darkrebellion

Vader's Red Helmet

Hello! I only really joined to add my input on this, even if it is about 6 years late.

I have 2 red Darth Vader helmets. One I'm 100% sure is genuine, and one which I'm less so sure about. My good one is flawless, it is identical to the final helmet; except red of course. My other one is potentially an even older prototype, it's made from a slightly less brittle plastic and lacks the number markings on the inside, apart from that it's exactly the same shape and dimensions as the final helmet. I don't think a red body was ever made as the torso brick wasn't new, just a new design.

I have nno idea how they develope their prototypes, but I can't imagine that they would use a different kind of plastic. What you are describing sounds more like somebody made a copy, like a resin cast or something.

Well, I can only speak for my own copy of the red helmet, and it's rather real...

Hello! I only really joined to add my input on this, even if it is about 6 years late.

I have 2 red Darth Vader helmets. One I'm 100% sure is genuine, and one which I'm less so sure about. My good one is flawless, it is identical to the final helmet; except red of course. My other one is potentially an even older prototype, it's made from a slightly less brittle plastic and lacks the number markings on the inside, apart from that it's exactly the same shape and dimensions as the final helmet. I don't think a red body was ever made as the torso brick wasn't new, just a new design.

Sorry about bumping the topic, I just came across this post and there was a question I just had to ask. Also, with all of the new molds that LEGO is creating, I think that it would be great if more experts contributed to the topic :wink: !

So, my question, to HJR-Holland and MysteriousHobNobs is this: How, where, and for how much did you get them?

On eBay they want $1000 *oh2* , and there's only one available. As a mini-collector this is my dream piece, the crown jewel :wub: . Is there any source I'm missing out on, is there any other way to get them :sceptic: ?

Sorry about bumping the topic, I just came across this post and there was a question I just had to ask. Also, with all of the new molds that LEGO is creating, I think that it would be great if more experts contributed to the topic :wink: !

So, my question, to HJR-Holland and MysteriousHobNobs is this: How, where, and for how much did you get them?

On eBay they want $1000 *oh2* , and there's only one available. As a mini-collector this is my dream piece, the crown jewel :wub: . Is there any source I'm missing out on, is there any other way to get them :sceptic: ?

Yeah, well on Bricklink, there's only 2 and they're £275 and $398!

Edited by Lord Tyrus

Wow and to think I owned 40+ of those red helmets at one time. I sold them for $40-$50 each on Bricklink back when they were a hot item. I had bought them from a German seller on Bricklink after hearing about them on FBTB.net. He originally only put about 20 up for sale, but they went so fast he put the rest up, so I got all he had left available at the time. Wish I had held on to more of them, I had no idea they were selling for the amounts mentioned throughout the this thread.

And yes, I still have 3 of them. :classic: 

On 12/20/2017 at 6:06 PM, LEGOBREN said:

2017 update - Just stumbled across this thread and there's now only one on bricklink and they want £619 for it:

https://store.bricklink.com/jarrovlissingen?p=jarrovlissingen&itemID=123218960#/shop?o={"invID":"123218960"}

There are none left now!

Edit: did you guys also see this? *huh*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Prototype-Red-Darth-Vader-Type-2-Helmet-AUTHENTIC-Excellent-RARE-/192493319984

Edited by BrickHat

Put on up on Ebay, finishing next Sunday. Will get to see the current value and if people still care about coloured parts anymore.

Up along with a genuine sw0112 and a testshot Wicket from 2002 Ewok Attack