the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

Gentlemen, we have scored!

So, anyone else excited? :pir-blush:

Edit by Hinckley: I'm so excited I deleted the list! Hooray! We've removed the list for various reasons. I will say no more :tongue:

EDIT: No worries at all! Like you, I'm exceptionally glad this was removed.

badger

New pics courtesy of metalandi:

SE8396-1-00-N_1.jpg

SE8396-1-00-N_2.jpg

SE6239-1-00-N_1.jpg

SE6240-1-00-N_1.jpg

SE6241-1-00-N_1.jpg

SE6242-1-00-N_1.jpg

SE6242-1-00-N_3.jpg

SE6242-1-00-N_2.jpg

SE6243-1-00-N_1.jpg

p1000880.jpg_thumb.jpg p1000881.jpg_thumb.jpg p1000882.jpg_thumb.jpg p1000883.jpg_thumb.jpg p1000884.jpg_thumb.jpg

EDIT Bonaparte: Pictures added to first post

pir1.jpg

pir2.jpg

pir3.jpg

new-minifig-girls.jpg

art4131971zp6.jpg

art4131960vg5.jpg

Art4115437.jpg

Art4115391.jpg

Art4115404.jpg

Art4115415.jpg

Art4115448.jpg

Art4115426.jpg

I have to say it looks cool. hope the ships are like the old ones and not like the harry potter ship though.

but there still going to be cool however they are made.

Did I stumble into a topic or a heavenly beam of light? :pir-cry_happy: This is truly fantastic news, badger! Kudos to this remarkable find! I'm sure everyone will be very excited. I especially like the sound of this "kraken attackin" set. A lego kraken? Momma mia, here I go again! :pir-laugh:

This is truly fantastic news, badger! Kudos to this remarkable find!

Thanks, but I can't take credit as I found a link to that site here. Still, am I the only one who finds the Pirate sets the best news on that page? I think not! :pir-sweet:

badger

. . . . ok, so Taun Tauns rock too

You missed a couple:

Edit by Hinckley: Stop quoting these things :hmpf:

I did include Pirate Survival in the list above (it's the first one listed) and Soldier's Arsenal is listed as a Castle set as I didn't add that one.

badger

Thanks, but I can't take credit as I found a link to that site here. Still, am I the only one who finds the Pirate sets the best news on that page? I think not! :pir-sweet:

badger

. . . . ok, so Taun Tauns rock too

You still brought this gold mine's existence to the common knowledge of our good friends at eurobricks! :pir-classic: That is good enough for me. This news is the best thing I have heard all day. \

Ohhhh...more pirate sets? Now Mr. Phes must recieve my gratitude! :pir-grin: Soldiers arsenal? That sounds interesting. I hope it is a big fort with cannons and muskets galore. These all sound like amazing sets.

I did include Pirate Survival in the list above (it's the first one listed) and Soldier's Arsenal is listed as a Castle set as I didn't add that one.

badger

Good point! I got a little excited there!

Thanks for the :jollyroger: info, badger!

From the list you've found, it looks like I'll need to get a second job in 2009...

What do you suppose this is about:

Pirate Gift Item 2/LEGO® Pirate Building Set?

Edited by Buckshot

Haha! This is fantastic news!

I have been hoping and hoping for a new Pirate line and it looks like TLG has finally delivered!

All of the other sets from the other lines sound great as well.

Thanks for the amazing news!

How does this make it official? Just because that site lists it. Im still hoping for a new pirate line, but I will not believe it until I see an official lego statement or advertisement. However maybe this person on the linked site posted knows something that we don't! At least that is what I am hoping.

Since the information has not originated from an original source I think we should keep an open mind.

Yes, indeed they be the official set names but just as likely they could be inaccurate. Time will tell.

Holy sh..shiver me timbers! I'm excited!

I can't wait to see them. I hope sales are high enough to carry them into 2010 and beyond! I certainly plan to buy some!

Since the information has not originated from an original source I think we should keep an open mind.

Yes, indeed they be the official set names but just as likely they could be inaccurate. Time will tell.

Yea I guess. The SECRET everyone. If anyone knows what that is.

YES.

Oh please, please, TLC, make this theme good! I don't know what I'd do if it ended up like the 4+ pirate theme... *shudder*

At the least, give us something like vikings...but with figs-on-figs. Figs-on-monsters gets so boring after a while, but it sounds like the Kracken Attackin' set is like that...

Figs-on-monsters gets so boring after a while, but it sounds like the Kracken Attackin' set is like that...

That's what I'm afraid of but this is good news. *cackles happily*

YES.

Oh please, please, TLC, make this theme good! I don't know what I'd do if it ended up like the 4+ pirate theme... *shudder*

At the least, give us something like vikings...but with figs-on-figs. Figs-on-monsters gets so boring after a while, but it sounds like the Kracken Attackin' set is like that...

Well it says on the list that there are soldiers. So with that being said, if this is a real list, there will be pirates vs soldiers, and pirates vs krakken.

YAY! Fulfillment! I am however, pissed about the Kraken set. I would have preferred to not introduce mythology, etc. into the Pirate theme. It could however, be easily turned into a giant squid, if that's the type of kraken they go with. I would be bothered if they went with the giant octopus-type kraken. Unless it's brickbuilt.

Lets not make any judgments based on these mere titles as we might be quite pleasantly satisfied when we see the end result.

Mind you I'm not really one for brick-built beasts myself.

Lets not make any judgments based on these mere titles as we might be quite pleasantly satisfied when we see the end result.

Mind you I'm not really one for brick-built beasts myself.

OMG! I'm so excited :pir-cry_happy: I missed on the pirates because I was too young :pir_bawling: But this has made my day and I got the flu At the momement..Kudos for the find :thumbup:

PIRATES ON! :jollyroger:

I was so excited from reading the title. But if you follow the link, it leads you to an Asian blogsite with no images to back up the names. I'm hopeful, but I'll still be recruiting the old Imperials for my army. If anyone is ready to give up their redcoats, just let me know.

Tony

I believe I hear angels singing.

This is so exciting, really great news and a good enough confirmation for me.

No large ship yet but it'll probably come if these sell well.