maiq the liar

Eliminating spiders?

Put a Spiderman into your town! He knows how to talk them out! :wacko:

No sorry, I don't have spiders problem and related solution, sorry...

(Put in some civilian minifigs into your spiders-infected town and see if you would get some mutated into Spiderman minifigs... :alien::tongue: )

Edited by Alywin

You can buy small hand held vacuum cleaners for about $20.00 then you can just go vac them all up. And afterwards if you really wanted to you can let them go again out doors buy opening the vacuum bin part up and tipping it outside but no doubt they will come in again. It is much more fun to leave a bunch of spiders inside and watch them eat each other. :laugh:

Edited by Skipper 24

I just set off a nuclear bomb (read, bug bomb) in the centre of my little Lego town. Killed off the spiders, and even a marauding wasp. Although, I did have to evacuate the room for a looooong time.

Anyway, I'd also go for cleaning the room or covering your models with something. Since my layout is on the floor, I have a problem with slaters. Not a severe one, though. I always find some dead slaters lying around or one or two walking around. I'm wondering why. The room is in the cellar, but it has a wooden floor and it is absolutely dry. So it ain't surprising that the slaters all die sooner or later, but I'm wondering how they actually get into that room.

But woodlice go great with lego.

Ugh. I just had to move again, putting all my parts in the basement back into boxes, just waiting for some bastard to bite me.

Under normal circumstances though, MOVE YOURSELF TO A NEW ROOM, BUY NEW SETS, RETURN IN THE FOODLESS COLD OF WINTER.

Well, I hope you got the spider problem solved.

And Staudie, I really love it when people act like an "ITG" and quote Wikipedia. Any clown with a computer can contribute to that. But I guess if the Recluse isn't so bad, you might wanna pick one up in your hand and see what happens. NOW BE NICE!

I'm actually fairly certain I have a brown recluse in my room. I didn't get a good enough look at it to tell - I'm a SEVERE arachnophobe, even webs scare the crap out of me, and I found it in a small box lid) - but it was brown and about an inch long including legs, so it probably was. As long as it's away from me, I'm fine - I won't go near that area anymore, though *shudder*

If I ever found one in my lego, I would take each piece individually and coat it with so much pesticide that I'd have to wear gloves to ever use them again. I hate spiders so much...

~Trexxen

Women use far to much logic. :wink:

I personally would go with the technical gadget myself, and as a last resort I would use bug spray until a heavy smog lingers above my Lego town!

Logic scares my spiders away. I don't have a spider problem, but crickets, they are invading. Try to get rid of the webs and if you see any kill them, particularly with a large mallet, or a sledge hammer.

I'm actually fairly certain I have a brown recluse in my room. I didn't get a good enough look at it to tell - I'm a SEVERE arachnophobe, even webs scare the crap out of me, and I found it in a small box lid) - but it was brown and about an inch long including legs, so it probably was. As long as it's away from me, I'm fine - I won't go near that area anymore, though *shudder*

If I ever found one in my lego, I would take each piece individually and coat it with so much pesticide that I'd have to wear gloves to ever use them again. I hate spiders so much...

~Trexxen

I take it you dont like the lego versions either? Spiders dont bother me to much. I wont bother him and he wont bother me (I hope)