Antsa Antero

Will there ever be a newer better ship than the BSB or SES?

Will there ever be a newer better ship than the BSB or SES?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion.

• Yes, when the new pirate line comes out we will see the best ships ever!
    • No, the BSB and SES are true classics and can never be topped!

I hate the new ship it doesn't has strings insted of the it has a stupid chain holding the frontal sail and the skulls on the other sails are ugly these ship looks like a cheap plastic toy which can not be compared with such a sets like the Black Seas Barracuda or the Skull's Eye Schooner lego won't create a set like those ones never, that's what i belive still i would be really pleased to see a set like the old ones ... :pir-look:

Lego needs to convince the parent that a set twice the price of the latest Xbox game is worth while

Therefore they need to design a set that the adult likes, what the child wants is secondary - there are 1 million things a child wants after all

Sets like the Death Star were never intended to be a child's toy - face it, how many parents would spent £270 on a plastic toy??

I'd have to disagree with you. Sets like the Death Star are specifically geared for AFOLS. Adults complain about the lack of minifigures - this has like 16 including droids and such. It's essentially a UCS that isn't simply a model. In addition, my guess would be that most AFOLs are people who either played and collected Lego as a kid or bought Lego for their children and got hooked. Remember, it's the kids playing with Lego, not the parents. It's not if the parent likes it or not.

On the original subject, I believe that Lego could only beat SES or BSB if they didn't always have to worry about the price. As a kid, the only $100 sets that I got were at Christmas/Birthday. TLG is so concerned with keeping prices down that they probably can't beat the originals. SES and BSB both included four cannons. Brickbeard's Bounty only has two.

The BBB looks better when you consider this: It's not in the same size class as the BSB and SES...it's a section shorter, so it's actually on the scale of the RBR...and it blows the RBR away in design terms.