the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

Not the sets are not out. However, Lego pricing tends to follow the same pattern, so we can generally assume that $5.95 will be the price for the impulse sets.

Oh. Well I just thought that the way Mister Phes said it, he knew the exact price. But yes, impulse sets do tend to cost around that regardless of what they are.

I agree. TLC knows that we WILL buy the pirate sets, especially the impulse sets! :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by lego12

how do you know the price?

Because the other impulse sets cost that much :pir-hmpf: It was simple!

Edited by The Rancor

It seems that the recently released "Medieval Market Village" pictures have provided us with some high quality shots of some of the new molds to be released in the upcoming pirate theme including the hat plume/flame pieces, the decorative support/telescope pieces, and a new fish mold. If you haven't already seen them in the History and Adventure forum, check out the pictures below of the respective parts taken by Hinckley at the currently ongoing BrickCon '09.

http://brickzone.net/images/eurobricks/sta...uff/mmv/019.jpg

http://brickzone.net/images/eurobricks/sta...uff/mmv/022.jpg

http://brickzone.net/images/eurobricks/sta...uff/mmv/003.jpg

In addition, further photographs from BrickCon uploaded to flickr by Lego ambassador Andrew Becraft give us a peek at a mermaid figure for an upcoming set - one likely to be mass produced as the figurehead on the pirate ship of the 2009 product line.

2912372224_3cbc2c0dde.jpg

Edit: Lastly, another attendee and ambassador, Nannan Zhang, has put up a shot of the "Governor's Daughter" minifigure to be released with the same pirate ship.

2914467780_33d35a68f7.jpg

2914467780_33d35a68f7.jpg
:pir-wub: She is very pretty... :pir-sweet: Can't wait to buy the Pirate ship! :pir-cry_happy:

Lego12

(50th post today!)

any sepeculation of the prices of these set's? I want tu buy alot of them, the new minigures add alot to the series along with the new detailing pieces

Gee that Crown Princess head sure is getting a good work out in 2009. It's popping up everywhere! :pir-classic:

Not sure how well it would work in practice, but it looks like the white dress torso and slope can be mix/matched with the princess dress. There was a valid complaint about the new dress printings that they spanned the two parts - however, both these dresses have a gold band at the waist.

Just a thought I had.

Looks fantastic. The princess hair is nicer imo in black than in brown.

Wow, i love this new fig. :pir-wub: It kinda reminds me of keira knightley in pirates of the caribbean :pir-tongue: actually i think all those new torsos TLG is making for female minifigs are some of the best ones ever created.

Edited by metalandi

I think we can all agree that that is the best lego pirate ship figurehead. :wub:

The governor's daughter looks great as well, the dress is very nice. The princess head is a little out of place though, the brown eyebrows don't really go well with the black hair.

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Love the two new female minifigs. The mermaid torso remids me of a custom I once found on Brickshelf. I wanted to buy the new ship anyway - now I'm sure I'll get one. :pir-classic:

I just found another female minifig "Beauty Pageant" photo. Seems to be a pirate wench from a set we haven't seen yet on the left and one of the medieval market girls on the right.

new-minifig-girls.jpg

I'm very interested in the mid- late Victorian era and the three figures with dresses all would work splendidly! :pir-blush: I love those fish too!

My wallet already feels painful in trying to catch up with brick and sets from a years ago (as I recently came out of my "dark ages"), and 2008 and 2009 are hurting my limited budget (I'm in high school and need to save up for things later in life :pir-sceptic: ).

It hurt not being able to buying every LEGO set that ever existed.

:pir_bawling:

The pirate wench seems to have the first ever Lego female head with an "imperfection". She wears an eyepatch to cover up a cut up or missing eye.

The girl pirate could be from the Shipwreck, we can barely see the figs in that set from the pics.

I just found another female minifig "Beauty Pageant" photo. Seems to be a pirate wench from a set we haven't seen yet on the left and one of the medieval market girls on the right.

Yummy! :pir-wub: Roll on 2009!

The pirate wench and mediaeval woman don't seem to be quite the same top. I wonder if the two torsos are reversed in that photo, and the one on the right is in fact the pirate torso. It not only doesn't have the straps, but the belt is different and there is less white (it looks like it doesn't marry with the dress in the same fashion). I hope this is the case, as it would work better than the mediaeval woman's torso does with legs, and also it would be great if there are in fact two distinct new torsos rather than duplication.

With all these new delightful ladies in the line, can the return of Paradisa be far behind? I think someone needs to start a thread about that! "Top 10 Signs of the Return of Paradisa" :pir_laugh2:

You know... that mermaid torso really would make a great Paradisa figure...

Good job, LEGO. Seriously. I give you grief. I watch you make silly mistakes and miss opportunities. I'm proud to say that you're redeeming yourselves nicely lately. Keep it up! :thumbup:

With all these new delightful ladies in the line, can the return of Paradisa be far behind? I think someone needs to start a thread about that! "Top 10 Signs of the Return of Paradisa" :pir_laugh2:

That's my job isn't it? I was the one who pointed out the obvious last time... :shark: