37 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale from 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Is your knight army feeling short? Do your knights get consistently run over by the skeletons? If so, this is the set for you!

852271 Knights Battle Pack

852271-1.jpg

Set Info

Set Name: 852271 Knights Battle Pack

Theme: Castle

Released: 2008

Price: USD 12.99-GBP 6.49-EUR 9.95

Minifigs: 5

It's army building time!

Packaging

The figs come in a plastic box with a slide out tray. To open, you slide out a tab on the bottom, and pull the tray out.

reviews1_084.jpg

The Weapons

One plus of this set is the good weapon selection. You get a whopping 5 shields, a spear, a lance, acrossbow, a pointed lance thing and a lovely chrome sword :wub:

reviews1_085.jpg

Minifigures

Now the main focus of this set, the figs! One thing that's nice here is that you get a good selection of different knights. The figs are quite nice, with different faces and helmets for almost every one.

reviews1_086.jpg

Minifig Backsides!

I really like the archer's quiver.

reviews1_087.jpg

Two sided head

The Archer has a scared head on the other side.

reviews1_088.jpg

Brickshelf Folder

And now, the ratings!

Price: 6/10 (Certainly a bit overpriced. It should have been $10. The Star Wars battle packs have only 1 less fig plus some parts for $5 less)

Parts: 8/10 (No bricks, but a nice selection of weapons)

Minifigs 9/10 (The figs are great)

Overall: 23/30

LEGO S@H

Brickset

Bricklink

Even with a bigger army, the poor knights are no match for modern technology...

reviews1_089.jpg

Summary

Even though the pack is a bit overpriced, it is still great for increasing your army's size. I would get this set if you are a Castle fan looking to expand your army, otherwise don't worry if you pass on this set.

Thanks, and happy building! :classic:

Very good review! :thumbup:

I enjoyed reading this. I want to buy these battlepacks. Until now, my country has not re-stocked these battlepacks. I wonder will they ever arrived again. I want to build massive armies with this outstanding battlepack set. Hope it will arrived soon.

Nice review, which reminds me I must order some more of these battle packs at some point. Are you going to also review the skelton battlepack?

Also I hope this is a start of a running joke about castle sets being stomped by SW sets :laugh:

I love this battlepack! :cry_happy: I bought two last time I went to Legoland California, and it certainly gave the knights a good variety of new troops.

However, I have one complaint, and that is the guy with the lance. I am wondering why he has a lance while fighting on foot. If TLG really wanted to give him a lance, they should have given him a horse.

Great review of a neat way to bulk up your castle guards and their associated weapons and shields. I hope we continue to see sets like this in the future, they have to be a good money maker for TLG and they always please the fans. :thumbup:

they should have given him a horse

... with that lovely new barding. Nobody would complain about the price then, even if it was $15.

Great set, but with two HUGE cons.

- Availabilty: only on S@H? Well, surely not in Italian stores.

- Why are the figures already built? Are today's kids SO dumb? Let's go back to those old minifig packs!

... with that lovely new barding. Nobody would complain about the price then, even if it was $15.

I sure wouldn't... especially if it was the silver chainmail barding. :classic:

- Why are the figures already built? Are today's kids SO dumb? Let's go back to those old minifig packs!

Probably to reduce the size/complexity of the package, thus, saving TLC money. I don't see it being a big deal as customization is always an option.

Concerning the set: Not much to say other than it does what it's suppose to do: build up one's army of knights. The variance of faces and accessories are great. I especially love the chrome sword. The price isn't bad either since the package comes with five nice figs and some great equipment.

Edited by dj2005

I was going to get this, but when i rang up S&H, apparently they'd sold out already. Price is a little on the steep side as well, and i can only see it going up on sites such as amazon as the number of people wanting them goes up, which it will it it's anything based on the star wars battle packs.

After reading your review I might buy me one of these.

At first I thought it was quite useless, but I must admit that your review kinda changes my mind on this BP.

I've added it to the index

How were you able to get three small shields. I only got two in mine. I am going to check the trash just in case.

How were you able to get three small shields. I only got two in mine. I am going to check the trash just in case.

I think it only comes with two. The extra one probably slipped in from another set.

Sorry for any confusion! :blush:

And another great review from one of our Academy teachers, I always look forward reading them !

I think the Battlepacks for Castle are a great initiative from TLC. I like this one, but also the one with the Skellies, you get some different looking soldiers and a few weapons and shields, so that's cool. The low prices make it so that most people could build a large army/battle if they want to.

A big :thumbup: for your review and another :thumbup: for TLC for making these.

Edited by zorro3999

I think this battle pack is a little expensive, but the minifig ,their heads and weapons and stuff are very very nice! but because of the price, I'll rate it " average" ^^

I love this set. I bought one when I went to the Lego Store at Downtown Disney, and went home and bought another online. I love that it gives you a variety of weapons and figures. I like using the Bowl Helmet guy to man my catapults and crossbows.

Great review! I still don't plan on getting this set. :classic: I want to get more important stuff like the new Medieval Market... :wub:

Edited by lego12

It's an ok set, but it's extremely overpriced where I live. I simply couldn't justify paying $17.99 +tax for 5 minifigs. The fact that these figures are featured prominantly in other sets makes this set a difficult purchase. Given the price, I find it hard to look at this set with much enthusiasm.

I like your review on this battle pack. But I think that this battle pack was over priced. $12 for this? I am not paying that much for 5 knights.

Dear all,

I found this to be a very usefull army building set.

At 2 euro per minifig it is relatively cheap in my book, so i bought 4 battle packs recently.

Although, it could be difficult to integrate all of them in your army.

Personally, I reshuffled some of the weapons as to integrate them better.

But that is a personal preference ofcourse.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Yeah I have to admit, you expect it to be wayyy cheaper since:

A. No packaging to pay for(baggies and such)

B. No liscensing fees(like SW)

So why isn't this set a better deal than SW battlepack? Don't look at me, look at TLC(he he it rhymed) :tongue: