18 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Time for another of the great Castle sets. And yes this one is a great army builder set as well :D

Set# 7090

Set title: Crossbow Attack

Price: 5.29 Euro / 5.99 USD

Pieces: 54

Release: 2007

The Box:

7090.jpg

And as the other two sets reviewd so far (7009 and 5615), this one has a fitting box that is too easily snatched from the shelf and put into your shopping cart. - Not sure it's a great thing...too expensive in the end :laugh::D

The Crossbow Attack Cart:

xbow.jpg

xbow.jpg

The cart is a neat little build that actually works. And for once we're not given that awful technic launcher, but a "build-it" launcher! It actually works just fine for it's purpose. The addition of two crossbows makes it worth buying. Never can get enought weapons for the evergrowing Crownie army.

The Figs:

7090figsah.jpg

Oddly I've not taken any pics of the figs and therefore I'll illustrate using the S@H pic. The figs are great. I love the silver helmets and in this set you get 2 crownies and a skeleton plus a white skeleton horse. That's a lot of figs for a set this size. A true army builder. Thumbs up for that.

The All in All verdict:

Another small, yet super set in the Castle theme. I bought several of these to make a fine little army. It's cheap and often found on sale! I can hardly resist buying it when I see it :grin:

KimT

Hard to find (in Italian shops); I had a friend buying one for meas soon as the set was available. I always wanted another one, so while in Switzerland (see KimT's 7009 review for the full story), I bought two.

For 5 €uros you get two knights, a skeleton and a skeleton horse, some hand weapons and a shooting device (please remember, don't aim at the eyes!)

Just great.

This little bugger brought me back from my Dark Ages! As a movie fan, I just couldn't resist the thought of making an animation with living LEGO skeletons (I'm referring to Ray Harryhausen's work on the classic Jason and the Argonauts here). Buying the Indy sets stopped me from getting a lot more Castle sets. Though in time I added the Final Joust, the Wizard and the impulse Knight to my collection, as well as buying more unique figs (King, Princess) from expensive Castle sets off Bricklink.

So yeah. Great little set. Two crownies, a skeleton and a skeletal horse, you just cannot resist that! Even if you hadn't been buying LEGO for 5 years. As far as I'm concerned, this set is One For The Ages! I love it!

This is an awesome set in my opinion. I scraped my crossbows for MOCing recently, but the set is still an amazing army builder. For the price for the SW battlepacks, which have 4 minifigs and a cheap vehicle, you get 4 knights ( this is 2 sets to equal the price of a BP ), 2 Skellys and 2 skelly horses, plus 4 crossbows, 4 good wheels, and some other good dark blue and brown pieces for my ever expanding castle town. Great Buy.