cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

I don't think I'm late, or at least according to brickset. 8709, the grand mining station is now available on Shop@Home. Here's a link and a pretty picture for your trouble. :tongue:

Link

8709-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Go buy it now, post a review, and make a funny remark about the box of carrots in the corner!

You can continue your discussion in here instead.

Thanks.

Topic is merged.

Got my 8964 yesterday - didnt even know it was out, nothing on shop@home

Great set and i got an extra Rock monster - Lego error in my favour!

An second large one, or a second small one?

So, let me get this straight: You mine the crystals at the bottom of the control tower, then carry them up to the tower, put them into the container, and pull it up to the large tower, just to have them automatically dumped into a chute where they come back out at the bottom? :wacko: That makes even less sense than the Dwarves Mine! :laugh:

Overall, this set is a quite a letdown to me. The Rock Raiders HQ at least had lasers and stuff. This is just pointless. :sadnew:

How is it fair to compare a Mining Station to the Rock Raiders HQ? I'm fairly sure this is not suppose to be the Power Miners HQ. Also, you say the mining chute is pointless, but kids enjoy doing things like that, so what if the crystal fall back down? It's exactly what the real world needs, a renewable energy source! Or you could just pretend those are new crystals? :tongue: I personally think TLC is doing a great job with Power Miners, and I hope they continue next year!

Edited by Glacarcheo

I'm surprised people dislike the colours so much. They are realistic afterall. :wink:

45051623.JPG

Huh thaat picture looks like one of the transformers from the new movie that made devastator, also i saw another small vehicle at a construction site that looked like a granite grinder.

Back on topic that UMS looks okay but i would like to se a review of it or see it in person before i get it (i probably will) hopefully the theam will last next year, im working on getting all the sets. (never had a full collection got close with Mars Mission)

That mining base is pretty insane, I love the look of it, I saw it in TRU yesterday, but....yeah, couldn't afford it. :sing::angry:

Got that Cyrstal King dude instead.....not the best set in the world.

The Cave Crusher looks really cool except I hear it's the worst PM set yet because it's overpriced and the wheels interlock when they turn

Edited by doctordark

2010 sets from Amazon.de

POWER MINERS

Lego 8188 - Power Miners Lavaflitzer

Lego 8189 - Magma Power Miners runners

Lego 8190 - Power Miners mini-monster grabs

Lego 8191 - Monster Power Miners jail

magma poer miners and monster power miners? New sub-themes? Would be pretty cool. But all in all i can't really imagine how these sets look just by the names. Guess we have to wait for pictures...

magma poer miners and monster power miners? New sub-themes?

I don't think so. It's obvious that these names are all jumbled up and should have the words "Power Miners" always first. They are unofficial and probably just names somebody made up, hopefully based on real sets.

It would be slightly surprising to me to see another wave of PM since I was under the impression that people didn't like the sets much, but certainly not unwelcome. :classic:

I don't think so. It's obvious that these names are all jumbled up and should have the words "Power Miners" always first. They are unofficial and probably just names somebody made up, hopefully based on real sets.

It would be slightly surprising to me to see another wave of PM since I was under the impression that people didn't like the sets much, but certainly not unwelcome. :classic:

Actually, the Power Miner's theme is pretty popular in some places, especially with kids. And I'm actually kind of excited to see the theme return, especially the lava set and the jail :sweet: .

2010 sets from Amazon.de

POWER MINERS

Lego 8188 - Power Miners Lavaflitzer

Lego 8189 - Magma Power Miners runners

Lego 8190 - Power Miners mini-monster grabs

Lego 8191 - Monster Power Miners jail

If they are real here's what i think each one is

Power Miners Lavafilzer: I don't really know what this is :tongue:

Magma Power Miners Runners: Probaly 2 speeder bike kind of like the one's from Freeze Ray Frenzy

Power Miners Mini Monster graps: I think it's a vehicle with arms that grab the small rick monsters

Monster Power Miners Jail: hopefully a good jail :classic: that can hold a large rock monster. maybe we'll get a new large colored rock monster.

Letss just mix them....

Lego 8188 - Power Miners- Lavaflitzer

Lego 8189 - Power Miners- Magma runners

Lego 8190 - Power Miners- Mini-monster grabs

Lego 8191 - Power Miners- Monster jail

Now it looks a lot better!

And I want to see how Jail will look, and I want big GLACIATOR finnaly!

"Flitze" translates to "travel at excessive speed," so I'm guessing someone added the r as if the word was English.

I'm thinking lava boat.

"Flitze" translates to "travel at excessive speed," so I'm guessing someone added the r as if the word was English.

No, Flitzer is a real word and means something like "scooter", a fast little vehicle. So, I'm thinking it's a small $5-10 set like the Stone Chopper, but more suited to drive on lava. :wink: You might be right about it being a little boat.

Lego 8188 - Power Miners- Lavaflitzer

Sounds promising. :thumbup:

Perhaps some kind of a little helicopter.

I just hope we will also see something like the 4980 Tunnel Transport in the Power Miners theme.

But that's just wishfull thinking. :sceptic:

WIN!

The Cave Crusher fits two minifigs, one of the only Power Miner vehicles that can!

(Pic soon.)

Crystal Crawler (made with 8961 + 8959) is the set of the line

Great look which reminds me of the Thundertank

Superb idea too this whole combining sets thing - gets people buying sets they normally wont or two copies of those sets to have both models

Im only two sets away from having them all, not including the command rig and crystal king. (i dont plan to get them just order the parts on bricklink) And im about to place a large bricklink order of lime freen orange and trans black windows for a huge power miner base, (i stoped work on my previous one untill i get more lime green. (sorry about my earlier post had some bad spelling in there, my "E" key gets stuck along with a few others :blush: )

Did the summer wave come with alt-models from combined sets, or have they stopped doing that already?