Millacol88

Lack of Original Trilogy Sets this year.

I am sort of ticked at the lack of OT sets this year (save the rebel scout speeder and Imperial Dropship). The Original trilogy is my favourite part of the star wars line. Does anyone else feel this way? The Rebel Scout Speeder and Imperial Dropship were good but thats only 2 sets this year.

I am sort of ticked at the lack of OT sets this year (save the rebel scout speeder and Imperial Dropship). The Original trilogy is my favourite part of the star wars line. Does anyone else feel this way? The Rebel Scout Speeder and Imperial Dropship were good but thats only 2 sets this year.

Whist this is true, there is a limited numer of times they can re-release something before it gets old... That and there is not that much to produce which hasnt been done yet. But I would definatley like to see some more endor sets.

Stauder.

Whist this is true, there is a limited numer of times they can re-release something before it gets old... That and there is not that much to produce which hasnt been done yet. But I would definatley like to see some more endor sets.

Stauder.

Yes, more Endor, and perhaps more Hoth.

Also, I forgot to mention we got the DeathStar (or is that 09?) and MilleniumFalcon.

Stauder.

Your partially right, but I still think that TLC has left a large part of The OT unexplored. I dont think TLC has done enough with the battles of Hoth and Endor, and if there are any more original trilogy sets this year or the next, I expect they will focus on those two battles.

Edit;Thok beat me to the punch....

Edited by millacol88

Your partially right, but I still think that TLC has left a large part of The OT unexplored. I dont think TLC has done enough with the battles of Hoth and Endor, and if there are any more original trilogy sets this year or the next, I expect they will focus on those two battles.

Edit;Thok beat me to the punch....

What more can zou possiblz want from hoth? You have the hangar, you have AT-AT's you have AT-ST you have SnowSpeeders, you have the radar dish turrets. What more? Oh sure shield generators and a Ion cannon,but there's no playability in that, why would kids want that? There are a few more things they could do, but those are non-canon, like AT-AT barges (which, if it came with a AT-AT and a few troops would RULE) or maybe AT-PTs... Not much else..

Stauder.

2006 was THE year for original trilogy sets. In 2007, it was a mix of the whole saga. Now it's the Clone wars.

We'll surely got many more CW sets in 2009 but I don't hope to see these sets too long.

Maybe 2010 will be an OT year, I don't know. But with the TV serie that is about to begin, we'll not have a lack of CW sets.

What more can zou possiblz want from hoth? You have the hangar, you have AT-AT's you have AT-ST you have SnowSpeeders, you have the radar dish turrets. What more? Oh sure shield generators and a Ion cannon,but there's no playability in that, why would kids want that? There are a few more things they could do, but those are non-canon, like AT-AT barges (which, if it came with a AT-AT and a few troops would RULE) or maybe AT-PTs... Not much else..

Stauder.

Mainly What I think Lego should do with Hoth is make battle packs. One for Imperial (Snowtroopers) and One for the Rebels ( Hoth Troopers).

Edited by millacol88

Mainly What I think Lego should do with Hoth is make battle packs. One for Imperial (Snowtroopers) and One for the Rebels ( Hoth Troopers).

That I agree on.

Stauder.

I could see a few more sets for the OT, but I must agree that they're running out of good ideas. Sure there are tons of things that would appease students of the films, but the average fan or kid won't remember them or won't really care.

I do think that the bunker set is a must have, and we still haven't had an Ewok village or house that I can think of. Those would be neat.

That I agree on.

Stauder.

I think most SW fans would agree on that one. Snowtroopers and Hoth Rebel Troopers go for too-high prices on Ebay and Bricklink. I think its high-time Lego released some cheap Hoth Battle scenes. :thumbup:

There will be some hoth things in 2009...

I saw them on the 2009 list,

I will say no more.

Greets, The-Force.

not really a surprise that most of the sets this year are Clone Wars themed, is it ?! Given that it's the main product from the franchise and all that. I'm not expert on other SW toy manufacturers, but surely TLG is not the only company not focusing on the OT this year ?

In a way, I am pleased ... no way I could afford the Death Star set *and* a load of other OT sets!!!

Well, since the Clone Wars came out this year, it only makes sense that we get all Clone Wars sets. Same thing happened in 2002 ans 2005.

I am too, but with the Clone Wars release, it was pretty obvious that they were going to get the majority of the sets. I like the Clone Wars sets, but I am a big OT fan. I think that this year because this is the 10th Anniversary, we will get a lot of sets for the OT.

I am too, but with the Clone Wars release, it was pretty obvious that they were going to get the majority of the sets. I like the Clone Wars sets, but I am a big OT fan. I think that this year because this is the 10th Anniversary, we will get a lot of sets for the OT.

Yes it is a Clone Wars year, and I know they are going to sell well in their january 09 wave but i think we will get quite a few OT sets in summer 09! Then 10 we will probobly get a huge mix =]]] YAY! I like the mixs :laugh:

All valid comments. I guess this is just a Clone Wars year. :sceptic:

And so it seems 2009 will be as well. :sceptic:

And so it seems 2009 will be as well. :sceptic:

We do get Vader's TIE at least... In GRAY. Big bonus.

Stauder.

Stauder.

Granted.

But I still want that Advent Calendar :wub:

Stauder.

Not to mention the rumoured Hoth and Endor sets, plus the minifig scale Tantive IV =]]] You can't forget that.

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

Well, actually the Tantive 4 was a big rumor that was based on the release on the Rebel Trooper minifig.. Sadly it never apeared in some "serious" rumors or lists. I really have no clue what is wrong with TLC that they forgot the OT. I made a very similiar thread half a year ago or so, but there was not too much reply to it. I remember people saying there are the Indy sets to get for the OT SW collector, and there is the Death Star to be still released. Anyway, we got the chance to get Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers this year (the vehicles don't count, they are not OT) and we got a Death Star Playset. Not bad, but in the end it is not much. And next year looks like the same. The focus is completely on Clone Wars, a cartoon movie and series that doesn't seem to be even average. Fans of it must be happy though, the sets are simply amazing. And next year also more amazing sets for them.

I wish TLC could just improve a few more OT sets (e.g. Shuttle Tyridium, the first is way too small and old; Mos Isley cantina, Falcon) or be as smart and courageous as to release some things we didn't see so far (Rebel Medium Transport, Tauntauns, Endor sets). But if they do this, it is alright to close the curtains and leave a COMPLETE series to collect.

I'm glad this topic got such a good response. :classic: KimT, you are right, an advent calendar would be cool, and I surely hope they will have Endor and Hoth sets in '09 (cross your fingers for Tauntauns) but I wouldn't be surprised if you are all right and '09 is another CW year. :cry_sad:

Well, actually the Tantive 4 was a big rumor that was based on the release on the Rebel Trooper minifig.. Sadly it never apeared in some "serious" rumors or lists. I really have no clue what is wrong with TLC that they forgot the OT. I made a very similiar thread half a year ago or so, but there was not too much reply to it. I remember people saying there are the Indy sets to get for the OT SW collector, and there is the Death Star to be still released. Anyway, we got the chance to get Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers this year (the vehicles don't count, they are not OT) and we got a Death Star Playset. Not bad, but in the end it is not much. And next year looks like the same. The focus is completely on Clone Wars, a cartoon movie and series that doesn't seem to be even average. Fans of it must be happy though, the sets are simply amazing. And next year also more amazing sets for them.

I wish TLC could just improve a few more OT sets (e.g. Shuttle Tyridium, the first is way too small and old; Mos Isley cantina, Falcon) or be as smart and courageous as to release some things we didn't see so far (Rebel Medium Transport, Tauntauns, Endor sets). But if they do this, it is alright to close the curtains and leave a COMPLETE series to collect.

There are some good points in there, Zzz. I really feel sorry for all of the OT fans out there. I wouldn't mind having some small OT sets that I could get for the figs. Actually, I hate the new movie. Of course, it is mainly aimed for kids, but I was expecting more (even though I have yet to see it). So it's not that I like the movie, but the sets are great! I really hope they have some good OT sets this year, followed by Hoth and Endor battle packs.

Well I don't really have a preference when it comes to PT and OT (Althought I at times i do favore the PT, the CW are a bit overwhelming right now) There is another rumoured falcon to be released however I would love a new Imperial Shuttle and Mos Eisly Cantina, not to mention yes a rebel troop transport and MORE ENDOR (INCLUDING EWOKS) AND HOTH (TAUN TAUNS!!! I WOULD KILL FOR SOME GOOD TAUN TAUNS!)