the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

It is definitely too late to do anything about the information now.

An ancient Chinese parable:

During the Han dynasty of China, there was a man named Zhu Maichen. As he was poor, his wife left him to seek a more successful husband. Later, Zhu Maichen's fortunes changed, and he was appointed to a high office. One day while traveling, he met his wife and her new husband on the road. She begged for him to take her back as his wife. Zhu Maichen splashed a bottle of water onto the ground and said when she had returned the water to the bottle, he would permit her to return to him. Soon afterwards, she committed suicide.

To this day "spilt water cannot be retrieved" is a Chinese idiom for an irrevocable action or decision.

I've had to do my fair share of subtle misdirection now and again, and it's been more experience that it is exceptionally effective in at least muddying the waters enough that people aren't sure what to believe. The debate isn't now if the list is accurate but how accurate it really is.

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

I would not like any unmortals or any fantasy stuff (such as a kraken) like Mocha said, but otherwise I am really pleased at this news, new pirates! We were right seeing the small hints here and their about a possible line! :pir-wub:

The sets look great!

Edited by Lord Of Pies

wow thanks!!! i was not expecting pics that soon!! there is soo many new pieces!!!!!!! i love that fish over the fire!

Edited by Mocha

Yes, I think that it's look really great ! Happy to found this :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by Bull

Impressive. Most impressive. I will be saving these images while they still exist!

Me too, they are all saved now!

I like the Imperial base the most, it looks fantastic.

Saved :pir-grin: . Not too sure if I'm really happy with these (if these are the real deal), some sets look a bit too "duplo meets 4+" in a system format to me (the pirate island baseplate and the ship for example, as well as some torso's), imperial base is nice though.

Edited by Fluyt

Wow i love these pirates im going to get them all expect on the pirate boards alot more guys!

i was relly hoping for a impereal armada ship.... o well i can wait for the 2nd wave....btw anyone notice the fish piece? lots of cool pieces...

Wow, this is great news! I was in AZ last week on vacation, and I saw the figs in the LEGO store display case, and I have to say that there was nothing custom or decaled looking about them. I suppose that is a moot point now that pictures have been posted but I just thought I'd put it out there.

I'm really happy about what I've seen The sets aren't particularly inovative, the kraken (octopus) is less than impressive, and they seem to be putting catapaults and cannons wherever they can, but overall it looks like a good solid line of sets that are very reminicent of the old pirate line with ships, islands, castle-eque' soldier bases, rowboats, and all the other elements that we would expect. The new figures are nice and while they are a bit more cartoony, they don't look so odd that they couldn't exist in the same world as the previous Pirate lines.

Next year promises to be my household's lowest for income yet, but I'll find a way to pick up a few of these sets.

Edited by Eilif

When I read the news on the main page (here on eurobricks) I almost tipped of my chair. So I went to brickshelf to look at the pictures that people was writing all about, and man…what a total disappointment. I really hope that the sets on the pictures are in a very early stage because they don’t look good at all. Where are all the fun ideas, fantasy and all the inspirations? To make new face- and torso prints aren’t enough (but I have to admit that the maiden in the big ship set looks amazing). Come on TLC, you can better than this!

Well I guess we have to wait and see. Hopefully there will be a lot of surprises. For an example, I doubt that the tiny octopus is actually the fearsome kraken.

There was some other great new stuff in the list as well. We finally get some Endor- and some more Hoth sets (Taun Tauns…yeeehhaaa!)

And also, I guess that Armothe and Red Bean will meet some competition now when TLC have decide to make there own, official, cows!

We may get an Armada/Soldier/Imperial ship yet. Those were only 4 of the listed sets. They can't release two big ships at once or they won't be able to sell them. Think about the fact that LEGO is a toy. It is aimed at kids. Kids can't afford to buy two big ships at the same time and TLC knows that not all parents are so well off that they can buy lots of big toys for their kids. Just be patient. I am sure we will see more ships when the line continues.

I cant find either a picture or a link that show me anything about this , can anyone of you please show me this if you saved them?

All pirates sets look rather good IMO. There are some fantastic small sets and I love the fortress! It's nice to have new shako's, new pirate torso's, new imperial torso's. I'm slightly disappointed in the hull of the ship which is more <insert that tiresome argument> than the old ships (like the BSB). Whatever your opinion on the sets, the parts are great resources for making MOCs.

Yeah! Pirates are back !!!

:pir_yoda:

New Pieces:

1. Torch for lighting cannon :pir-wub:

2. Red Octopus :pir-wub:

3. Detailed Fish :pir-wub:

4. Dynamite :pir-wub:

5. Lanterns :pir-wub:

6. MERMAID! :pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub:

(There's probably more but I can't see them!)

Revived pieces:

1. Imperial soldier hat

2. CANNON!

3. Parrot

4. Printed Wall Piece

5. Palm tree

6. Monkey

7. Minifig hook and shoulder tassles

8. Pirate flags

Please delete these if they're too much of a leak, but please keep them if you can! (Afterall, no pics!)

This is just speculation!

I'm so glad to hear the Pirates ARE DEFINATELY back. I hope the sets are affordable (No license)

I got the pictures now. and i looove them. if this isnt a joke it will make 2009 the happy year in my lego time :)

feeling like a child waiting for xmas now :pir-wink:

feeling like a child waiting for xmas now :pir-wink:

I think that feeling has spread through most of the Lego community who can see this site and Brickshelf!

(That includes me :pir-blush: )

Looks like some nice parts, figures and accessories. Not real sold on the set designs, though. The Kraken Attackin' is not at all what I'd envisioned, both for the better and the worse.

Now why couldn't they have included a cow in one of those sets?

Steve

Oh, wow. Wow, wow, wow. :pir-wub: . I think I'm in love. They're all really good. Despite some odd looking stuff (like the big shark and <insert that tiresome argument> stuff, and the sails with print), it's all great. But there are some things that are just simply awesome. The shakos, the firing cannons (!!!!!!!), the gold epaulets and hook, awesome new torsos, what appears to be a monoscope, a multi-colored parrot, new pirate faces, .... and so much more. It is just great. I really want to get them all.

1 of each please! :pir-wub:

Revived pieces:

4. Printed Wall Piece

5. Palm tree

I'm suspecting those are stickers (seeing as they cover multiple parts, and TLG's sticker-madness lately) and the palm tree looks like the hidious 4+ palm tree.

Don't think I'll get all of these, in all sets are some nice items I want (telescope (new piece!), torn trouser printed legs, shako's, blue epaulettes, etc.), even though I don't really like the design of the sets, but I'll stick to the smaller ones and maybe the imperial fort structure not to hurt my wallet too much. But then again I might change my mind if we get to see more of them.

Although, this is the same palm tree as the ones in the old sets.

I think these look pretty darn good! Sure, they are a bit <insert that tiresome argument> in some parts, but overall with all of the new pieces plus the great figs, this is looking very nice!

"Reunited 'cuase it feels so good....!"

OMG! I think I'm in love :pir-wub::pir-wub::pir-wub:!

The ship, IMO, looks great- it's a little longer than the BSB, comes with attacking Soldiers, working cannons (:pir-wub:), and the coolest figurehead LEGO has ever made. But that is a cheap hull.

Kraken Attackin' is basically Raft raiders with a cool red squid :pir-sceptic:.

Cannon battle is a nice little set, a great army builder.

Isle of Treasure (I think) looks good- love the roasted fish :pir-wub:!

Soldier's Fort, however, takes the cake. That thing is AWESOME. I mean, it's got a cool new plume, some nice new hats, and is that a beard/stache scared face? I hope! :pir-wub::pir-wub:

Overall, this looks great, and I can't wait to see the second wave, as well as the Shipwreck Island!

No Islanders!

Edited by Mister Phes
Had to remove pictures due to uncertaintity over their use

According to the folder name, these may be released in May 2009. It'll be a shame if we have to wait that long. Maybe Lego will take advantage of the excitement and allow early preorders through S@H.

Lets not post pictures just yet as we may not be permitted to display them. I'm currently seeking clarification on the matter and will keep you all informed as soon as I receive a response.