Sign in to follow this  
Sir Dillon

Helms Deep

I know, I know, you're probably thinking "not another one."

The last one I saw was posted got replies like

"Helm's Deep concept is getting really old now. They should... move on"

And

"*sigh* Hate to be rude, but like others have said, isn't Helm's Deep getting to be a bit old?"

But I thought I'd post mine anyways.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=140475

I know there are a lot of things structurally wrong, but I ran out of pieces, (and on some, didn't know better) so some time I might go back and try to build a better one. Also, I couldn't get the bridge to look right, so I copied the bridge part from jonp's helms deep.

Please let me know what you think

Sir Dillon, let me start by saying great topics are NEVER old !!! They do transcend time and trends !!! So of course you were right to post it !!

Even if you were lacking pieces, its a great Moc nonetheless :oD I like the structure of the "castle" and the door is just great !! You are only lacking more than 200 Mfs for it :D

Really great scene !! Please finish it, it will look perfect !!!

Were you trying for book acuracy or movie? It looks quite a bit like the movie version but of course that is based off the book description.

Either way you have done a well with this. It looks thick and fortified. It is on a minifig scale more so then a to scale model would be but i am one who favors minifig scale to the huge unplayable things people build.

Nice work! I really like the mixing of the new and old gray to make it look varied. *satis*

Thanks guys!

Yoda, thanks. I would finish it, but I don't have enough pieces to. When you say "door", do you mean the main entrance, or the side door. I'm guessing you meant the latter, but I'm not sure.

SuvieD, I was basing it off the movie for the most part, but on some places, I couldn't remember what it looked liked in the movie, so based it off what I remembered from the book.

Thanks again!

That door is great, yeah! And the whole structure looks sturdy and classy. Could you tell us how many castle sets you bought in order to get all those pieces?

Thanks!

No, sorry :$ I've bougt lots of sets over time to get all those pieces, but can't remember them all. A few of them though are 6080 King's Castle, 10039 Black Falcons Fortress, 8781 Castle of Morcia.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for a rather late post, but I only just found this topic.

"Helm's Deep concept is getting really old now. They should... move on"

I dis-agree, many people build similar mocs all the time, so why should this be any different?

I think that this shot really does justice to you model. I really like how you captured the round ness of the fortress and I think you got the height and scale just right.. if only I had built mine a little taller.

I have had problems with the tower and back wall (where the arches are) but am almost done here, I'd like to see how you tackle this problem too.

Glad my model helped you out, for I am the formiddable! Jon_p ;)

Running out of pieces is a problem I had (annoying isn't it?!) but I can't wait to see how you do the deeping wall.. your model should look great when done!

Nice work Dillon :)

Jon.