the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

Excellent! Maybe a little too excellent, especially sounding like so many forts and islands with no ships. It's not a very typical LEGO list at all. Still, we can hope.

I must admit though... Kraken Attackin' is the lamest name I've seen for a set in years.

Hard to say about the Soldier things, Shanghai Chase is listed as New Classic and it's Indy, so some of this might be a little hard to decipher.

Only drawback to me is that this looks like everyone's dream list and I find it hard to believe that TLG could get this much right in one shot. Just the taun tauns are enough to make me wary.

Would it be immature for to say "I told you so!"? :pir-tongue:

Yes, yes it would. :pir-tongue:

Excellent! Maybe a little too excellent, especially sounding like so many forts and islands with no ships. It's not a very typical LEGO list at all. Still, we can hope.

Why can't Cannon Battle, Kraken Attackin' or Brickbeard's Bounty be or include ships? Failing that, Shipwreck Hideout should include at least part of one! :pir-tongue:

Why can't Cannon Battle, Kraken Attackin' or Brickbeard's Bounty be or include ships? Failing that, Shipwreck Hideout should include at least part of one! :pir-tongue:

True enough. I know you're thrilled by this news. :pir-wink:

I think I'm just feeling particularly cautious about this list. I know the source has been historically reliable, it's just a lot to take in at one time, and some of it seems to be right from the wishlists posted all over the LEGO community.

I know you're thrilled by this news. :pir-wink:

Just because I don't like the romanticisation of pirates doesn't mean that I don't want to buy all of these sets. :pir_kiss:

This is all exciting, but like someone said before me, kraken attackin is a pretty weak name. and while redbeard was a great name, brickbeard is...ehh. im sure itll grow on me. i just wanna see some pics, cause right now im a little worried. i dunno

I think I'm just feeling particularly cautious about this list. I know the source has been historically reliable, it's just a lot to take in at one time, and some of it seems to be right from the wishlists posted all over the LEGO community.

Very good point. This information may be inaccurate or completely bogus for all we know. We may even have to remove it.

Damn, I thought only the people from the star wars forum were saying things like "I'll only believe it when I see it". "It can't be real", and such. Seems like not believing in good news might be a well spread AFOL disease afterall :pir-devil:

My fav theme returning, oh joy ! I shall start saving :pir-grin:

This set names really sound promising. I'll wait to see the pics (and prices) :pir-wink:

LuxorV

I really hope this is true, although the set names somehow seem a bit wierd. I wouldn't like to see pirate vs. ninja, undead pirates or anything like that, but I do like the idea of a kraken.

Looks like I'll need to save up some money :pir-look:

ok, ok, ok... i'll be the synical bastard among us and say these are rumours untill i've actually seen some sort of confirmation. :pir-tongue: For that, i would propose to kidnap our brand new amb and torture him untill he tells us everything he knows about this.

however, let's just speculate for now, cos that's soooooo much fun and we can't stop ourselves from doing so anyway, so here it goes:

a pirate line without a big ship is like a pub without beer: IMPOSSIBLE!!! so my guess is that this bounty thing is a ship, i'm just wondering about the quality of the thing, and most of all, what about the cannons? what's the age of the targeted audience? are there sw shooting mechanisms in it or do we get the old cannons?

the kraken thing is probably going to be something with bionicle parts or so... i don't expect a real brick built thing...

soldiers AND pirates sounds like a fig vs fig theme to me, (which is also the case in the space theme i think) that makes me suspicious, honestly.... since when is Lego going back to a fig vs fig theme?

Interesting speculations, snefroe.

the kraken thing is probably going to be something with bionicle parts or so... i don't expect a real brick built thing...

I'd expect it to be something like the one in the AquaRaiders theme.

LuxorV

Thanks Badger for finding this news and posting it here!

Judging only on the set names, my favorite is the Soldiers' Fort.

Like several others I'm still hoping for a large ship (size of the BSB or bigger).

If pirate come back I'll do my best to buy all the sets if the quality is right :pir-sweet:

ok, ok, ok... i'll be the synical bastard among us and say these are rumours untill i've actually seen some sort of confirmation.

Can't say I blame you. I've been insisting the whole time that everyone approach these names with an open mind because we may discover they're inaccurate. Then again maybe not, time will reveal all.

Thanks Badger for passing this on! Whung has been reliable in the past so lets hope it all pans out.....

There seems to be a lot of Army building sets for SW too. Clones/Droids/Hoth.

Look out, Venator too!

Castle goodness, mmmmmmmmm

I will have to sell a kidney!

Arrr, me timbers be shivering!

They may have a chill :pir-tongue:

My Lord! This is great news! Look at all the new Duplo sets! :pir-wub::pir-tongue:

I am thrilled to see this, it looks like we have at least 3 new ships!

I am speechless, even though I just talked! I CANNOT WAIT. Captain Redbeard's gunna steal a ship.

Dear all,

This news just made my day. :pir-classic:

I just really hope they will return to the old quality of the sets.

I really dont fancy any fantasy elements.

The only lego I ever banned to a box are those dragons, skelletons and trols from the new castle line.... :pir-hmpf_bad:

It just ruins the whole history feel to it.

There are no dragons skelletons and trols in Europe... :imperialguard_commander1:

The sea monsters kept me from buying any Viking sets. Its just plain weird..

To be honoust, those monsters just disgust me to the bone.

So I keep my fingers crossed that they won't include any mythical monsters...

Or I will pass on this line, or have to buy a bigger garbage bin.

Kind regards,

Teddy

In theory if i keep my expectations low, I should never be disappointed. ... In theory ... perhaps ... maybe?

I would love to see a return of some classic pirates pieces, mainly cannons and shakos - even if it was just to drive down the insane prices asked on bricklink and ebay. I am not sure about things such as the kraken, at any rate it was believed by sailors at the time they existed and I've kinda always had a thing for stuff like Godzilla so if well executed it may just tempt me to pick up such a set. :pir_yoda: Sadly there's no collecter's ship or something like that listed in the set list :pir-sad2: That was my secret dream :pir-tongue:

But, but, but - because I am the way I am - I'm going to wait for either official confirmation from TLC or visual eyecontact with the sets in the toy store. I shall be making daily phonecalls there :pir-grin:

Thanks for the news! It does sound rather exciting if Pirates are returning! Personally, I think Kraken Attackin is a great name for a set. I love cheesy alliteration.

I'm not too anti-brick creatures, but I would hope they aren't too big an element of the set.

Like everyone else here, I'd more than a little thrilled to see new LEGO Pirates sets! However... "Kraken Attackin"? "Brickbeard's Bounty"? Those names raise suspicion, with me at least. Wouldn't TLC avoid Kraken monsters for fear of being sued on plagiarism by Disney? (Of course Disney does not own Krakens now, but still.) And uhm... Brickbeard? Goofiest name I've heard in ages.

Colour me sceptic. Official news = proof. :pir-sceptic:

Since the information has not originated from an original source I think we should keep an open mind.

Yes... so it is sure that LEGO will revive the Pirate series?

Hmmmm.... I'm not keeping MY expectations high. Sure, I'm excited, but some of these names sound..... cheap. I'm hoping for a LOT of sets, and at LEAST 1 large Pirate ship (bigger than the BSB, even, I hope!) and 1 large Imperial ship (WAY bigger than the Armada!!!), as well as your standard Eldorado Fortress and Rock Island Refuge. It seems that we got those with Shipwreck Island and Soldier's Fort, but I just have this nagging feeling that the ships (if there are any) are gonna suck. Call me a freak, say my expectations are way too low, but I'm a worry wart :pir-grin:.

amazing! I'm going to collect these. I'll buy the impuse sure and maybe craken's attack, if it's not very pricely. seen that there's no ships, but maybe in canon battle. Loot island sound interesting too. and yes, I really wish that there are old skeletons.

soldiers AND pirates sounds like a fig vs fig theme to me, (which is also the case in the space theme i think) that makes me suspicious, honestly.... since when is Lego going back to a fig vs fig theme?

Well Agents is fig vs. fig. True, the bad guy are all cyborgs of one form or another, but they're still figs. And technically the current castle sets are mostly fig vs fig, just not human vs human.

I'm gonna be broke when they come out, can I barrow anyone's Credit Card? It'll save me some trouble.