Sign in to follow this  
simonjedi

Mcdonalds batman promotion.

Over at the Legions of Gotham, Batguy1966 posted that McDs will be getting LEGO Batman sets based off of the video game starting Sept. 12.

He also mentions that he has a pic, but doesn't know how to post it, so I'm very skeptical of this info, but there is a list of items included:

The Batboat

The Joker Helicopter

Batman and Batarang

Mr Freeze

The Batmobile

The Penguin and Submarine

Robin

and

The Joker

I can remember a day when McDonald's routinely put REAL toys in their Happy Meals, not the stuff in there today that does something when you push a button. I recall at least several times getting LEGO kits in polybags. They were neat little things like helicopters or cars. If they get the Batman stuff I may have to go look into getting some of them.

If those are real, i may go to McD's for the first time in years (real means lego).

real legos would rock!

jifel

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I just hope they dont turn out like the figures during the last Bionicle promotion (Mcdonalds made their toys based on the Bionicle sets that were being sold at the time. They were clunky, had cheap color schemes, and were given crappy light up swords.)

I hope these are REAL figures and possible MINIs rather than those bioncle type sculps or these:

aut_8260.jpg

I need that joker and batboat if they are real, Batguy better post that picture!

If only there were a Nightwing since I still don't own one :cry_sad: .

)TNR(

Now this are very cool news, thanks for the info simonjedi :thumbup: . This is cool if we consider this is the first time the TLC make promotionals about a licensed-line. I just hope they some day do one about star wars :cry_sad: , they lost the oportunity of do some with the release of the Clone Wars movie and decide to do some crappy toys :hmpf_bad: .

If those are real, i may go to McD's for the first time in years (real means lego).

real legos would rock!

jifel

Exactly what I think!

It seems odd for MCDs to host game based toys though...

(Although it may have happened before and I don't know because I don't often go to McDonald's)

Sounds great! Does that mean world wide though? I remember the old bionicle toys they gave away that I collected, and they were fun, hopefully these contain a figure and a few bits.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Considering that these toys are shot out of a machine in China to make a quick buck, I doubt that these will be worth it. But I hope it is.

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I just hope they dont turn out like the figures during the last Bionicle promotion (Mcdonalds made their toys based on the Bionicle sets that were being sold at the time. They were clunky, had cheap color schemes, and were given crappy light up swords.)

Really? The one I got shot a little card disk.

Sounds very interesting indeed... I try to avoid McD's food (although if I must, chicken is okay...), but I may have to stop in and grab some meal deals for the sets if they look decent.

Gotta have some confirmation though!!

Sounds interesting! I will just buy them without the meals for 75 cents, as I don't eat their food.

Ew. Look at the Mcdonalds Happy Meal Page. Big robin with crappy launcher thing. And Batman with an odd arm. I hope these promos end up being real LEGO...

Edited by darthperson

Ew. Look at the Mcdonalds Happy Meal Page. Big robin with crappy launcher thing. And Batman with an odd arm. I hope these promos end up being real LEGO...

I think thats just a screenshot or something similar from the game.

Nope i think those are them :sick:.

I have a deep hatred of MCDs so i dont think I'd get these even if they are proper figs :sick: .

Even if they are cheap non-LEGO "toys" (I call them trash as they always end up in the dump,too bad they don't give higher-quality toys), I might pick some/a couple up as they go for quite a bit unopened on Bricklink. Anyone know when this starts?

Oh crap! Not the figures, but where this thread is headed to. Soon we'll get a lot of posters saying things like:

"Eeew! I'd NEVER eat at Maccas! Food is disgusting and I'm embarrassed to be seen there!"

"No, I'm not getting these even if they are good, no way am I buying McDonalds food!"

"MCDs is CRAP! I hate it! So no way for me! I'm better than that!"

:hmpf:

Me? If these are good, I'll happily buy them with a McChicken meal! Sure it is pretty junky, but I like the taste*

*See? It's not that hard to admit you like it every so often.

Edited by Batbrick

Hey, if they turn out to be actual minifigs, and not just "statues" like before, I'll suck it up and eat there. Or, you could always try what I tried when the Bionicles came out: ask them to hold you a set. Sometimes they will. They set aside one of each for me, and I paid like a buck each for them.

Also, if anyone is in the Southern California area, I'm sure you've heard of Frank & Sons. That place got its start as a place where McDonald's could sell off its extra Happy Meal toys, and the money all went to the RM House. Not a bad way to go.

I love Mc donalds! I rearly eat it but I still like it. Infact I'm goin there in about and hour or so!

Im sure once we actually get the figs that they will be fine.

Also, is that a lego W.O.O. lego? :wacko:

Yeah - I'm betting the Bats doesn't have an arm like that...and the launcher doesn't look crappy to me. We've got a few weeks before the game comes out. Hopefully the toys will be released in conjunction with the release - I say we wait and see...

Edited by Dadster

I think I'll wait until we see some proper pictures to make an informed judgement. If they're proper Lego, then good, they'll be worth checking out. If they're not, no big deal, move on.

I'm with Dadster- let's wait and see.