the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

I really want to see the new pirate sets :pir-cry_happy:, even when it is going to be released in 2009, you have something to wait for :pir_laugh2:

I really like the new torso's and hairstyles as well.

Interesting find oo7. That female pirate is new to me. I'm happy we are getting some females, it makes the new pirates line different from the original pirates line and opens a world of possibilities.

I'm starting to have interest with the pirates set. :pir_bawling:

Will be very broke in the coming year.

I just found another female minifig "Beauty Pageant" photo. Seems to be a pirate wench from a set we haven't seen yet on the left and one of the medieval market girls on the right.

But we have seen the set, it's the Shipwreck Island. :wink: When you compare the minifig to the teeny-tiny image provided in the scans, it's obvious they're the same.

The pirate wench seems to have the first ever Lego female head with an "imperfection". She wears an eyepatch to cover up a cut up or missing eye.

I have to disagree with this one: there's the one-toothed witch's face from Fright Knights, and I'd call that imperfection if any. The idea of a eyepatched female head is tingling in any case - so many possibilities for using that head!

Wow the wench is an interesting character. Were there any more photos of the beauty pagent? :pir-blush:

Wow the wench is an interesting character. Were there any more photos of the beauty pagent? :pir-blush:

I would think if there are, they would have been posted here already.

The pirate wench seems to have the first ever Lego female head with an "imperfection". She wears an eyepatch to cover up a cut up or missing eye.

Well, maybe the myth that pirates used eye patches to see better in the dark for a night time raid could be applied here?

So I found new pictures of the Pirate Impuls Set for 2009. There will be one with a pirate and one with a soldier:

art4131971zp6.jpg

art4131960vg5.jpg

greetings Star-Sam :pir-classic:

Edited by Star-Sam

art4131960vg5.jpg

Makes me think of buying a couple of these... :pir-cry_happy:

Thank you for showing the pics!

That are some GREAT impulses! I love the soldier, it's great! :pir-classic:

I hope I can get enough money for at least 2 of these each, and another small pirate set. Collecting multiple themes really eats your money.

Edited by DarthPineapple

Those are great pics Star-Sam! Thanks for posting them.

I must say, I really like these impulse sets, as they include quite a few nice accessories such as the new fish and a nice soldiers backpack.

Can't wait for '09!

Thanks for the new pics guys. I wish the set with the Kraken had a brick built one but I guess I can make one myself.

Edited by Skipper 24

The new "Big" ship still looks weird...There's no rigging/mast in the back like all the other pirate ships. It looks kind of naked. But that's a pretty easy fixed....I guess Lego is trying to get away from string. You can see the sails are now mounted the same as they are in the Viking long boat. She still looks like a nice ship....certainly not a BSB or SES, but better than the RBR. I wonder what her name is...

Sadly I think I might buy ALL of these sets! (sadly for my wallet, that is)

Thanks for the new pics guys. I wish the set with the Kraken had a brick built one but I guess I can make one myself.

I'm actually glad it's not...For too long Lego seemed focused on Humans vs. Mythical monsters...look at the Viking Line...This seems like more of a return to focusing on "realism," so-to-speak. More focus on the human factions...

Thanks Hinkley, for posting these pics down here, the new ship looks quite stupid indeed, they are making it way too clear they had to cut costs for it...I'd rather pay another 20 or so if that would give me a new BSB styled ship BTW...perhaps even 50...

Well, I will buy it anyway, or at least wait for the hulls, wench and other stuff to appear on Bricklink. :pir-sweet:

of course they release new pirates when I am in grad school with absolutely no money, and now that I live so far away from a lego store... man... I hope they continue this line for a couple years. But it is good to see them back, although I would prefer the original type of imperial torso I think.

Art4115415.jpg

I still hope it's not just one big piece Island. It's looking like playmobile. If they made it from little bricks or put it ona little baseplate it would be so much better.

I still hope it's not just one big piece Island. It's looking like playmobile. If they made it from little bricks or put it ona little baseplate it would be so much better.

I'm prepared to be dissapointed. LEGO have let us down a few times too many recently with big peices.

It really looks like one piece to me...

Hopefully I'm wrong though. It wouldn't be the first time! :pir-laugh:

I thought it was a new 3D baseboard, but it looks like it's actually a large part that can attach onto studs. Which is rather better I think. Would be good if it is a few parts though that can be rearranged.