cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

meh... another mars mission type one year short lived theme... meh... whats with those jewel collcting blobs??? meh........ :thumbdown:

MEH

Edited by prateek

Nice, thanks Hinckley! I may get the 5th and 6th, and maybe the first if I have some extra money, but I'll have to see how good these really are. :classic:

I guess they're OK sets but they are nowhere near Rock Raiders. I like them though because the Monsters come in different colours.

Same :thumbup:

These are better than expected, but I liked the prelim pics so I am satisfied :sweet: Probably get the two last pics and the first one :thumbup: then I get 3 different colours, better than the last rock monster and although they are a BIT junorized. I like them :cry_happy:

I don't like the orange... doesn't look good with the lime. The golems are very cool. I'm drooling over the recolored helmets.

~Bunda

CRYSTALS! *regains composure* so many different coloured crystals! :wub:

I like the fact that every monster is a different colour for each set!

I especially like the fact that the red monster seems to only come in the smallest set (there might be one in the excavation rig)

These sets certainly look quite cheap - I hope they ARE!

Bike Cutter: £3.99

Mining Mech: £5.99

Crystal Carrying Digger: £8.99 - £12.99

Mining Cutter Truck: £14.99 - £19.99

Thunder Drill ( :wub: ): £29.99

Evcavator Rig: £49.99 - £54.99

I like the fact that every monster is a different colour for each set!

It isn't, there are only 4 colors. But those prizes seem pretty decent to me, not very expensive.

Hm, they're alright. I love underground and mining stuff, so I like these, but I think LEGO could have done better.

Well, I'll probably get the first two shown in these new pictures. What are they called? The big machine with the huge drill at the front and the little set with treadmills.

That´s an interesting and nice theme in a fresh and neat color scheme with almost cute 'monsters'.

However, it just looks, somehow, like it´s designed toward a slightly younger audience if compared to recent City,

StarWars, Indy or Castle sets.... no problem, but not exactly my cup of tea either.... maybe I´ll get some of them for parts. :look:

The crystals are nice, but what the...

Art4121582.jpg

...heck is that supposed to be? :laugh:

That's the Batpod set. I see the people running that website seem to have mismatched the photos :tongue:

I like that new construction vehicle canopy and the little monsters - they seem like they'd make good jelly beans-Idea. Mascots for sports teams for City MoCs. I wonder if you can fit a minifig head in the mouth?

The crystals are nice, but what the...

Art4121582.jpg

...heck is that supposed to be? :laugh:

I think it is a bike of..umm..some sort :sceptic:

Still, I like it, and the red is awsome :wub: I really like this theme :thumbup:

They're growing on me, and I don't think they're anywhere near as bad as a lot of people think. The bike thing does leave a little to be desired, but the other sets all have their merits. The mech looks less odd in stance than in the previous pictures we've seen. The small vehicle looks quite nice, but I'm not sure about the bucket it's pulling behind. If it goes over a particularly big rock, it'll leave the contents of the skip behind, surely. The mid-sized vehicle, with the two claw arms looks pretty cool as well and the command vehicle looks alright. I was right, you know, that is a rock catapult. The Thunder Drill though is great, easily my favourite.

The minifigs look pretty neat as well, and I rather like the monsters as well, even if they do look more impish than threatening. I also like how they come in different colours, and how those colours match the colours of the crystals in the sets.

Okay, I can only think positively for so long. I am not interested in this theme at all now, and I'll only get the smallest set for the fig, monster and red crystal. Not saying these sets are bad, but they are only only really adequate in my opinion, and I want to save some money.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Okay, I can only think positively for so long. I am not interested in this theme at all now, and I'll only get the smallest set for the fig, monster and red crystal. Not saying these sets are bad, but they are only only really adequate in my opinion, and I want to save some money.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Is it because it's not in red and it is in orange, thats my reason for being a bit sceptic :sceptic:

I'm lovin' these sets more everytime I look at them! :wub:

But why are all the rock monsters' midgets? Couldn't they just at least one big leader guy or something?

:look:

4 kinds of golem, think I will buy them separately.

By the way, can the golem keep those crystal inside themselves?

If they continue with the theme and release any in summer we'll probally get a massive monster!

That would be so cool if they could put crystals inside :cry_happy:

sadly :cry_sad: thats probably not going to happen.

The monsters are still going to be cool.

I think I'm going to mod the oudside to be grey brown and black. but keep those awesome drills and stuff.

Edited by Tim Bit

I hoped the would be more built, not so many new pieces.

power_miners_380px.jpg

the driller could have done so much better with gears and droid arms...

btw, does anyone see a lime cheese part or a 1x1 tile? This would be the only reason for me to buy these sets.

Your not lieing pen coin? Thats great news!

yeah I hoped thered be more peices too.

Did you call me pen coin? Its Pencoin. I'll probaly just get the mech and maybe the small bike.

Did you call me pen coin? Its Pencoin. I'll probaly just get the mech and maybe the small bike.

What, you mean the mech and the Batpod? I don't see why everyone thinks it's a Power Miners set :P

I'll probably just get those same sets.

lego-world-2008-274.jpg

Mega size Rockmoster from Legoworld :wink: