cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

The TRU exclusive Boulder Blaster is now available from the TRU website, for $26.99

Link

So to get this straight, this is a TRU exclusive? No other store is going to have them?

So to get this straight, this is a TRU exclusive? No other store is going to have them?

Only TRU, LEGO shops and LEGO Shop at Home.

Second part sets from trade catalog 2009 (by me) :

8962 - Crystal King. Big detalize monster, he eaten green or lime crystals. In prelim. versiaon ooks strange. Include one (hope two) miners mini-figure with big drill in arms.

8963 - Rock Wrecker. In this set is a vehicle with two steams of circular saws along the edges, approximate wide - 6,5 pins. It have medium Sulfruix.

8964 - Titanium Command Rig. This is large [del]hadron collaider[/del] cross-country vehicle, reminds XXL in Power Miners. In it there are the different wheels, any steam engines, fires, cranes, drills and other. Monsters - small Glaciator and medium Meltrox.

What color is the crystal king? :wacko:

I think it was indicated green or lime, so it could be a massive Sulfurix.

I wonder when the Uk will get the Boulder Blaster? I want it now!!! ( :grin: )

My guess is that the blaster will cost the either the same or inbetween the prices of the Claw Digger and Thunder Driller, maybe £14.99.

I think it was indicated green or lime, so it could be a massive Sulfurix.

Well I knew that I just wanted to know if it was going to be a massive sulfix or an enormous boulderax! :sweet: I would prefer to have it be green because we are already going to have 4 sets with sulfrix and only one with boulderax! :cry_sad:

I also think he would be more fit to be the king!

~Computerbug

The new set's sounds great!

Is the fact, right? That the new monsters are bigger than before?

That would be great, even the little monsters are so fantastic, too.

All the new set's sounded great. A few will be mine!

Greetings Bricks

I'm fairly new here, so hi everyone, hope you're all well!

Well, my views on the Power Miners theme are fairly positive.

Sure, the colour scheme is hardly "discrete"...but really....if you're mining underground in the pitch black, having bright reflective colours surrounding you can only be a good thing :tongue:

I've picked up the two lower priced sets, the bike and the mech and I'm pleasantly surprised.

The Monsters are significantly smaller than I thought: I was expecting them to only be a fraction shorter than a minifig, but when my monster tumbled out of the box for the first time, seeing it in the plastic was quite a shock.

Regarding the Summer wave of sets...I can hardly wait. Mainly because of those new, awesome monsters :thumbup: . I've only seen the one, but I hear there is going to be two? hopefully it'll be two different monsters, and not just the same one in different colours.

Of course, I only have a small budget, and as much as I can hope to get those big monsters, I suppose they'll end up in the larger sets which sadly for me are for the most part out of the question...curse you, budget! :tongue:

And I'd LOVE to see a human/monster hybrid....perhaps a minifig with rock monster arms and maybe a special head or something? it seems pretty unlikely though. But who knows what TLC has got planned? :classic:

Will/Rocketbilly

So... has anyone else had their PM rock monsters invade their Dwarve's Mine? I did, and my dwarves were none too pleased... :tongue:

And I'd LOVE to see a human/monster hybrid....perhaps a minifig with rock monster arms and maybe a special head or something? it seems pretty unlikely though. But who knows what TLC has got planned? :classic:

Will/Rocketbilly

That sounds like a great idea. I doubt LEGO will have a way to incorporate that idea though.

I need to make sure to hold off my judgement on the new sets until they come out this time. :tongue:

Last time I thought they all looked hideous, but now I think they're great, so we'll see. :classic:

Thanks for the link Erdbeeries. A brick-built king? of rock monsters, interesting. The biggest one looks way too much like that robot Exo-Force set.

I just saw the picture of the king of rock monsters.... weird.... :wacko: Glow in the dark teeth, maybe?

Edited by Darth Legolas

I just saw the picture of the king of rock monsters.... weird.... :wacko: Glow in the dark teeth, maybe?

Not the adjective I'd use... the construction on that set is terrible. I just hope it's prelim...

They look slightly dodgy, but as its been mentioned, so did the others. I think the rock king looks pretty cool. In fact I quite like the idea of all of them. I'll definitely be getting them all though. [/Completionist]

The biggest set, to me, looks extremely clunky. The design isn't as refined as some of the other PM sets that have been released. I'm definitely chalking this up to the preliminary nature of these images. I am certain that they'll look different once they are released.

I agree with you Mania. When the first pictures came out, almost all of us (including me) thought they looked terrible. But look at us now! :laugh:

I'm personally looking forward to them. :classic:

Good God that giant rock monster looks terrible. I hope it is preliminary. The rest look good to me, and I have a feeling the medium sized monsters have springed arms, because in both of the pictures they are flinging something.

The big set looks ok, but I gotta say the rest are disappointing.

I Say the opposite on that. The big set looks ugly, and the rest look nice.

I actually love all the new sets! I completely revoke anything bad I ever said about Power Miners, as they have blown me away and I can't waitto see these. Love the rock King set, a very neatly executed idea. The big saw covered machine looks the best to me, absolutely spectacular! I love the bigger rock monster. The last set I'll admit looks a bit more copled together but since I was wrong about the previous sets (especially the yummy Crystal Reaver) I am not judgng it. Good points is that the orang colour of the big monster is pitchperfect for a Clayface so I'm buying if it comes here, and it does seem to have a lot of neat features like the storage box, rotating drill, crane/monster prison, engine and what looks to be a neat flip up featurethat makes it a cool vertical base.

So yeah, loving this!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

All of these I think look pretty good except for the big one! Is it just me or does that just look like an awesome vehicle stripped of all its armor and plating to me it looks too bare compared to the previous ones.The crystal king is rough around the edges but I think he will be better when he comes out! I was hopeing he would be an enormous boulerax though :cry_sad:, But then again if you remember the first ever pics of PM had a color scheme of red and green and thats way off! :sick:

~Computerbug

The two smaller ones are nice but the larger one is overduing those wheels, and it's much to Technic.

Bleh, I don't see how anybody can like the Crystal King... it looks like something my twelve year old brother might have made...

The middle-sized vehicle is a neat concept but the execution is ugly imo. I hope this will get refined before release.

The big vehicle is definitely bare, but it's still prelim and I think it's probably one of the coolest vehicular concepts the Power Miners have brought us thus far... it just looks so impressive.

All in all though, I'm not pumped for any of this... I hope they're improved. :sceptic:

Wow. The wait is finally over.

I prefer the medium sized monsters to the big, brick-built one.

I'm sad to see it's just the same monster in a different colour though, but they still look awesome, and I too believe that they'll have some sort of feature that allows them to throw things with their arms.

I read somewhere (maybe further back in this topic) that they have a sort of lever on the back :thumbup:.

As for the sets themselves, I don't really like the biggest one. As others have said, it just looks too much like the "Mobile Devastator" from Exo force.

The other two look like fair game though.

I'll probably end up Bricklinking the bigger monster, and just buying the Crystal king.

I actually may buy two CKs, since it looks like you get a quite a few of the "power crystals" and that head looks pretty useful :thumbup:

does anyone know anyhting about the pricing of these sets yet?

Will/Rocketbilly