On a scale of 1 to 5  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Hello once again! This is VBBN 569, and today we will be reviewing the Police Helicopter. Now lego has released quite a few police helicopters over the years. So how does this one stack up? Read the review to find out!

Set name: Police Helicopter

Number: 7741

Pieces: 94

Theme: Lego City

Price: 9.99 USD, 13.45 EURO

1/Box

sscn1126.jpg

(pic is a bit messed up)

sscn1127.jpg

The box is what we expect from a city set. Crisp, clear, and it is nicely sized to fit the set. I always like the tabs, so this set was fun to open.

2/Contents

Instructions and stickers:

sscn1128.jpg

One thing that is simply awesome with this set is that it included german stickers as well. It would have been nice if the normal ones were green or red, but oh well. The instructions are nice as well. :thumbup:

Random manual image:

sscn1129.jpg

Nice work by Lego.

3/build

Minifig

sscn1130.jpg

The minifgure is your basic Police pilot, and has a pair of binoculars and handcuffs. The handcuffs are very nice. They are much more realistic than the black ones from batman.

Helicopter build:

sscn1131.jpg

The helicopter is a very nice build. It uses some clever build techniques, and is enjoyable to build.

Cockpit:

sscn1132.jpg

Sorry about the dark pic, it was washed out with the flash. As you can see, the cockpit doesn't have room for a prisoner like the previous versions. But, if you remove the blue seat piece, there is room.

More build:

sscn1133.jpg

Next comes the tail. Simple and effective.

Finished body:

sscn1134.jpg

A very sleek design. And it was fun to build.

Propellers:

sscn1136.jpg

These were fun to build as well. And don't worry, they are proportional to the body.

Finished product:

sscn1137.jpg

------------------------

Parts: 9.5/10 (I never owned a helicopter before, so this was nice for me.)

Playability: 8/10 (great for Module city)

Price-per-part 8/10 (spot on)

Figs: 7/10 (Would have liked one more, and also a gun.)

Overall: 32.5/40 81% B-

The new police helicopter is an above average set. Great parts, colors, and those hancuffs are perfect. A gun would have been nice though. It's also nice to have alternate stickers. I am going to buy another one of these to add them on. The police helicopter is a cheap way to enforce your towns. It may have a rating of 81%, but I Highly recommend it.

So remember, get one of these to enforce your towns! Now, go to work minifi- Oh dear.

sscn1138.jpg

S@H link

Bricklink 7741

Any questions, comments, etc, then post 'em! :classic:

Thanks for the review VBBN. I was thinking about buying this set, mainly for the handcuffs (bricklink doesnt have them within my criteria) and now it looks pretty good, especially the control panel. Is that a new piece? Thanks again :thumbup:

Thanks for the review VBBN. I was thinking about buying this set, mainly for the handcuffs (bricklink doesnt have them within my criteria) and now it looks pretty good, especially the control panel. Is that a new piece? Thanks again :thumbup:

Yes, I belive it is. And it comes with two!

Whoops, poll added. :tongue:

As you can see, the cockpit doesn't have room for a prisoner like the previous versions. But, if you remove the blue seat piece, there is room.

Thats not true, i had to remove the grey piece the rotors go on and put a 2x2 one there so i could fit a mini-fig, other wise it doesnt fit because the grey piece goes over and the minifig cant fit. :wink:

Instead of this

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30592

I used this

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2460 [in blue it looks good :sweet: ]

Nice review btw :thumbup:

This set only gets an "average" from me because of the big <insert that tiresome argument> landing-skid piece. I love how this year's helicopters have much nicer landing skids made from multiple pieces.