Hinckley

Comic Con Exclusive Raffle

UPDATE: All tickets have been sold.

Eurobricks Comic Con Exclusive SW LEGO set raffle!

Want this set?

02ae_1.JPG

Here's your chance! We are holding a raffle for this set. Raffle tickets are $5.00 USD/ticket. This raffle will be limited to 50 tickets, so sign up now!

Make sure to follow these instructions!!

• Only one ticket per member
  • Only Eurobricks members who signed up for the site on or before August 14, 2008 are eligible
  • All current and former staff member are ineligible
  • Important: Once you've purchased your raffle ticket, PM me immediately with your paypal e-mail address so I can match the payments with the user.

Set is LEGO Star Wars Comic Con Exclusive MISB compliments of our own CopMike. Questions? Comments?

Update: All tickets sold.

Here are the verified members:

(If you have paid and don't see your display name in this list, PM me with your paypal e-mail-like you were supposed to in the first place...)

• 4STUDBRICK
  • adik_sa_lego
  • AFOL_SF
  • agrotic
  • Big Pete
  • BigDumbWookiee
  • cagri
  • captmaarek
  • Cardinal Brick
  • chris_austin
  • Dadster
  • Deinonychus
  • DGFD
  • Dragonator
  • Dude
  • eastpole
  • elkmn
  • GloriousShadow
  • graham g
  • James Markham
  • Jesper
  • juniormak
  • KDog
  • KidCharm
  • Knightsword
  • LEGO Maniac Jem
  • LegoFranks
  • LegoKing
  • legoman
  • MarkyPops
  • meschepers
  • Mirandir
  • Oky Wan Kenobi
  • pedro
  • PMJ
  • Quarryman
  • radiant7
  • reki_lobsheek
  • ReZourceman
  • RoscoPC
  • Saint
  • saturncoupe1999
  • The Brick Rat
  • The Little Arms Shop
  • Transmetro
  • ultraman_bc
  • UniqueBuilder
  • ups
  • xaphor
  • Xin

50 tickets at $5 each ... $250.

Set price was $75 at the show, but obviously more on the after market ... still makes me wonder what will happen to the surplus. Charity ?

I think the surplus will likely to go into the funding of Eurobricks forum.

CopMike, thanks for contributing this lovely set to our own Eurobricks Raffle. :wub:

pfft ... hosting is dirt cheap these days ...

so now it's $9 a ticket ? it wants to charge an extra $4 for P&P ... is that right ?

Edited by Big Pete

so now it's $9 a ticket ? it wants to charge an extra $4 for P&P ... is that right ?

Its whats happening for me. I assume its a mistake...surely 49 people dont have to pay for 1 persons P&P?

(Dont mind about the extra costs though, its more than just hosting that money goes into for the site

Edited by ReZourceman

We have a Virtual Private Server and Software Licensing fees. Not to mention this set wasn't acquired at Brick Con so it was considerably more than the $75. Yes, the proceeds all will go to Eurobricks administrative fees and contest prize funds. If you don't want to buy a ticket, Pete, don't. But there's no reason to be smug when you don't have all the answers yet.

I will look into the shipping. I set it at 0, but if it's charging you $4, then there's an error somewhere. The $5 raffle price includes shipping. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Is it US only or open to the whole world?

whole wide world.

whole wide world.

... otherwise it woud have been rather strange for Eurobricks... :wink:

Okay, all set. The shipping has been set back to 0 and everything should work perfectly now. :grin: Best of luck to everyone.

... otherwise it woud have been rather strange for Eurobricks... :wink:

Thank you. :laugh:

There's no comments field to enter my username. :-/

Sheesh, it's always something...

On the bright side, it's not trying to charge me $4 shipping anymore. :)

On the bright side, it's not trying to charge me $4 shipping anymore. :)

Here's an update. (I can't believe they remove the notes field in an automatic payment form. :hmpf: Stupid paypal :hmpf_bad:)

Important: Once you've purchased your raffle ticket, PM me immediately with your paypal e-mail address so I can match the payments with the user.

We have a Virtual Private Server and Software Licensing fees. Not to mention this set wasn't acquired at Brick Con so it was considerably more than the $75. Yes, the proceeds all will go to Eurobricks administrative fees and contest prize funds. If you don't want to buy a ticket, Pete, don't. But there's no reason to be smug when you don't have all the answers yet.

I'm not being smug ... just enquiring what the entrance fee is going towards other than the prize and the postage. I think it's a fair question ... :)

Firstly thank you to CopMike, for being so generous as to donate this fine set. One point will the draw be after all the tickets are sold or on a set date?

Thanks for putting up the raffle, and I'm only a minor contributor in posts and in general, but I do appreciate it! If I win great, if not at least my money went to a good cause!

Raffle on! :laugh:

Think about it:

A set sold for 75 USD.

Shipping will be WORLDWIDE in BOX.

Current market value is 150 USD.

Plus this is a "free" raffle, you DON'T have to enter.

I wish I was allowed to be part of this.

I'm not sure about when the raffle will be held, but my personal guess is as soon as all tickets are sold.

Big Pete: Be part of the raffle or don't. But please do stop commenting on the price. This is a world wide forum and shipping to Hong Kong, South Africa or Chile doesn't come cheap.

What's with all the whining? It's $5 for a chance at an expensive SDCC exclusive set. I don't care if they buy coke and hookers with the money.

Buy-in on! deino2.gif

50 tickets at $5 each ... $250.

Set price was $75 at the show, but obviously more on the after market ... still makes me wonder what will happen to the surplus. Charity ?

I'm not being smug ... just enquiring what the entrance fee is going towards other than the prize and the postage. I think it's a fair question ... :)

Oh, I see the innocent curiosity now. Thanks for clarifying. It must be one of those things where it's hard to translate what's being said online because we read it and add our own tone. Sorry about that.

I actually was hoping you were being smug and accusatory, because it helps to be able to prove we're honest. :wink:

Raffle tickets are $5.00 USD/one ticket per member.
can we buy more than 1 ticket?