cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

This pic in the catalogue is literally 2cm wide and printed across a page crease, so don't expect any clearer pics from me! I am sure we'll get something better soon. It's actually easier to see here than it is in print!

8709.jpg

My my, that looks promising! :thumbup: Once again the exclusives are more impressive than the main releases. I like the big wheel thing.

I was going to limit myself to Space Police, but the Cave Crusher and this set are both appealing to me immensely...

Thanks very much for the picture, it's better to have this one instead of nothing at all! I think it looks amazing :cry_happy:

:sweet: Does anybody know how much the underground mining station is going to cost?

Probably 90. That thing looks incredible!

I think that this new base set looks great, but I would figure they would do this as one of the main release sets. :sceptic: Anyway, I think that the big green wheel is obnoxious, and is probably an excuse to get rid of leftovers from Exo-Force...

I think that this new base set looks great, but I would figure they would do this as one of the main release sets. :sceptic: Anyway, I think that the big green wheel is obnoxious, and is probably an excuse to get rid of leftovers from Exo-Force...

I agree, the base looks pretty good but there were definitely leftovers from that 07 Exo-Force beast of a machine that they wanted to clear out :grin:

Oh my Holy Goodness, that set looks very cool.

If I had any spare money(Saving for BrickCon) I would so get that to put all the other vehicles in... :classic:

the base looks great! I am very excited. 1 thing I dislike is the dynamite launchers because it's too repetitive (I believe this is the 4th time!?). Other than that I think is great :classic:

Looks like we will get:

- a base (divided in two sections but linked)

- dynamite launchers

- a small vehicle/dump truck

- at least 3 miners

- a big rock monster (maybe another small one?)

- some crystals

- and I wonder what's the big big wheel (from exo-force) do... probably part of a mechanism that deals with crystals? because I see crystals coming out from the middle of the right section

the base looks great! I am very excited. 1 thing I dislike is the dynamite launchers because it's too repetitive (I believe this is the 4th time!?). Other than that I think is great :classic:

Looks like we will get:

- a base (divided in two sections but linked)

- dynamite launchers

- a small vehicle/dump truck

- at least 3 miners

- a big rock monster (maybe another small one?)

- some crystals

- and I wonder what's the big big wheel (from exo-force) do... probably part of a mechanism that deals with crystals? because I see crystals coming out from the middle of the right section

i think it would be something like lifting a cable car, moving the wheel and the small miner cable will move

Hmm. :sadnew:

I'm not fond of this set. I would adore it with all my heart if I built it my self, but it looks a little too small and sloppily built to be an official set. However, it might redeem itself with larger pics, revealing the intracacy of it. And the exo-force wheel looks wierd. The cave crusher, on the other hand, looks drop-dead awesome!! :wub::wub:

Is it three sections, one for each pair of wheels, or is it two sections, one for the cabin and one for the back two pairs of wheels?

I am trying to convince myself that isn't a Cider Mill. :grin:

I mean c'mon, just look at the huge wheels to paddle in water with apples!

Anywho, looks okay, will need bigger pics to judge though.

And holy moly what a aurprise we get yet another neon green rock monster. :tongue:

Does anyone else here think Power Miners will be a one year theme? We usually get about 5 sets per theme per year, except for City which gets two main waves of sets, and there are like 15 sets. Just seems really odd to me.

It looks good but I don't know if I would rather buy this or more of the smaller vehicles. It is nice to finally get a base for the Power Miners.

Not sure if anyone has seen this before. I have to say I like it better than some of the other PM sets I've seen this year.

Yeah, we have, and I agree. The exclusives are by far the best looking Power Miners sets this summer, and possibly ever.

I am convinced this will be a one-year theme.

I also think this will be a one-year theme... so sad to see it jump up in quality at the end, only to be shut down! :cry_sad:

With all of the Disney/ Pixar licenses and the Ben 10 stuff :hmpf_bad: coming out, they will probably be canceling Power Miners.

The big wheel is definitely Exo-Force excess waste, but it sure does fit in with the Power-Miner look. I'm glad I didn't buy the under-pieced Titanium Command rig; the exclusives are by far looking better than the normal line!

And could we PLEASE get some more of the little rock monsters besides Glaciator (the blue one)? :tongue: I need an orange one!

It looks... alright. The features look good such as the buggy and zip line/cable car, but apart from that I feel it looks a bit jumbled. :sceptic: I would prefer to get the truck and save the rest of my money for more SW sets. :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

The Cave Crusher and Underground Mining Station have saved the summer Power Miners line for me. I doubt I'll get either of them, but it's good to know that the summer wave will be getting at least a couple of great sets. :thumbup:

The only thing I'm disapointed about is that neither of them have any exclusive figures. I was hoping that one of the exclusives would have one of the new giant rock monsters in a color other than trans red or trans yellow, but it looks like that won't be happening. :hmpf_bad: