the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

The green bandana (rag wrap) on the impulse pirate will definitely have an effect on the BrickLink prices for that item. So far, it only came in one set, 6071 Forestmen's Crossing, part of the early 1990s castle line and was considered a scarce item. I wonder if the green tone used for this one reflects the color of the one used in 6071.

Edited by jamtf

It seems Slyowl posted those online. I wonder where he is!

Sorry, I only replaced the original links with my saved ones to prevent any loss of them if they are withdrawn. The originals are

http://www.cheyenne-mountain.com/Bilder/IDS/pir1.jpg

http://www.cheyenne-mountain.com/Bilder/IDS/pir2.jpg

http://www.cheyenne-mountain.com/Bilder/IDS/pir3.jpg

i so love them all!!

the impulse sets look great!

and so does that shipreck!

cant wait!

Wow, I didn't even know there would be more! And they're cool too!

Thanks for the pics SlyOwl!

The green bandana (rag wrap) on the impulse pirate will definitely have an effect on the BrickLink prices for that item. So far, it only came in one set, 6071 Forestmen's Crossing, part of the early 1990s castle line and was considered a scarce item. I wonder if the green tone used for this one reflects the color of the one used in 6071.

All of them appear to be Dark Green except for the one in the impulse.

That one will probably drive down prices, though.

All I know is that I'm buying the fort, and the cannon battle and impulse in multiples. I'm finally going to army build. :pir-devil:

Sorry, I only replaced the original links with my saved ones to prevent any loss of them if they are withdrawn. The originals are

http://www.cheyenne-mountain.com/Bilder/IDS/pir1.jpg

http://www.cheyenne-mountain.com/Bilder/IDS/pir2.jpg

http://www.cheyenne-mountain.com/Bilder/IDS/pir3.jpg

No way! I'm going to gobble those Impulses up. And the pirate base?? How cool! I love it.

I'm getting a bit uneasy but I have a sneaking suspicion that this line will never see the light of day in North America. Given that the Castle Advant Calender is not coming here, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that this line is a European exclusive. The firing cannons are now making me a bit uneasy given that they were once considered too dangerous fort he North American market. Could it be that LEGO is actually going to make some of its lines exclusive to Europe given the weak US dollar? Perhaps I'm just being too paranoid.

:jollyroger: I live in the USA and I'm wondering, What am I missing over hear that your all taking about, and where I can reed about this? :pir_bawling:

PS Im new to this so if eny one's got some ponters for me could you let me know?

I'm getting a bit uneasy but I have a sneaking suspicion that this line will never see the light of day in North America. Given that the Castle Advant Calender is not coming here, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that this line is a European exclusive. The firing cannons are now making me a bit uneasy given that they were once considered too dangerous fort he North American market. Could it be that LEGO is actually going to make some of its lines exclusive to Europe given the weak US dollar? Perhaps I'm just being too paranoid.

I hope that your rong about the possebel European Exclusive. I was only born in 87 so I dident get more then one or two of the sets. I've taken too bilding my own ships out of balssa wood and hot glue. the one I'm working on now is not done yet but I hope to finish it by the summer.

The boxart are lovely. Looking at all of these, has finally re-assured me to collect Pirates again. So many possibilites, with endless army building. :pir-sweet:

mmmm.....fush :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, I am loving the Soldier impulse set, note the inclusion of a backpack, musket, pistol and sword. :pir-sweet:

That soldier Impulse set is everything I hoped for!

Thanks TLC! You can expect some very large orders from me.

Army building ON!

Ooh, more new Pirate sets! They all look really good, I mgith buy the soldier guy Impulse but not in bulk because I prefer the pirates to them, the pirates always have more character. :pir-wink:

Is it just me or are the boxes isosceles trapezoids in shape?

Haha, distorted pictures it seems.

I'm getting a bit uneasy but I have a sneaking suspicion that this line will never see the light of day in North America. Given that the Castle Advant Calender is not coming here, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that this line is a European exclusive. The firing cannons are now making me a bit uneasy given that they were once considered too dangerous fort he North American market.

I haven't read about the advent calendar properly yet, but I seriously doubt that a theme as big as this will not be sold in the US. As for what you said about the firing cannons, do you know that the Dino Attack (Dino 2010 in Europe) sets were sold in Europe without the guns? If you mean about the dangers of being hit by a puny little brick, you still get the Technic launchers in America, don't you? I would think they're more dangerous. :pir-tongue:

:skull:

All of them appear to be Dark Green except for the one in the impulse.

That one will probably drive down prices, though.

That's good news for me. I have a forestwoman, but I don't have her green headscarf, and there's certianly no way I will be paying BL prices for one. I'm not a completionist or anything, but it would be nice to get matching headgear. Right now the closest I have is a brown headscarf that I got from a Shifty/Brick/Enlighten knock-off impulse set.

I don't think there's any danger of the USA not getting Pirates. Judging the availalbility of the line based on the castle advent kit (the rest of the castle line is in the USA) is just silly.

after all the trouble I went through to get my hands on some old pirate sets...

but I hope it's true, I haven't seen them...

If there are new pirate ships I hope they look like the old ones so I can make more ships like these;

post-3891-1220553565.jpg

If there are new pirate ships I hope they look like the old ones so I can make more ships like these;

There is a new ship but it doesn't look like those (Those are a bit better :pir-classic: )

That soldier Impulse set is everything I hoped for!

Thanks TLC! You can expect some very large orders from me.

Army building ON!

Finally I can afford to build British army that can rival my French. This impulse is wonderful and includes everything I need (Shakos, Muskets, Epaulettes, Backpacks, and a cutlass). I will definately buy at least 100.

Finally I can afford to build British army that can rival my French. This impulse is wonderful and includes everything I need (Shakos, Muskets, Epaulettes, Backpacks, and a cutlass). I will definately buy at least 100.

I'm still uncertain how I will use the new soldiers. I've got already 150 of the old Imperial Guards, so mixing them with these new ones in one nation might not be the best idea. I'll need to think about this.

I haven't read about the advent calendar properly yet, but I seriously doubt that a theme as big as this will not be sold in the US. As for what you said about the firing cannons, do you know that the Dino Attack (Dino 2010 in Europe) sets were sold in Europe without the guns? If you mean about the dangers of being hit by a puny little brick, you still get the Technic launchers in America, don't you? I would think they're more dangerous. :pir-tongue:

I'm quite aware of the Dino Attack/Dino 2010 lines.

That being said, the original 89 cannons were modified and gradually evloved into the non-firing version seen in later sets. From what I understand, US safety laws are quite strict on these sorts of things. Reissued toys often have larger projectiles (presumably to comply with US safety standards). The projectiles for the technique launchers are considerably larger the small 1x1 cylinders that are used with the cannons. Given that the cannons are spring loaded, I am very curious as to whether they would satisfy child safety laws in North America. I mean, wasn't that the reason they were changed in the first place?

Also, when LEGO first announced Dino Attack/Vikings, didn't they initially intend for the two lines to be market specific (Dino Attack for the US and Vikings for Europe). Who's to say that LEGO might not re-attempt something like this? I hope I'm wrong (I really want a couple of those ships without having to import) but given that we haven't had any official announcement on this line I don't want to be disappointed as I was with the Advant Calender.

after all the trouble I went through to get my hands on some old pirate sets...

but I hope it's true, I haven't seen them...

post-3891-1220553565.jpg

Oh, delightful. I love your ships. Very evocative of the Spanish Galleons and other 17th century sips. Please, do make a thread for them.

I really would think that with such a classic line like Pirates, TLG would have to release them worldwide. Especially since the original pirates were available in the U.S.

mmmm.....fush :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, I am loving the Soldier impulse set, note the inclusion of a backpack, musket, pistol and sword. :pir-sweet:

Yes, mayby one day there will be some lego chups to go with them!! :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

EDIT:Anyway, do you guys know if there will be a Winter (Summer for US) line?

Fush and Chups on :pir_laugh2:

Edited by hollisbrick

I'm still uncertain how I will use the new soldiers. I've got already 150 of the old Imperial Guards, so mixing them with these new ones in one nation might not be the best idea. I'll need to think about this.

If you have to much imperial guards i can find place for them in my barracks :pir-laugh:

the more i look at he imperial guard the more i think of grenadiers, perhaps because i have a pc game where the grenadiers have a lot of white on them .

perhaps i should use the new one as regular infantry.