cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Actually... the Cave Crusher looks pretty good in that video. I'm surprised at how good it looks.

actually i'd even say this is the third best set of the whole line so far, after the titanium command rig (yes i actually like it, just check out its features in the video!) and the crystal sweeper. I hope we get to see some pictures of the cockpit soon, which hopefully contains some nice interior.

Yeah, I especially like how smooth the entire vehicle looks. Very slick.

Hopefully to be released sometime soon. Do we know the price?

Not yet i think..i assume it's an august release? Damn there's coming up so many great new sets and we don't even have the sets here yet that are supposed to be june releases :cry_sad:

Not yet i think..i assume it's an august release? Damn there's coming up so many great new sets and we don't even have the sets here yet that are supposed to be june releases :cry_sad:

and I think it's a TRU exclusive, because one of the picture has "special edition" on the box

Edited by Nohohon

Let's see, this wouldn't be the first time it would be available elsewhere too in the end, and it will be for sure on S@H too. anyway i got a TRU store 'bout 45 minutes from here, so i wouldn't bother anyhow :tongue:

On the Crystal King Video the Power Miner has the wrong hair, and TLC taunts us with not-in-set sausages. :laugh:

We really are lacking epicness in the Power Miners department. While the SP3, Star Wars, and architecture are all full of updates, sightings and reviews, Bionicle and Power Miners are left with little to talk about. 'tis a sad time...

At least there are new PM sets for this round of releases. The pirates line has nothing new except the advent calendar, and that's a seasonal set for late '09. Pirates also came out at the same time as PM, and with significantly more fanfare, but I think PM has more sets at the moment. And two of the pirates sets are impulses.

I have to wonder if people are hesitant to drop so much money on a completely new line. But then again, it has to be doing better than expected, if TLG's releasing a new $100 set just one round of releases later. It might just be the people here, who skew old school.

Hey. I know that this doesn't help much, but I thought that it was worth posting. l1.jpg

Edited by CaptainRex110

Hey. I know that this doesn't help much, but I thought that it was worth posting. l1.jpg

Already posted, but I don't mind seeing it again. I think it's one of the best Power Miners sets around.

Already posted, but I don't mind seeing it again. I think it's one of the best Power Miners sets around.

True that. those buzzsaws would be welcome in my Bionicle collection. Same with those wheels. Ona set-related judgement, the whole thing just looks so well designed. The way it sort of slithers along looks really cool. It could be the one PM set I purchase this year.

BTW-what's it's price?

I wonder when they will finally put all the new instructions up on lego.com. I really can't wait to see the building processes and details of these new sets.

Hey, close up of the "pneumatic" drill from the back of the Cave Crusher. Found on a Japanese website from a Legoland display.

DSCN9040.jpg

He IS a rock.

Does that make this slavery?

I think the King is a slave from the EVIL giant Boulderax!!!! Look at him with his transgreen legs! Brains down there doesn't have a chance rummaging through the the rocks for crystals let alone defeating that thing!

Sulfurix still rules over Boulderax, though :grin:

Hey, close up of the "pneumatic" drill from the back of the Cave Crusher. Found on a Japanese website from a Legoland display.

DSCN9040.jpg

Thanks! Can't wait to get this set, i love all the controls and stuff :wub:

Breaking News! The instructions of the new sets are now up fully and running at lego.com, so be sure to head over there and check them out!

Apart from that, i got my new club magazine, and there was a pretty big, clear picture of the cave crusher in it. I tried my best to photograph it properly since i have no scanner, i think it worked out not too bad. Click the thumbnail to enlarge:

th_88894_S73F1697_122_56lo.JPG

Edited by metalandi

That Cave Crusher really is a beauty. It looks like it'll become the Ultra-Drill Walker of Power Miners.

Did anyone post a pic of the Underground Mining Station yet?

There's a teensy thumbnail in the Aus/ NZ catalogue, but it sits right across the page crease.

It does look interesting, it's the PM's base and is more of a building than a vehicle.

Did anyone post a pic of the Underground Mining Station yet?

There's a teensy thumbnail in the Aus/ NZ catalogue, but it sits right across the page crease.

It does look interesting, it's the PM's base and is more of a building than a vehicle.

That would be quite new! Share plz?

That would be quite new! Share plz?

Indeed, the idea of a PM base would be great! If you cant scan it, can you describe somethings? Any cool features?

Can I get a link to the building instructions? I can't find it on Lego.com.

Also I'm really looking forward to the base/station.

This pic in the catalogue is literally 2cm wide and printed across a page crease, so don't expect any clearer pics from me! I am sure we'll get something better soon. It's actually easier to see here than it is in print!

8709.jpg