cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Why is that I dont have a TRU near me? The exclusives always look so good. Anyway the underground mining station sounds promising.

They are also available at S@H.

Those would be the TRU exclusives. Space Police has a few of those too... we haven't seen them yet.

TRU exclusive heh? Does this mean they won't be out in the UK?

TRU exclusive heh? Does this mean they won't be out in the UK?

Why not... :thumbdown:

I think they will be in USA, UK, and large parts of Europe.

So every country, which have some T'r'U stores...

'Bricks'

Sorry for my stupididty, :tongue: I just realised TRU is Toys ' R ' Us, i was so stupid, i though it was some American shop, its because i haven't been there for ages. :thumbdown: I must go there soon, i remember TRU was great for rare sets. :thumbup:

Edited by The crazy one

The Mining Station sure sounds good :sweet: no matter if it's a big or small set! :thumbup:

Sorry for my stupidity, :tongue: I just realized TRU is Toys ' R ' Us, i was so stupid

Don't worry, you're not stupid.

Just crazy. :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The Mining Station sure sounds good :sweet: no matter if it's a big or small set! :thumbup:

Don't worry, you're not stupid.

Just crazy. :grin:

You sum me up well Oky Wan. :tongue:

Yeh, the Mining Station sounds great.

Edited by The crazy one

The station may be even bigger than I thought.

In some Power Miners animation the Mine Mech says; "Calling main base", and the video moves to the vehicle platform. And theres the vehicle platform in every video, and I think I saw in some videos, that

behind the platform, there are caves, and some Power Miners are coming out of there. And i believe... That is not a Rock Monster cave, but

the power miner's base! :cry_happy:

I wish that it would be a huuuge base and a platform for the vehicles. :)

LEGO rarely, if ever, makes the TRU exclusives huge sets. I'd say we're probably looking at $15-$50 sets.

Edited by Algernon

LEGO rarely, if ever, makes the TRU exclusives huge sets. I'd say we're probably looking at $15-$50 sets.

Are we sure it's a TRU exclusive? It sounds pretty big and i doubt you could make it worth while within that budget. Or it might be a one off. :tongue:

8708 Cave Crusher will be widely available in sweden and not a TRU exclusive (It's in the retailer catalogue). Release is in august alongside the other second wave Power Miner sets which has already been publicly displayed. Looking at the size of the thing I'd say it's likely to get a pricetag around $70 - $75 USD.

TRU exclusives can be large, just look at the Volcano Base from Agents and the SW Republic Cruiser. :wink:

Those 2 sound promising. :sweet:

Yeh but they do overprice it :sceptic:

8708 Cave Crusher will be widely available in sweden and not a TRU exclusive (It's in the retailer catalogue). Release is in august alongside the other second wave Power Miner sets which has already been publicly displayed. Looking at the size of the thing I'd say it's likely to get a pricetag around $70 - $75 USD.

You've seen it? Would you mind describing it a bit more? :classic:

Even though there are already two high priced PM sets, the cave crusher sounds promising. I bet it has lots and lots of blades in the front.

EDIT: double post

Edited by Natman8000

You've seen it? Would you mind describing it a bit more? :classic:

It's in lime... :tongue:.

Seriously: It's a six wheel vechile with two giant sawblades in front, has a catapultmechanism that launches a small sawblade (8 blade propeller) and it includes a large size Meltrox.

Edited by Mirandir

It's in lime... :tongue:.

Didn't see that coming! :laugh:

Seriously: It's a six wheel vechile with two giant sawblades in front, has a catapultmechanism that launches a small sawblade (8 blade propeller) and it includes a large size Meltrox.

Cool, that sounds neat, although we've now got quite a lot of PM sets with sawblades on the front. :sceptic: The six wheel part sounds good though! I hope the wheel axles can rotate side to side independent of the vehicle like the Star Wars clone tank of 2005. :thumbup:

Didn't see that coming! :laugh:

Cool, that sounds neat, although we've now got quite a lot of PM sets with sawblades on the front. :sceptic: The six wheel part sounds good though! I hope the wheel axles can rotate side to side independent of the vehicle like the Star Wars clone tank of 2005. :thumbup:

I know, I am a bit dissapointed that the sets are so similar. I wish there would be a set with power functions. On the subject of that, I think there should be a set called lazer rock cutter that has the light brick in it.

I know, I am a bit dissapointed that the sets are so similar. I wish there would be a set with power functions. On the subject of that, I think there should be a set called lazer rock cutter that has the light brick in it.

That would be cool, but again, in the Cyrstal Sweeper we had a laser drill, so again, more likeness. :sceptic: I think we need something completely different, totally unlike to previous sets.

But the set does sound cool all the same.

That would be cool, but again, in the Cyrstal Sweeper we had a laser drill, so again, more likeness. :sceptic: I think we need something completely different, totally unlike to previous sets.

But the set does sound cool all the same.

True, but anything for another light brick.

I am truly sorry if this is a re-post but has anybody else noticed that all of the white caution tape stickers glow in the dark?

I am truly sorry if this is a re-post but has anybody else noticed that all of the white caution tape stickers glow in the dark?

Actually I dont think anyone has mentioned that. I saw it and am very happy, also with the roughness of them.

Actually I dont think anyone has mentioned that. I saw it and am very happy, also with the roughness of them.

Yes I thought the textured stickers where a great touch and it's a sign that TLC is'nt going as cheap as possible with their products!