Jipay

Fabuland Serenade

indexed.gif

As I fell back into castle, I couldn't resist to add a little bit of a Fabuland taste inside. Here is a Fabuland Serenade.

The Walrus king is deeply in love with the noble cat. He decides to offer her all the tresures he got, but he soon realized that only a little something to eat would do the trick...

This MOC is based on a modular medieval city concept. Thanks to Hinckley for 2 of the 3 fabuland figs !

post-1-1218990351.jpg

post-1-1218990364.jpg

post-1-1218990376.jpg

Is that fried rat on the plate? Mmmmm, one of my favorites :classic:

Nice work on this one JP! And a fun little story to go with the MOC.

Wow! Jipay is building? Cool. Nice work. It's a great little scene and a cool concept. I knew Fabuland heads could fit on minifigs, but I never really tried it myself. I like the idea of adding the heraldry and armor, but honestly, I think it looks a little creepy. :laugh:

One thing I would like to see is a bigger facade for the cat's castle here. A system-scale minifig couldn't even fit through those doors. Considering your building skills, I feel a bit ripped off. But, the techniques used (in mini) are still great. It's an excellent work despite the drunken scale it was built in. :tongue:

This reminds me of the song "You Don't Bring me Fried Rat Anymore."

Very nice concept and set :thumbup: . Maybe, as Hinckley said, a bit strange in the proportions, but looks great nontheless.

LuxorV

Very nice, jipay. Shame on Sinner for trying to force a fried rat on to her - everyone knows its an acquired taste... :tongue:

Ah-ha! I did not realize that Fabuland body parts were so interchangeable with system ones. I guess I shouldn't be, this is Lego we're talking about after all. :classic: I will have to do some experimentation when I get home tonight. :skull:

Very nice loot pile also.

Okay, I give up. How do discnnect teh head from the ball joint that anchors it to the body? I tried for a while and even used plier, but I still couldn't get it to come apart. What am I doing wrong? :sceptic:

Okay, I give up. How do discnnect teh head from the ball joint that anchors it to the body? I tried for a while and even used plier, but I still couldn't get it to come apart. What am I doing wrong? :sceptic:

The old heads (black eyes with two small white dots) came apart from the torso at the ball joint. The newer heads (with eyeballs, aka Googly-eyed) came off from the ball joint, so it's easier with the newer,, googly-eyed heads. Or try harder with the pliers...

Oh, a medieval Fabuland tale... what a fine idea and nicely done too! :classic: