the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

The purchase or simply separately mini-figures, it is the most desirable with the weapon, or the whole sets. Lots of figures the soldier and pirates are welcomed. I live - in Russia, in Moscow, at offers, necessarily please specify from what country and city you. I hope, I shall meet somebody from Russia or England who could sell to me above told. Money - up to 2 thousand roubles I shall give for offered, but I shall buy not at once - at first I shall think, have I shall enter. So, I wait for your offers and very much I hope, that I can buy above specified! :pir_laugh2::pir-grin::pir-classic:

P.S. Not opened sets - the purchase are more dear!

Edited by Evil Wizard

I don't really get it, but if you're looking to purshase them, why not just buy them from Lego?

It's nice that you want Pirate sets Evil Wizard, but you posted this in the wrong forum. It should have been posted in the Buy, Sell, Trade foum. And you can't post topics in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum unless you are a citizen which means that you have reached at least 100 posts.

He's more likely to get a response in the Pirate Forum however so lets run with it for now.

Evil Wizard, what does "преведущи" mean in English?

I was using google translate a lot :pir-oh: today, so I checked and it says п

Edited by Pickerel

I'm liking the look of these.

sadly star wars is going to break me but maybe for my birthday or other holidays I'll get one of those bad boys.

2000 Russian Rubles are worth about 75 USD, for those who want to know.

I don't know if there already is a Russian eBay, I know they were talking about licensing one, but I didn't find a link on eBay.com

There are some small Russian Bricklink stores, but I fear none of them is currently selling Pirates Lego.

So I must agree this is probably his best way to purchase Pirates Lego.

If i read this correct he wants to buy sets, so this should be in the BSTF forum, but since he's a new member he can't post there...

You can check, ebay, Bricklink and what not for sets.

Sorry Evil wizard, i'm closing this down.

You have noticed, what pirates and soldiers in a series Pirates in 2009 have changed? How you consider - pirates became more realistic - or only became worse? It seems to me, that pirates and soldiers became most similar on real the soldier and pirates, than earlier. And how you concern to occurrence of new persons? I wait for your answers! :pir_laugh2::kahuka::jollyroger:

Edited by Evil Wizard

I agree that they have gotten more realistic. Take the ship for example, if that stupid chain wasn't there holding up the jib sail, it would be very realistic with it's cabin doors etc. Although when you think about it, there isn't really any LEGO set that's realistic. And what was with the symbols about 2 minutes ago. I couldn't understand your post!

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I agree that they have gotten more realistic. Take the ship for example, if that stupid chain wasn't there holding up the jib sail, it would be very realistic with it's cabin doors etc. Although when you think about it, there isn't really any LEGO set that's realistic. And what was with the symbols about 2 minutes ago. I couldn't understand your post!

Why could not understand? Smilies - as smilies. Well, then it is possible to tell, that if it was completely not realistic - then it any more there would be no series pirates. Well, all the same LEGO and remains our favourite LEGO. It would be interesting to compare on a photo of old pirates and new.

:pir-classic:

Why could not understand? Smilies - as smilies.

No - not smilies. Things like backward 3's and A's and V's joined together.

Haven't been to this site for a long time. Got here by accident...but man, this just reignited my passion.

The return of shakos, and they're improved!

While I prefer the spanish in terms of equipment (Morions are the best), I'll have to pick a few of these up when they're released. There goes my increased allowance.

Ooh, new pirates! I loved the pirate sets as a kid, but never had many big sets. Often, I would use the default models (more or less) for the imperial side, and just make islands for the pirates with trees and mountains and stuff.

uh i was just wondering how do the cannons tha fire work because i have one but i cant make it fire. i want to know this because this kind of cannon is in all the new pirate sets????. the 26.99 $ cnd set has that large island base plate witch is kinda single use so what do you guys think of it because it has next to nothing in the means of actual building.

uh i was just wondering how do the cannons tha fire work because i have one but i cant make it fire.

This might be a good topic for you to check out.

Are these new pics?

I havn't seen the bottom one before, but a few pages back we saw the top one along with the soldier impulse. :pir-classic:

I just can't wait for these to be released so I can purchase at least one hundred of the soldier Impulses possibly more, as well as the cannon set and small fort set. The officer in the new clearer pictures looks great with the dark blue torso and red epaulette.

No - not smilies. Things like backward 3's and A's and V's joined together.

I viewed this post before when it had those weird characters, and I just percieved them to be words of a foreign language, but I may be wrong.

Looks like the cartoony skull and crossbones on the sail is definite :(

On the plus side, it also looks like the cannons are definitely going to be a metallic gunmetal colour!

Edited by brickzone

Oooh, I like that the pistols are dark brown!

I also think the the groove on the butt of the rifle is different.

I don't get why they made it like it is now. The ones before with a small groove worked just fine!