On a scale of 1 to 5  

144 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

I have this set and it is great!! :sweet: It looks great, but I do not play chess with it. You should buy it if you do not have it. The review is outstanding, there are also reviews of it on brickset.com, if you want to read them.

I have this set and it is great!! :sweet: It looks great, but I do not play chess with it. You should buy it if you do not have it. The review is outstanding, there are also reviews of it on brickset.com, if you want to read them.

oops, there are 2 :sceptic: sorry!

This thread is four years old, everyone think really carefully before posting.

I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I only joined Eurobricks less than a month ago from now and had little time to post in here until now, and I really, really like this set (it is my absolute favourite Castle set of all time), so I felt compelled to reply to this thread, since I missed out on my favourite Castle set. :cry_sad::wink:

oops, there are 2 :sceptic: sorry!

I do plan on buying one copy of this set one day -- preferably in mint or near mint condition, as I must have the original box and instuctions -- probably on Bricklink (which is likely the only purchase that I plan to do on Bricklink), when I do get a job (jobs are very hard to come by for me here) and I can afford it.

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

This set is totally awesome. However the box suggests its possible to pack it away without complete destruction of the board. Anyone got photos of how to do this as I cant seem to get it all back in the box?

Thanks.

This set is totally awesome. However the box suggests its possible to pack it away without complete destruction of the board. Anyone got photos of how to do this as I cant seem to get it all back in the box?

Thanks.

Welcome to Eurobricks! It is best not to bump (posting in a thread that has been buried in time). I suggest a new question topic would be better for next time. Perhaps sending a PM (a feature unlocked when you reach 10 posts), to the creator of this review (WhiteFang), would be a good idea?

Once again, welcome!

Edited by BrickCurve

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to Eurobricks. Unfortunately, at that point in time, I choose to break this set into sections and it is now in a state of mess. I believe if you remove the four corner realms, it should be able to fit the entire chess set into the mega storage box.

Thank Good Cragger Fan and Haffy for bumping this thread long ago, I had the same question and searched but could not find the answer.  It sounds dumb to me to start a whole new thread to one question when there is a perfectly good thread on the subject.

On 7/9/2016 at 8:50 PM, BrickCurve said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! It is best not to bump (posting in a thread that has been buried in time). I suggest a new question topic would be better for next time. Perhaps sending a PM (a feature unlocked when you reach 10 posts), to the creator of this review (WhiteFang), would be a good idea?

Once again, welcome!

This is insane to me...If he had sent White Fang a PM then we would not have known the answer to the question and the community would not have benefited.  The OP answered the question so that was awesome.  Also unreasonable is to open a whole new thread for that one question, or having one thread per question.  

Aniways, the reason for my post is because I plan on buying this set at some point and would like to know from anyone that has owned this set how it has held up over the years, and how good the comfortable actual chess gameplay is with the pieces.  Also any extra info on how awesome the set is would be welcomed  Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ckubrick2

On 7/7/2018 at 11:06 PM, Ckubrick2 said:

Thank Good Cragger Fan and Haffy for bumping this thread long ago, I had the same question and searched but could not find the answer.  It sounds dumb to me to start a whole new thread to one question when there is a perfectly good thread on the subject.

This is insane to me...If he had sent White Fang a PM then we would not have known the answer to the question and the community would not have benefited.  The OP answered the question so that was awesome.  Also unreasonable is to open a whole new thread for that one question, or having one thread per question.  

Aniways, the reason for my post is because I plan on buying this set at some point and would like to know from anyone that has owned this set how it has held up over the years, and how good the comfortable actual chess gameplay is with the pieces.  Also any extra info on how awesome the set is would be welcomed  Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Eurobricks. It’s kind of nostaligic to see my past decade of reviewing work re-appear again. I am glad the information given is still relevant and of use. The Giant Chess Set is still one of the most solid design ever released, despite of many other renditions. I haven’t been able to restore my Giant Chess Set and it is in quite an unfortunate state. This review is a good memory of what it had used to been. 

Enjoy your stay and see you around. 

WhiteFang