cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

does anyone know anyhting about the pricing of these sets yet?

Will/Rocketbilly

"Ten bucks more than it should be" is usually a safe bet.

"Ten bucks more than it should be" is usually a safe bet.

:tongue: Amen to that, brother!

Having said that, I don't think the pricing of the Power Miners line has been too bad...compared to some...*Cough* BIONICLE *Cough*

£3.99 for about 14 pieces? pfft...not great.

But Power Miners...the same gets you....more than double that, two great minifigs and some fairly uncommon parts, too :thumbup:

But I suppose, with the economy being what it is (though I don't pretend to know too much about it)...I suppose the prices are an unfortunate price we have to pay.

Sucks to be us :tongue:

Will/Rocketbilly

Wow, what can be said about the new Power Miners sets? I'm midly disappointed that there's nothing as super cool as the Thunder Driller, but on the whole they look pretty good. And anyways, when I first saw Power Miners I was mildly disappointed, and now I love them.

The big saw machine looks kind of standard compared to the other Power Miners sets. There just doesn't seem to be anything that really sets it apart. That being said, this could easily change once better pictures are seen.

The Crsytal King is... interesting, to say the least. It's not often LEGO tries to make a figure like that out of system bricks, and quite honestly, I thought it'd be a bigger set. I'm disappointed by the use of ball-and-socket joints as well as by its whole blockiness. Still, I'm liking all the transparent bricks on him, and the awkwardness could be due to bad posing (which I think LEGO does quite often). This is one I'll certainly consider getting once I see some good photos.

The big set looks really thrown together, but it also looks kind of cool. It seems sort of like a combination of a lot of the different Power Miner vehicles. On the box it looks like you can stand it up to make some sort of a tower (?). That'd be an interesting feature... Still, big sets like these are out of my price range. I'm not that interested in it.

Well, they look pretty good. I hope we get to see more of these sets soon!

They look alright but I think we should hold off the rock throwing til we see better pics, loike last time :wink:

The rock monster giant looks nice, but the price seems really unpredicable

I can draw the pics if anyone wants to know what the sets look like - after all, then it's not official box pictures!

Just so you know though...

Crystal King is about as big as the mining mech, but the whole set is really a monster made out of bricks. Doesn't look very good.

That said, this small set does include 2 miners and a massive two handed drill :sweet:

Rock Wrecker (I think). This is hard to describe. It is like a variation on the cutting digger and the driller.

In this set, both sides of the machine have 4 'a-la-Jungle-Cutter' circular saws with orange stickers. A large sulfurix also! :wub:

Titanium Command Rig is like a mixture of the thunder driller and crystal sweeper. It looks quite square and boxy, but each part looks removeable so it can be customised. This set includes at least two miners, Glaciator in a cage and a large Meltrox! :wub:

P.S: Sorry if I can't post this info.

Edited by The Rancor

Nevermind, I found the pics on flickr. Hoping there's going to be a lady miner somewhere in mix.

A lady Power Miner , now that would be something but from the pics I saw ( I stumbled across the leaked pics ) there aren't any new characters. :sceptic:

A lady Power Miner , now that would be something but from the pics I saw ( I stumbled across the leaked pics ) there aren't any new characters. :sceptic:

Yeah, as cool as that would be, I seriously doubt it.

The more I see my power miner sets the more I like them. The green really has grown on me. I look forward to see what TLG will make for the next batch. A female would be nice to have. I would like to see more earth movers instead of drillers. What about a base.

I have a feeling that there won't be any new minifigs unfortunately...

It just doesn't seem like the type of theme that would have new ones, and frankly, I'm not sure what they could make for a new wave next year. Anyway, we'll see! :classic:

It just doesn't seem like the type of theme that would have new ones, and frankly, I'm not sure what they could make for a new wave next year.

I guess next year the brave PMs go back to the surface just to recognize they took the wrong turn and´re now stranded in a distant future

where the rockies´re in charge and MFs lost their ability to build with bricks... :tongue:

planet_of_the_apes225pxpotaending.jpg

Beside this, some female diggers would be cool, but although TLC´s recently and thankfully increasing the female share of the MF population

I´ve the certain feeling that the PM line tends toward a younger 'boyish' clientele of which TLC still thinks unfortunately as a little girl shy... :grin:

BTW and without any further intro, if you´re interested into that whole PM theme I would almost like to edge you all into reading Chris Moriarty´s

brilliant science fiction novel Spin State... you´ll find for sure some new and fascinating nuances for that theme while doing so. :thumbup:

Edited by Asuka

My thoughts on the Crystal King.

It's basically a living Exo-Force set. :tongue:

It has a Power Miner with a hand held drill about 10 times the size of him. :cry_happy:

And the Crystal king is holding a power miner without a hat ( Mutts hair ). God, poor him. :cry_sad:

Edited by The crazy one

My thoughts on the Crystal King.

It's basically a living Exo-Force set. :tongue:

Skeletal, ugly, disproportionate and <insert that tiresome argument>? Yeah, I'd say so- the only thing it's missing is an excess amount of stickers! :thumbup:

Edited by Algernon

Skeletal, ugly, disproportionate and <insert that tiresome argument>? Yeah, I'd say so- the only thing it's missing is an excess amount of stickers! :thumbup:

Deffinatley the best bit about Power Miners, barely any annoying stickers that get pulled off whenever you pose it. :thumbup:

EDIT: Well, sort of!!!

Edited by The crazy one

Junorized ay, this wouldn't be a kids toy by any chance :tongue:

I don't think the monster guy is that bad, has some really nice peices, well, what ever the glowing stuff is..

It just doesn't seem like the type of theme that would have new ones, and frankly, I'm not sure what they could make for a new wave next year. Anyway, we'll see! :classic:

I agree with you, Erds. After seeing the summer wave - which seems to be more of the same, but BIGGER! - I don't know what they could do in 2010.

The giant skeletal rig which swings through 90 degrees to form a tower does remind me of the huge lime green Exo-Force vehicle, which was also bereft of ideas at that point.

I do like the huge new figs though.

I think that we'll get these summer sets, and enjoy them as most of us have. And then the line will probably be discontinued after this year, hopefully by a line as good or better than this one. :classic:

I don't know, but power miners if not discontinued will have sets like Rock Raiders HQ and more un-mobile sets :cry_happy: !!! Or not. :hmpf_bad:

Yeh, i would love a well built base. :cry_happy::cry_happy: Not like that Mars Mission one. :sick:

I liked Mars Mission but I admit that their "base" was just pathetic.

The Aero Tube Hangar was actually better.