9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

indexed.gif

What do you mean the troll’s should outnumber the Crown Knight? How are you going to manage that? Well here’s the answer.

Theme: Castle

Set Name: Troll Warrior

Set Number: 5618

Number of Pieces: 19

Figures:1

Released: 2008

List Price: £2.50 (GBP) $3.50 (USD) 2.99 (EURO)

5618 Peeron.com

5618 Bricklink Catalog

5618 Shop At Home

Lets us begin with the box.

5618-01.jpg

The troll warrior and his might cart.

5618-02.jpg

Set sets for children to pester for at Christmas.

Now for what’s inside.

5618-03.jpg

The contents of the box, it doesn’t look like much.

Now for the troll himself, I’m glad they selected this troll torso rather than the other one for the impulse set I think this one is the superior one. Also he comes well armed with a spear and sword but no shield sadly.

5618-04.jpg

Someone really needs to look at the rodent problem in the Castle sets..

Now the cart, nice easy construction as with all impulse sets, I’m still not convinced by the flicking missiles.

5618-05.jpg

A line of those would do some damage.

5618-06.jpg

What an oncoming army can expect to see..

5618-07.jpg

All together now and it looks rather good.

So there we have it a cheap way of bolstering the troll army and outfitting them with some more weapons. Also for anyone planning a Pied Piper MOC another set with a rat in it.

The Rating System

Figures: 8/10 (|Preferred troll torso and helmet style. )

Parts 7/10 (Two spears and a sword but sadly lacking that all important shield.)

Fun Fun Fun 4/10 (Somewhat more to do on it’s own that other impulse at least the troll can fight the rat!)

Design 7/10 (Well designed even the flicker missile doesn’t look bad)

Price 8/10 (At £2.50 more than the other castle impulse.)

Grand Total 34/50 (Lack of a shield and to small to stand alone for my rating system..)

Conclusion.

Castle fans got a great army builder with The Knight and they’ve been lucky enough to receive another one with this set. I’m glad we’ve got a troll impulse as it allow for enlarging the armies of evil some the Crown Knight don’t totally outnumber all their opponents.

7246-next.jpg

Best Impulse set so far.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and yes, someone should look into that rodent issue.

I'll add this to the index within long

Good review. I got 2 of those. Wheels are very useful, especially if you don't have any :) As for shields - I don't imagine trolls use them too much. I think that they fight berserk style - all out assault. One complaint is the piece that the wheels are attached to - its a single piece, with smaller than the standard pin connection. So you cant change the width of the cart for your MOCs using the wheels. I don't know if a piece with such a connection only on one side exists though ....

Best Impulse set so far.

Agreed, I love this little sets, I can't wait for it to hit shops here. The rodent problem is funny but I lov always getting more animals, so that is a plus. The cart is a nicely formidable machine that I will keep together so I can maximise their fire power. The troll figure is one of my favourite ever too, I love that torso and helmet, and I want that sword in grey, I only have it in bronze.

Thanks for the review!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the interview, i nearly forgot this set is out yet. Maybe i'll grab one off my local store tomorrow.

Wow. I like this set. But have no money to get it. :tongue:

Guess I need to be fast and get it before it was sold out.

Nice review, makes me want 3 honestly. And comgratz on becoming a teacher in the Reviewer's Academy.

wait a second, a "troll"?? Isn't that an orc? :sceptic:

I thought that this is a troll:

Those are Giant Trolls. The regular sized green guys (such as is included with this set) are Trolls. Yes, they look like Orcs but LEGO calls them Trolls.

Nice review!

I never new trolls had fireworks, at least that's what it looks like to me. :tongue:

Maybe I shall build a trollish fireworks company!

Fireworks on!

I'm not really impressed by this set as much as other impulse sets. The Knight impulse set #5615 offers more in my opinion since it gives two helmets, two weapons, a shield and an armor piece along with the weapon rack. I'm not a fan in the slightest of flickfire missles and projectiles like on the cart, and the previously mentioned one piece axle limits the wheel usage in other MOCs.

I would've liked to see an added chest armor piece at the very least and a shield would've made this great. Those things are so rare and it would've bumped the piece count up to 21 to match the Knight set. Since both are showing the same price on S@H(in US dollars at least), it would've made sense.

Thank you for the nice review.

The set is not that bad, but a shield would be a nice addition.

I also don't like the flickfire missile. A camp site with a fire and a chickenleg would also be nice

about the rat; Isn't it just foodsupply for the troll? The only problem would than be that the food is running away. :tongue::grin::wink: