the rock monsters much better in the actual magazine unless my screen colour settings are just really dark. I think they will be a bit like the Yeti from the orient expedition sets just different colour and mould.

Here's the picture with "improved lighting":

img_48c83d875a3aa.jpg

I just hope that it's not as much of an unposeable single piece mold as it looks...

Here's the picture with "improved lighting":

img_48c83d875a3aa.jpg

I just hope that it's not as much of an unposeable single piece mold as it looks...

Wow what a great clear pic which tells us alot :sceptic:

Can we please stop bashing this theme! We havnt even got one good pic yet so until then can we please be positive

:sweet:Thankyou

That picture worries me.

Did LEGO learn ANYTHING from Mars Mission jellies?

Yes I think TLC did learn, these guys have more detail and look like they have movable hands.

so i went to a toy store near my house today and asked to see the retail catalog for 2009

power miners were in the catalog along with pirates and the rest of the new sets.

they wouldnt let me take any pictures..

but i can tell you that they look a lot better than we thought.

i personaly still dont like them..

but there are a lot of cool features.

the colors are lime and light green with touches of orange

and some silver parts.

the monsters open their mouths to eat the valuable gems

and are grey or green.

i dont think they have legs

but im pretty sure their arms are moving..

and get this..

the sets combine to built different vehicles.

like the first exo force sets did..

thats all i can remember but im sure some of you will really like them

(still its not my taste)