16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Hello all Eurobricks members and Town Lovers,

Today, I will be doing up the third item in the SHELL Promotional series in 1998. Three out of the eight promotional sets are under Town theme. The third in the line is the Exterme Team sub theme which is promoted in 1998. Extreme Team is a bunch of adventurous, daring, breath taking individuals that risk their lives for an unforgettable excitement of the lifetime. Their vehicles range from land, air and sea type of extreme taking types.

Extreme Team is one the unknown themes ever released in my "Dark Age". I only had this small lovely set in my Entire Extreme Team collection. Hope we are able to see more interesting reviews under Extreme Team as well. :sweet:

Name: Extreme Team Raft

Theme: LEGO System / Town / Promotional / SHELL

Year: 1998

Pieces: 19

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$2.00

An image of a 2537, Extreme Team, Raft

1.jpg

This will be an exciting water adventure!

4.jpg

This is another great addition to your female population count. She is one of thhe daring individuals in the Extreme Team, that take her raft beyond limit, into the rough waters where she might face possible dangers. Look how confident she is, with those witty eyes of her. I am very sure she will survived the course of her entire journey.

Raft's Design

6.jpg

This is a very simple design, with just a big piece of wooden plank and a couple of logs tied together on the side, and it is ready to take it down to the water. Speaking of some real adventure, do you dare to take this raft in the unknown waters? There is a small holding area, where she is able to place her critical equipment to ensure her safety throughout the journey.

Bottom of the raft

7.jpg

Excellent range of equipment

5.jpg

This set actually provides very good range of equipment. There is a pair of oars, hammer, life vest and backpack. The most wonderful piece of equipment is the pair of dynamites. First of all, they are printed. Next, they can be used in Wild West or any playing possibilites which involved in explosives. This is a very good impulse set to stock up these accessories. I wondered what she need to use these dynamites for? :tongue:

Her Extreme Team black jacket is very nicely designed, with their logo "X" or another way of saying "Xtreme". I find the green arms and black jacket matched pretty well, with that blue cap.

Front view

2.jpg

Relaxing herself, listening to the calm sea

8.jpg

To summarise, this is one of the better impulse sets ever produced. It comes with a simple raft with tons of good accessories, and a very cheap way to obtain dynamites. In fact, these are my only 2 piece in my entire collection. Somehow, this set managed to find its way to my collection in my Dark Age, and I am very pleased to have this. No major flaws on this set, it fufill the conditions of an excellent impulse set! :blush:

Summary review

Playability: 9.5/10 (High playability involved. You can used it as an Indy, Adventurers or whatever purpose for the raft)

Design: 10/10 (Very very simple design with superb great accessories. For a promo/impulse set, it's very good)

Price: 9.5/10 (A very inexpensive set based on the 1998 pricing. Great way to buy this to add in some adventures of your own)

Overall: 9.7/10 (This is a fanastic set, mainly for its accessories. Get it if you still see any of these. It's defintely worth the money, if its reasonable)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

This would be great for any Pirate fan, the extraback pack for the soldiers, some spare owes for the row boats, a female face for a wench, and a rather simple raft for that unlucky pirate lost at sea!

Over all a nice set, I am a little confused by the dynamite though... perhaps an easy way to go fishing :laugh:

or perhaps to clear a rock in the forseen future?

Or is it that she is just a suicide bomber attacking the white house water :tongue: (joke not ment to be tasteless or offensive to those lost in the act of terrosim, greatest respect to those who have lost loved ones)

Great Review, Regards

Cpt. PB

Over all a nice set, I am a little confused by the dynamite though... perhaps an easy way to go fishing :laugh:

Hilarious! :laugh: I bet she threw out the penicillin and flare gun to make room for the axe and dynamite in her survival kit. Who wouldn't?

Maybe she's a Lost escapee.

Good set, I laughed at the dynamite, but not as much as that axe... not many trees on the rapids. Looks like she's got more than dynamite to cause havoc in the harbour...

Again a great review, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

I voted for Average:

The minifig and the accessoríes are excellent - but the raft itself is very poor.

Klaus-Dieter

Glad some of you like this set for the wide variety of good accessories. It seemed some are unfavour of the raft's design. Well, I think for an impulse set. The raft's design is quite good. At least, it took care of the color scheme well. It's just a simple raft for the adventurer to move onto the river stream and throw some dynamitte to blow some obstacles away. :tongue:

This would be great for any Pirate fan, the extraback pack for the soldiers, some spare owes for the row boats, a female face for a wench, and a rather simple raft for that unlucky pirate lost at sea!

Your comments make me feel like I has just done a Pirate review instead of an Extreme Team Review. :laugh: