Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

My Skull Island

thindexedgif.gif 145c

Ahoy me mateys! I'm finally finished with my largest MOC so far.

Most of it turned out pretty well I think and I'm satisfied with it even though that I had to do some compromises because of my lack of building bricks in the right colours. My favourite features is the skull which can open the mouth so that the cannon can fire, and then the waterfall you have to go under to get up.

But tell me what you think. Here is some of the pictures I've taken, there will be more in the folder

image001.jpg

image070.jpg

YARR A cannon coming out of the mouth of the skull.. Not what the imperial soldiers had expected!

image074.jpg

image013.jpg

image075.jpg

image077.jpg

image003.jpg

image008.jpg

image020.jpg

image023.jpg

image024.jpg

image025.jpg

image026.jpg

image033.jpg

image035.jpg

image047.jpg

image053.jpg

image057.jpg

image060.jpg

image061.jpg

image066.jpg

Well.. that was a lot of pictures, so I hope you enjoy them. If you'd like a closer look at something or a better pic, just ask, and I'll see what I can do.

Here's The Folder

That's no simple base- it's a full town! I especially like the way you used palm tree bottoms as supports.

That´s a lovely work with some great and original landscaping, very playable and creative indeed. :thumbup:

Size and style of your buildings work together very well too and the interior´s fine too, especially the

neat tavern and the cool arsenal.

That's no simple base- it's a full town! I especially like the way you used palm tree bottoms as supports.

What excactly do you mean by "palm tree bottoms as supports"? Support at the tower/lighthouse? Anyways I've just bought really meany palms (both some with leafs and all but also just the bottoms), so I thought I should use them. But even though I've used loads of them in this MOC I've still got a whole bunch waiting to get builded with.

Well I tried to build a town, but my lack of bricks unfortunatly set it's limits. So it's a small town :pir_laugh2: But I'm glad you like it.

That´s a lovely work with some great and original landscaping, very playable and creative indeed. :thumbup:

Size and style of your buildings work together very well too and the interior´s fine too, especially the

neat tavern and the cool arsenal.

Thanks very much :pir-cry_happy:

Actually it's not anly an arsenal. There's mostly weapons in there, but there's also some spades 'n stuff. So violence is not the only think they store away :pir-grin:

A very nice MOC packed with details, great job! My favourite has to be the waterfall, it isn't a technique i've seen before but it certainly seems successful.

That's a great idea, I don't really know about the waterfall, it's interesting, I'd rate the MOC pretty high overall, I love the original design though. It's a pretty nice small pirate town. Wait, are pirates civilized enough to have a town.

Waffles.

Are those cannons I see poking out of the eye sockets of the skull?

image074.jpg

Very sneaky! Is that another form of cannon sitting in the skull's mouth?

Are those cannons I see poking out of the eye sockets of the skull?

image074.jpg

Very sneaky! Is that another form of cannon sitting in the skull's mouth?

Indeed it is. I've made two small cannons for the eyes and a BIG one for the mouth. I can take some closeup pictures of the cannons if yod or others would like to see them in details?

And off course it's sneaky - it's pirate :pir-tongue: They're always sneaky.

Manta:

About the pirates civilized enough to have a town: well.. ehm.. these pirates are civilised enough to have a town without smashing it completely within 5 seconds, but i can't speak for every single pirate at the secen seas :pir_laugh2:

There are so many great details in it!

I like the idea of putting a beach and a town together in one MOC!

The skull/waterfall and the pub is very well designed.

Edited by noidea

Nice work oDDerFisken! :thumbup:

This is a very nice pirate island. :pir-wub:

I especially like the Shooting cannons from the skull. :cannon:

That's a great idea!

There is a lot of great detail on every part of this MOC.

I enjoyed looking at every pic while backing them up. :pir-classic:

I've added this MOC to the Land-based MOC Index.

Indeed it is. I've made two small cannons for the eyes and a BIG one for the mouth. I can take some closeup pictures of the cannons if yod or others would like to see them in details?

That would be much appreciated. :cannon: