Sign in to follow this  
oo7

Primage Rock Lighthouse

Ahoy there!

Here be my latest work in progress - a diorama inspired by the dubious prospect of a new official pirate line. I'm still debating over whether to include a railing around the gallery up top, laying tiles for shingles on the roof, or adding more vegetation in the cliff face. Also, the redcoat torso designs are custom decals, so don't be alarmed. :pir-tongue:

2747565853_bd9e0a1807.jpg

2747565885_fdb2aca15b.jpg

Here's a final shot with a small fishing cutter that hasn't yet been completed.......since I first started building it for Captain Greenhair's "Pimp Your IMTP Ship" contest. :pir-grin:

2746092543_a664555e93_b.jpg

WOW! Great WIP, oo7! As usual, your MOCs amaze me. I think that, as an Imperial Lighthouse, it shouldn't have foliage on the side- that sort of thing belongs on a Pirate outpost, in my opinion. :pir-tongue:

I like the ship; I love the use of the flags on the side. Also, does the lighthouse's rock base have any interior?

:thumbup: Awesome!

Awesome WIP oo7,

I just have a couple questions. Is that a Brickarms M1 the soldier at the bottom is carrying? Would they really put a cannon so close to the lighthouse? Just seems like too easy of a target. None the less, I really like it, thank for sharing.

Tony

Really nice one oo7 :pir-wub:!

I´ve always loved lighthouses and I think yours to be very fine! Imo it doesn´t need railing!

Keep up the excellent work :thumbup:!

CopMike

Hello 007,

this is really a very beautiful model.

I like the palm also very much.

Have you made the uniforms of the figures yourself?

Capt. K.

Great work, like a real oo7 Masterpiece!

I love that rounded wall technique.

About the railing, I don't think you need it. Perhaps that would be a little overkill.

As for the vegetation, I think it would look very nice, and perhaps even more realistic. I'd give it a try!

Also, the redcoat torso designs are custom decals, so don't be alarmed. :pir-tongue:

They look fine! :thumbup: Care to give us a close up of the torso?

What an awsome little MOC. Looks great! :thumbup:

Swab

Thank you!

WOW! Great WIP, oo7! As usual, your MOCs amaze me. I think that, as an Imperial Lighthouse, it shouldn't have foliage on the side- that sort of thing belongs on a Pirate outpost, in my opinion. :pir-tongue:

I like the ship; I love the use of the flags on the side. Also, does the lighthouse's rock base have any interior?

Indeed it does, although it's fairly small and has remained empty. I doubt it matters since you really couldn't see it anyway without dismantling entire structure apart. Anyway, thanks for the compliments!

Awesome WIP oo7,

I just have a couple questions. Is that a Brickarms M1 the soldier at the bottom is carrying? Would they really put a cannon so close to the lighthouse? Just seems like too easy of a target. None the less, I really like it, thank for sharing.

Tony

Yes, Brickarms M1 indeed. It's a bit anachronistic, but perhaps a little less so than the flared musket produced by The LEGO Group. In regards to cannon, I believe it is plausible and I have found some similar reference on the web however sparingly. I think that if you had such a nice lighthouse, you'd want it protected as well, no? :pir-tongue:

Really nice one oo7 :pir-wub:!

I´ve always loved lighthouses and I think yours to be very fine! Imo it doesn´t need railing!

Keep up the excellent work :thumbup:!

CopMike

Many thanks, Officer! I think I'll be sticking with your opinion about the railings. :pir-classic:

Hello 007,

this is really a very beautiful model.

I like the palm also very much.

Have you made the uniforms of the figures yourself?

Yes, they're custom torso decals that I've designed myself for the most part, only using a preexisting one as a template for the bandoliers.

Awesome WIP, oo7 - the SNOT-iness just adds to the awesomeness of the moc. :thumbup:

Thank you, am glad you appreciate that.

Nice! But I think the glass top of that lighthouse looks kind of too modern

Thanks, but from the research I've done it stands authentic for the time period, early 19th century.

Great work, like a real oo7 Masterpiece!

I love that rounded wall technique.

About the railing, I don't think you need it. Perhaps that would be a little overkill.

As for the vegetation, I think it would look very nice, and perhaps even more realistic. I'd give it a try!

They look fine! :thumbup: Care to give us a close up of the torso?

Thank you, Mr. Tiber! More realism can be added by more vegetation perhaps, but only for bits far up on the cliff face. I'll see what I can do in regards to the close up shot.

How did I miss this MOC? This seems to be occurring all too frequently lately and I hope it's because you MOCers are building so many great MOCs I can't possibly keep up with them!

I'll flag this one as frontpage material as well - that's the third for today!

oo7,

The torsos you used look a lot like the torsos used in the new Pirate sets. Are your's custom decals or did you get a hold of some new Lego soldiers?

Tony

Incredibly innovative and impressive! I really love the rounding technique you used to build the lighthouse by using assorted pieces instead of just cylinders alone. I also love the different colors, it makes the entire MOC more realistic. The wooden door plank is pretty ingenious, too. I agree that you should add some foliage, and maybe even a couple of more details such as a ladder.

Great MOC. I like the use of the large gat door for a dock. Very inventive. I also enjoyed the technique to make the lighthouse.

Yes, they're custom torso decals that I've designed myself for the most part, only using a preexisting one as a template for the bandoliers.

Could ye be persuaded to post it oo7? It would be good to do something with my extra red torsoes and shakos.

How did I miss this MOC? This seems to be occurring all too frequently lately and I hope it's because you MOCers are building so many great MOCs I can't possibly keep up with them!

Not yet, Lord Admiral, it's only a WIP! :pir-tongue: I'll be posting some updated pictures later on featuring those roof shingles but I still need to figure out whether or not to somehow work in that small cutter.....

Incredibly innovative and impressive! I really love the rounding technique you used to build the lighthouse by using assorted pieces instead of just cylinders alone. I also love the different colors, it makes the entire MOC more realistic. The wooden door plank is pretty ingenious, too. I agree that you should add some foliage, and maybe even a couple of more details such as a ladder.

Ah, thanks very much for your feedback! :pir-classic:

Great MOC. I like the use of the large gat door for a dock. Very inventive. I also enjoyed the technique to make the lighthouse.

Could ye be persuaded to post it oo7? It would be good to do something with my extra red torsoes and shakos.

Thank you, Commodore. I most certainly can get that up for you but be warned, I had to play with the size and the red hue to get it the best match. Somehow I found the red one of the toughest colors to work with and could only reach satisfaction with the use of glossy photo paper, unlike blue, black, or grey torsos that I've printed in the past on regular paper.....

And just to reiterate, I have designed this torso over another one made by one of our members (ImperialShawdows) only leaving the bandoliers and the center black buttons from the original. So, partial credit goes to him.

post-788-1219198410.png

That torso is very good. I must say it is probably better than what LEGO will do. I've seen the torsos in catalog pictures on BS, so this is very close. Great work!

Well, what to say about such a keen work?

Nothing that others couldn´t say better....

A license to love, insurance to hold

Melts all your memories and change into gold

His eyes are like angels but his heart is cold

No need to ask

He's a smooth operator

Smooth operator, smooth operator

Smooth operator

Sade

Beside that cold heart issue that is, of course. :pir-wink:

Well, having added the roof shingles and displayed it at Brickfair, I suppose this is now finished. :pir-classic:

2818109534_6b451fd6d5_o.jpg

Well, having added the roof shingles and displayed it at Brickfair, I suppose this is now finished. :pir-classic:

Oh, very nice. I must admit the shingles on the roof don't make much difference, I was thinking you might do a roof something like Cafe Corner. I notice you have that battle of Lexington Green MOC cannon there. The rebels going to tae the lighthouse so the fleet goes on the rocks?

Either way, great work! :pir-classic:

Well, having added the roof shingles and displayed it at Brickfair

What kind of reaction did it receive at Brickfair?

You MISSED this? How dare you! Such a fine MOC shouldn't go unnoticed for so long!

How did they appreciate it at Brickfair?

Edited by Adam

very nice :pir-classic: with the cannon it look to me like a lighthouse thet showthe way into a harboiur area or something like that, then you could want some first line of defence of the area :) the brown thing that stick out of the water infront, what is that?

007: I love your building style. This is really another one of your outstanding MOCs. I love the combination of a lighthouse and a soldier fortress. I just got done posting a few pictures of Playmobil's Soldier Fortress.

I esp. like the small ship and how you added the colored flags. The sails are very nice as well.

Great job!

Oh, very nice. I must admit the shingles on the roof don't make much difference, I was thinking you might do a roof something like Cafe Corner. I notice you have that battle of Lexington Green MOC cannon there. The rebels going to tae the lighthouse so the fleet goes on the rocks?

Either way, great work! :pir-classic:

Yup, I rebuilt the howitzer just to bring along with me. Thanks again.

What kind of reaction did it receive at Brickfair?

Sitting next to my more intricate and respectively impressive Western Goldmine and Japanese Teahouse, it honestly didn't get as much attention from most of the visitors who came by the table, but I did get some nice compliments nonetheless from the castle/semi-ancient room coordinator Ben Ellerman and also Brickarms owner Will Champman who liked the use of his M1 Garand model both here and in some of the other pirate stuff my brother and I took along.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billthefish/2812644228/

very nice :pir-classic: with the cannon it look to me like a lighthouse thet showthe way into a harboiur area or something like that, then you could want some first line of defence of the area :) the brown thing that stick out of the water infront, what is that?

That;s actually a single door attached on it's side serving as a dock.

007: I love your building style. This is really another one of your outstanding MOCs. I love the combination of a lighthouse and a soldier fortress. I just got done posting a few pictures of Playmobil's Soldier Fortress.

I esp. like the small ship and how you added the colored flags. The sails are very nice as well.

Great job!

I agree, the design of that playmobil set does look very well done. It's also a little similar to my model, which is also cool. :pir-blush: Thanks for sharing those photos (and also for the great compliments, as always).