Sign in to follow this  
noidea

LEGO Pirates Movie

We have just finished our Lego Pirate Stop Motion Movie.

It's splitted into 2 parts.

Part 1 | Part 2

If you want to watch the movie in a better quality download it from rapidshare

It looks much better and you can see more details.

It's worth the time!

Part 1 | Part 2

legopiratenposter2va5.th.jpg

How do you think about this movie?

Criticism is welcome

Edited by noidea

this is really good!. i love all the special effects that you used. and the music works really well with the scenes. 1 question though, how long did it take to make this? cause for stop motion there's like 15 frames per second (if i remember correctly from the animation course i took). how many pictures did you have to take? i also like the changes in the faces. like when the fisherman pirate whistled! Also, the movements of the objects (especially the cannons) are very fluid, and realistic.

Edited by tin7

This is really excellent stuff. It has a nice story, humour (love the wench with the barrel), some great special effects (i.e the changing faces).

The only thing I would suggest doing differently were the voices.

Other than that very nice work :thumbup:

Greetings,

Errorist

thanks for the comment :classic:

mmmh..we shot over 8000 frames. This would fit with 15 fps.

I think it took us about an half year to finished this.

We want to make another Movie with even more frames and better backgrounds but it's sooo exhausting :hmpf_bad:

Edit: What do you think about the voices? Should there be real voices or just that crazy noises?

Edited by noidea

Edit: What do you think about the voices? Should there be real voices or just that crazy noises?

A combination of both would work perfectly IMO.

But it's only a suggestion as the movie works fine without real voices. :pir-wink:

It's freakin' awesome! By far the best LEGO piratemovie I've ever seen. I just LOVE the voices! they are so funny.. so don't make real voices, the wierd sounds is excellent! I only wish that there were more of them really :pir-wink: The soundeffects are super too. The paper when they finds the map, and the sounds during pirates attack of the harbour. Love those barrels moving when they're hit. Brilliant

I also like the part where spiderman is suddenly involved. And the LEGO racer's-part.. I just LOVE it. How do you make these things up? You're a genius!.. It was so funny..

So all in all: perfect. Hope your next project will be as good as this.. and that it will be out soon.. can't wait! :pir-laugh:

I think I will go play Lego Racer now. You recreated it so well, the pirate humour was really funny. I think you should definitely make more, when you catch your breath. :thumbup:

Edited by Skinny Boy

WOW! That was great! I really liked the entire movie.....I have to agree with the person who posted about the wench and the barrell...Very funny. I hope you make more movies...very well done

:jollyroger:

First, thank you all for the reviews :pir-classic:

I'm very amazed that you recognize the Lego Racers Level...^^ :pir-oh3:

I would like to make more films but my friend don't

Maybe I can convince him..^^

Well Noidea, you certain do have an idea how to make an entertaining film!

Do you have a poster image for the film? If you do we could promote your film on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com (when it returns) and our Newsletter.

Well Noidea, you certain do have an idea how to make an entertaining film!

Do you have a poster image for the film? If you do we could promote your film on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com (when it returns) and our Newsletter.

I added a Poster and the movie in a better quality (first post)

Edited by noidea

Wow great movie!

And the effects are wisely used! Congratulations!!

I even like the minifigs voice... it looks like Charlie's Brown teacher...do you remember her? :) bla bla bla...

What a very entertaining film!

The music, visual effects, and story were all very, very good. The jokes in there were very funny.

The animation, however, could use some improvement, as it's not entirely smooth. But with practice, I'm sure it'll get a lot better!

Have you heard of brickfilms.com and/or bricksinmotion.com? They're both very good sites for things just like this!

As soon as I can, I'll index this in the Pirate Lego Films INDEX

:pir-classic:

Well, I enjoyed this film, but there were some little flaws:

-I did notice alot of lightflicker throughout the film

-Some shots were either grainy, or out of focus

The LEGO Racers scene has to be my favorte part of the film.

I've seen better Pirate films, but in my opinion, not the worst either, maybe in the Top 3 best, right under "Pirates!" and "Men O' War"

Edited by Numbuh23

-I did notice alot of lightflicker throughout the film

-Some shots were either grainy, or out of focus

We will work on the lighting! Maybe we buy better Lights to eliminate the lightflickers.

The focus of the Camera isn't that good. It's really hard to keep the moving objekts/minifigs in focus.

We will see what we can do.

Wow thats great! I just watched Part 1 and had to comment on all the great hard work that went into this movie. Bravo and thanks for sharing :pir-classic:

Wow thats great! I just watched Part 1 and had to comment on all the great hard work that went into this movie. Bravo and thanks for sharing :pir-classic:

you have to watch part 2, too :wink:

We will work on the lighting! Maybe we buy better Lights to eliminate the lightflickers

It's not th lights that use that causes lightflicker, it's the white balance setting on the camera; if it's set to auto, there's bound to be some light flickers. If possible, set the white balance to a manual setting.

I usually don't like watching Lego stop motion movies, but this is an exception!

What makes this so great are the voices. It's sounds a bit like Mr. Bean :)

Music works really well with the scenes. Good Job and please make more with the same greeat voice acting :pir_yoda:

It's not th lights that use that causes lightflicker, it's the white balance setting on the camera; if it's set to auto, there's bound to be some light flickers. If possible, set the white balance to a manual setting.

oouh..thanks :pir-classic:

I'm going to try this out!

We decided to make a new Lego movie!

We learned a lot because of this movie an maybe we can make it even better! :pir-classic:

I think we will use this crazy voices, too.

I just watched this, and I really enjoyed it. My favorite part was the recreation of the LEGO Racers game scenes. I thought, "No way..." That put a nice smile on my face. Keep it up, and I'm sure your next will be even better!