JimBee

The Hornet

indexed.gif

Hello everyone, this is my ship that I made quite some time ago (about a year), but I just got around to posting it. It uses parts from the A-Wing, ARC 170 Fighter, and V-Wing.

2674312017_004d5d445e_o.jpg

2674311791_1e2e7fa27b_o.jpg

2674311593_34a65b3650_o.jpg

2675130724_ef75f70e55_o.jpg

Your thoughts are welcome! :classic:

Wow looks great :classic: Haha I don't know what to say, the color scheme is great and its small size is good. My only criticism is to cover the black plates that attaches the wings to the body with some white 2x4s or whatever the dimmensions are to make it...flow better, other then that great!

So, is this the ship you got to Utapau with in the SW Comic Game? :sweet: Cool. :thumbup: It looks interesting and it is recognizable as what it is supposed to be: a mixture of A- and V-Wing and a little ARC 170. But as Matteo already mentioned, it seems as if there is something missing in between the white part of the wings and the cockpit. :sceptic: Also, the R4 head seems misplaced. Usually, when there is a R4 head sticking out somewhere, it is suggested that the rest of the droid is underneath it. On your ship however, it looks like it's really just a head mounted onto the wing, which is quite odd. :wacko: So, my suggestion is to fill cover the black plate between that wing and the cockpit with white bricks and put the R4 head on top of those. That would make it much more believable that there is a whole astromech sitting in there. :wink: Then, you could put some bricks on the plate on the other side too, but could leave a 2x2 space in the middle open and cover it up with a flag piece, like on the wing of a snowspeeder. In that space, you could store a small weapon or other gear! Or if you want, you could just cover it all up with bricks instead and put the Republic ensigna piece from the V-Wing on the spot where on the other wing you would have R4. In fact, I would incorporate the ensigna somehow either way; I just think it would enhance the model a lot! If you are not gonna do any of the things I suggested, I would at least put it on the white, wedged wing piece that doesnt have R4 on it. Or maybe put one of the stickers from the RGS on the front right wedged and sloped piece?

Afterwards, it would be great if you would make some pics for old posts in the Comic Game with it!

Looking forward to your next creation, tallheaded yugioh! :wink:

So, is this the ship you got to Utapau with in the SW Comic Game? :sweet: Cool. :thumbup: It looks interesting and it is recognizable as what it is supposed to be: a mixture of A- and V-Wing and a little ARC 170. But as Matteo already mentioned, it seems as if there is something missing in between the white part of the wings and the cockpit. :sceptic: Also, the R4 head seems misplaced. Usually, when there is a R4 head sticking out somewhere, it is suggested that the rest of the droid is underneath it. On your ship however, it looks like it's really just a head mounted onto the wing, which is quite odd. :wacko: So, my suggestion is to fill cover the black plate between that wing and the cockpit with white bricks and put the R4 head on top of those. That would make it much more believable that there is a whole astromech sitting in there. :wink: Then, you could put some bricks on the plate on the other side too, but could leave a 2x2 space in the middle open and cover it up with a flag piece, like on the wing of a snowspeeder. In that space, you could store a small weapon or other gear! Or if you want, you could just cover it all up with bricks instead and put the Republic ensigna piece from the V-Wing on the spot where on the other wing you would have R4. In fact, I would incorporate the ensigna somehow either way; I just think it would enhance the model a lot! If you are not gonna do any of the things I suggested, I would at least put it on the white, wedged wing piece that doesnt have R4 on it. Or maybe put one of the stickers from the RGS on the front right wedged and sloped piece?

Afterwards, it would be great if you would make some pics for old posts in the Comic Game with it!

Looking forward to your next creation, tallheaded yugioh! :wink:

Actually, in the star wars mythos, there are versions of astromech droids that are just the head( called "truncated" astromechs) This was the case in the Eta-2 Actis Class Light Interceptor, which could not fit a full astromech. By the way, cool MOC, Jimbutcher! :thumbup:

An interesting fighter in a pretty original shape. Maybe the wings look a little to weak to carry these heavy engines, though... :classic:

Thanks for all of your feedback guys! Unfortunately, I took it apart in hopes of rebuilding my ARC-170 and V-Wing, which I regret. I might attempt to build it, but I have to get the rest of my SW ships back together after my kid neighbor smashed 'em all...