Hinckley

History & Adventure MOC index discussion thread

The H&A MOC index is a work in progress, so please keep in mind that Sir Dillon, I Scream Clone and I are constantly working on it. Leave all questions and comments about the index in this thread please and we will try to answer all questions and requests as soon as possible. Thanks.

How comprehensive is this index going to be, because particularly when it comes to castle I could envision this entailing literally hundreds of MOCs. Other than Town/City, Castle seems to be one of the most frequented themes. Is the index going to focus largely on Eurobricks members or is it also going to entail prominent non-Eurobricks builders?

I'm only asking because given the nature of LEGO History & Adventure, might it not be better to have a few indexes (ie. Western, Adventure, Ninja, and Castle) rather than a single index that becomes too convoluted to be easily navigated? Despite my concerns, I do really like this idea and I'm glad to see MOC indexing being featured on Eurobricks as searching for that perfect MOC when you can't recall the builder can be frustrating.

Thanks for the work your putting into this. It really is appreciated.

How comprehensive is this index going to be, because particularly when it comes to castle I could envision this entailing literally hundreds of MOCs. Other than Town/City, Castle seems to be one of the most frequented themes. Is the index going to focus largely on Eurobricks members or is it also going to entail prominent non-Eurobricks builders?

I'm only asking because given the nature of LEGO History & Adventure, might it not be better to have a few indexes (ie. Western, Adventure, Ninja, and Castle) rather than a single index that becomes too convoluted to be easily navigated? Despite my concerns, I do really like this idea and I'm glad to see MOC indexing being featured on Eurobricks as searching for that perfect MOC when you can't recall the builder can be frustrating.

Thanks for the work your putting into this. It really is appreciated.

Hey no problem and thanks yourself!

Well, this will only include MOCs posted on EB and I'm not a fan of having too many indices, so for now we'll just have the one. If we had several we'd have to have an index for the indices and the people would have three EB screens open and it'd be annoying and more difficult to manage and that's basically the reasoning. One index to rule them all...

Wow! Well done Hinckley on a great job! Now I can find all those great castle's that others have made!

Cheers and Thanks for going to this much trouble (oh and adding mine too)

Wow! Well done Hinckley on a great job! Now I can find all those great castle's that others have made!

Cheers and Thanks for going to this much trouble (oh and adding mine too)

Sir Dillon did a lot of work too and he's now in charge of it so don't forget to thank him (and yes, please don't post in the index itself. :tongue:) Thanks!

Sir Dillon did a lot of work too and he's now in charge of it so don't forget to thank him (and yes, please don't post in the index itself. :tongue:) Thanks!

Cool, Thanks Sir Dillon! :thumbup:

I just figured we needed some permanent praise pinned to the top of the page for the hard work you mods do! (God, what a suck :laugh: )

Can I said thank you to the both of you? :sweet:

Thank you Hinckley and Sir Dillion for your consentient efforts to index and categorise the MOCs into one overview index. Best of all, there is an overview picture, reference to it. It's really very nice to see lots of outstanding and excellent creations at one glance.

Hi Sir Dillon, would you mind adding my SNOT Mine to the index? Thanks in advance :thumbup:

ISC

Since we are constantly working on this index and trying to manage our time the best way possible, we ask politely that people don't request their MOCs be added to the index unless a month or so has passed by and it looks like we've actually overlooked it. It may take a few weeks for us to catch up and we may be a little bit more behind now with the Summer Holidays, so please do your best to be patient with us. Thanks! :classic:

Hinck, it has been more than a month, and you still haven't even commented on my latest MOC. You could at least index it, please don't ignore me... :cry_sad:

:tongue: I thought you might need a little reminder. I think there are a few others that still need indexing too, so you guys might want to look into that. Keep up your great work! :classic:

Hinck, it has been more than a month, and you still haven't even commented on my latest MOC. You could at least index it, please don't ignore me... :cry_sad:

:tongue: I thought you might need a little reminder. I think there are a few others that still need indexing too, so you guys might want to look into that. Keep up your great work! :classic:

What is this, a PM? :tongue: Sir Dillon is indexing this forum now, so please address your neglect to him. Thank you. As far as your MOC goes, sorry I've missed it. I'll get to that soon, I swear. :classic:

I apologize for the slack in the MOC indexing of late. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten... I'll get around to it as soon as I can. :classic:

I apologize for the slack in the MOC indexing of late. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten... I'll get around to it as soon as I can. :classic:

You're awesome. Thanks for keeping up the index so well! :grin:

Here's a couple of my latest MOCs that didn't get added :cry_sad: So I made the thumbs for you with links

[url="http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23522"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iscreamclone/Castle/ccccvi_001_-_copy.jpg][/url] [url="http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23776"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iscreamclone/Castle/thumb.jpg][/url]

They are both 128 pix thumbs too.

The first is Waterfall secret hideout, second dragon mosiac.

Cheers

Self Promotion On! :grin:

Edited by I Scream Clone

Hey ISC, could you please fix the links and images in the first post of your Behind the Veil topic? Otherwise it looks like I'm linking to a blank topic.

Hey ISC, could you please fix the links and images in the first post of your Behind the Veil topic? Otherwise it looks like I'm linking to a blank topic.

Thanks Dillon, I had moved all the pics out of Brickshelf and forgotten to check the image links.

Keep up the awesome work mate. :thumbup:

I have a humble request that you could index the rest of my Princess Quest comic's chapters, like you have done for the first six. Direct links are available in my signature, as always. :wink:

Thank you in advance! :wub:

I have a humble request that you could index the rest of my Princess Quest comic's chapters, like you have done for the first six.

Done! Thanks for being patient. :classic:

Thanks Sir Dillon for keeping up this MOC index so well. We have a lot of active builders in this forum and it's nice to be able to browse their creations with the index. Great work! :classic:

Wait, what? Am I stepping on an injoke between you and Sir Dillon?

Wait, what? Am I stepping on an injoke between you and Sir Dillon?

Hinckley was just making another post for me so I can expand the index. :wink:

I've been restructuring a few things in the index and as a result have fallen behind on the actual indexing, but your creation will definitely added eventually.

Thanks!