the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

Lets not post pictures just yet as we may not be permitted to display them. I'm currently seeking clarification on the matter and will keep you all informed as soon as I receive a response.

They were too big, anyway. Thanks, Mister Phes.

According to the folder name, these may be released in May 2009.

I think it is january-may (for all sets in the folder, so which will be released when isn't sure, just in that time period), so we may get them even sooner :thumbup:

Anyone else disappointed that there are no sets that show more then 3 soldiers? If the picture on page 21 is the Soldier's Fort, why are there only 2 soldiers and 1 officer. It just makes it harder for army builders to...build armies. Well, I hope Lego will release a soldier pack.

Tony

It will certainly be nice to have pirates and soldiers again, and these sets do look nice. However, it does seem a bit unoriginal, just a bit like a remake rather than reinvention. Making up for that is the ship in particular, which looks awesome, and also the nice mix of parts and minifigs/accessories.

Interesting to see plumes in there. I thought we were told they were gone for good. I wonder if these are preliminary pictures. The quality seems too high to be too preliminary, but the extensive reuse of faces makes me think prelim...

New molds I see:

-Spyglass/Torch

-Flame

-Dynamite

-Fish?

Parts in new colors:

-Two-toned parrot

-Red Octopus (duh...)

-Dark green head wrap

-Gold hook

-Gold epaulettes

Really not that much, when you think of a new line...

Steve

I wouldn't say preliminary, because lego has reused many faces in the past and still today. Also, most preliminary pics don't include that many new pieces, like dynamite :).

F*ck yeah! :pir-oh: Shooting cannons, tricornes, new telescopes, cloth gaurds flags, and shakos with the regimental printing on the front.

I'm not going to lie to you, that's a healthy piece of real estate the sjip is hideous. I love the fort, though.

Edited by Norrington

Wow hese loo great! :pir-cry_happy: Not as good as the classic pirates but still Im quite impressed :thumbup: Lots of new pieces there and some really nice army builder sets!!!

Really not that much, when you think of a new line...

I see new torsos, legs and faces as well! There's even a new design on the shako. Beneath the fish is what appears to be a campfire . I also see a white rat in the solder Fort - is that a new critter? The large flag on the soldier fort appears to be made from material and the stone walls appear to have a new brick pattern. That seems plenty of new stuff to me!

I think they've got the balance between old and new just right because if there were too many new elements people would begin crying "that's not the pirates we all love!" There's got to be a certain amount of familiarity to prevent that.

Wow. These are amazing despite what you all say. I never had teh chance to get Pirate sets, so these are just great!

Things I like: -Yellow/Dk. red on the big ship -GREAT figures -The dark blue boats for the soldiers -The sheer brillance of the smallest sets :pir-wub: -The new pieces, telescope, flame, dynamite, dual injected parrot

Things I don't: Big Ugly Agents sharks, not much else.

Guesstamated Prices

6239-Little cart and pirate barricade, probably the same as Crossbow Defense- $6

6240- Raft and octopus- $10

6241- Island and small boat- $20

6242- Soldiers base thing - anywhere from $40-$60

6243- Big 'ol ship- $70-$80

darthperson, who is already saving his money...

if there are something that look just odd to me... is the color palette..

sure.. now exist like trisillionsss colors. but then in the originals days i think maybe 7 or 9 colors, which make all the set, more rich in the construcctions.. i remember the original mix of that basic colors.. now.. the color fix the form.. ANYWAY.. y will buy everithing twice.. :)

The LEGO Pirate line's coming? =o It's like the Second Coming...or something...

Woah,now that,would be very splendid if we got the Pirates line back into business...Go TLG !

Sad to say that a link to those pics has been posted and removed. If anyone hasn't seen the pics they need to hurry and get to them!

I must say, those are some amazing sets. I'm not sure why some people don't like them - they have the same style as all the old pirate sets, especially the fort. I love the new pieces and although the ship comes with a large bow, the deck and cabin is amazingly detailed. Hopefully we'll get a soldiers pack and and an imperial ship to complete the line.

I'm not fussed on the Kraken set. When you say Kraken, I think of a monster Squid, towering out of the sea and tentacles in all directions. That thing is more of a seafood special you'd find in Majorca. In my opinion, the name should be "Calamari Fishing" instead. :pir-tongue:

Sad to say that a link to those pics has been posted and removed. If anyone hasn't seen the pics they need to hurry and get to them!

I found them~

Those pics are too large, so I don't post them here

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=337640

But I don't like the soilders...... I hope that I can see the better one in the future :pir-sceptic:

Must buy the Ship!! :pir-classic:

Edited by Blue Dolphin

I really love those sets. I think what makes them look a bit strange particularly is, that the pictures look so "modern-style-like". The sets will look different for sure when you see real pictures of them which have not been photoshopped to death.

Oh my god.

I kid you not - the finding of those pics is the first time I have ever actually hyperventilated over something related to lego. THANK YOU!!!

~Trexxen (who has always wanted Pirate sets, but never had the bucks for them)

EDIT: Ok, now that I've calmed down, some comments.

Ship: Wow. WOW. FREAKING WOW. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for! For the record, the hull PIECES don't seem to be that &lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt; to me - in fact, they seem on roughly the same level as the old ones. If you look carefully you can see that it is indeed multiple pieces. I also see some SNOTwork on the ship, with a dark green tooth piece (<3) attached to a brown 1x3x1 curved slope (<3 <3). But still...wow. SO many epic parts, 7 and a half (lol) minifigures, a Shako, two Tricornes, two Headwraps, two hairpieces, and a skull/crossbones bicorne.

More to come later, mind...

Edited by Trexxen

My my, I am one of the happiest people here. I missed out on the original line, and now...I don't have to spend $30 for one of the older, smaller sets. All that new, golden, realistic goodness....:thumbup:

Posting from Toronto!

I can't really decide whether I love these or I hate these. I look once and these are pure brilliance. When I take another look I think it's &lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt; rubbish.