1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

6004 Crossbow Cart Review

Because I may start collecting Castle here is a review of one of my few castle sets. Please note I hurriedly put his together meaning some parts are the wrong color, look out for them! This review will also be done in my Star Wars review style. The lighting is also particularly bad in the pics. On with the review...

Parts: 20

Figs: 1

Price: ?????

1.Overview and fig

The whole set.

dscn2323.jpg

The Fright Knight's knight.

dscn2324.jpg

The disemboweled knight. The head printing is just longer then the helmet visor.

dscn2325.jpg

2. The cart

The cart has 3 crossbows and 2 Norman type shields.

dscn2326.jpg

The cart's advanced defense and weapons systems. :tongue:

dscn2328.jpg

All the parts from the cart. (Forgot to add the fig in)

dscn2329.jpg

3.Extras & overall

Here are all my Castle figs. Remember I don't collect Castle. (yet :wink: ) Oh yeah I forgot to put one of the old skellies and a ghost on there. Could a castle fan tell me if any of these minifigs are rare. I have no idea because I don't collect castle.

dscn2330.jpg

Build: 6/10 Pretty standard for a impulse.

Minifigs: 7/10 Nice minifig with lots of accessories.

Design: 8/10 This set made way for some of the new castle carts of similar size.

Parts: 10/10 3 Crossbows, 2 shields, arrow quiver, and spear as well as cool minifg in a 20 piece set!

Price: 10/10 Well I don't know but LEGO was cheaper in '97 so it gets 10.

Playability: 5/5 Pretty much standard for a impulse set.

Overall 8/10 Good parts and price as well as minifig scores this set an 8.

Thanks for reading.

Nice review I collect castle too and the ghost isn't really rare (I have one too) but it's not really found anymore so It would be a good thing to keep it. anyway great review :sweet:

Edited by mammymarf

About the rarest one up there is that black ninja. I only have one ninja and he is dark grey. I also have five samurai. The witch may be fairly rare but I am not sure. I didn't really collect much in the Fright Knight era.

Nice review I agree with Thok it’s quite similar to the more recent crossbow attack, though this one has the added benefit of two shields. This set would I fleet be more useful to army builders than most of the modern castle sets, even though many people don’t like frightknights.

even though many people don’t like frightknights.
I don't really like Fright Knights either I just happened to have this set.

Looks great, and the figures up there are old, and kinda rare. I don't really like fright knights though, so I probably won't get this set.

Thanks for the review. I've added it to the index.

I'm not a fan of this theme. But I have to say that this is a neat little set, that does hold some good things.

Figs and weapons are always welcome and one can never have to many wheels.

So I rate this "Average."

This is a pretty nice set. I really like the torso and its "genericness" so it can be used for other factions. And at least this set has 2 shields (althought I prefer the triangular ones) instead of just 1 shield you get from crossbow attack (from the wrong fraction, I'd have liked a crown knights shield 100x better).

Some improvements for this set would be a normal bow and a sword instead of 2 of the 3 crossbows, smaller wheels and triangular shields.

4/5 from me (actually 3,5 but I'll round it up)

I gave it Above Average. It was a nice set and included some nice pieces, but it is only an impulse set after all.

Edited by NewRight