Sign in to follow this  
DoubleT

Event 2006

Hi all

Just wanted to let you all know, that the 2006 event is taking place at Windsor, probaly in Mai :)

Hope to see you all there, we had great fun in Billund *satis*

DoubleT

Mai

Why not in summer ?

Luigi, 'll try to be there too, nice occasion to see England

Mai

Why not in summer ?

Luigi, 'll try to be there too, nice occasion to see England

because we want to avoid the crowds...

May is the best month for travel. Small crowds, not overly hot or cool what esle could you ask for. I would like to go myself but school costs will not allow it. I got to go to Germany that will have to be enough for me.

Hey, what about 2005? I still haven't heard a report about that yet. Just some pictures.

SuvieD just look in this Event folder ;)

But it was great, and hard to describe, you had to be there *satis*

Ah, very good! Easier to get to than Billund and pre-season for cheaper flights. Should work out this time :)

Well, I would have loved to be there, except that I'M IN CANADA! *sing*

Frankly, based on the countries poll results so far, the next event should be in the US, near the Canadian border. :-D

Maybe we should rename the site "NorthAmeriBricks" , and invite our respected European (and Australian of course, Mr. Phes) Lego lovers to join us. :-D

Gyl

To be fair that polll is not good, lots of European contries missing... And you got Brickfest ;)

Agree with TT. Wasn't the idea that we should go to a different LEGOLAND park each year? Maybe one day we'll hit the parks overseas. But for now it's Windsor in 2006. Can we please have a date soon? I am working and need a date in order to convince my boss to let me have the day before and after off.

KimT

Agree with TT. Wasn't the idea that we should go to a different LEGOLAND park each year? Maybe one day we'll hit the parks overseas. But for now it's Windsor in 2006. Can we please have a date soon? I am working and need a date in order to convince my boss to let me have the day before and after off.

KimT

1) i agree with Kim. The sooner we get a date, the better. Not just for getting time off, but also for getting good accomodations, plane/train tickets,...

2) my proposal is to go to Windsor on the third weekend of May 2006 (Friday-Sunday) for several reasons:

It's still very early in the year. there won't be much people around, and for some parts of the park it's really better if you don't have to wait 15-30 minutes. The entire pirate theme, for instance, can only be seen if you take a small boat... And we also don't want any body else at the pab :P

you can still go on summer holidays with friends/family in July/August to where ever you want to go. this trip won't be in the way

it's also out of season in the UK. Windsor Castle is pretty close, so it might be quite difficult to get accomodations in Windsor town during summer, unless you want to pay a lot more...

Sure, we're taking a risk with british weather, but then, weather in Billund wasn't very good either, still, we had a great time... There won't be much of the tourist activities either. This means we'll have to entertain ourselves... :P

Date and details will be posted ASAP, I need to contact the guys at Legoland Windsor to see if we can get any special stuff sorted, such as MOC displays etc..

I will let you all know as soon as I can, so don't worry! ;)

Jon.

i will well try to be there but i do LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND ! *sing* :'( |:| :( *sick* >:(

legoman Posted on Oct 17 2005, 07:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will well try to be there but i do LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND !       

Why do you complain??? I would prefer to live there... :(

Well, as you live fairly close (compared to being in NZ anyway) there are less things to stop you coming to the event next year with Apo! ;)

Jon.